Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mystery Of The White Room 1939

• 2 months later...

I saw it over 25 years ago on the 4th of July. The local television station was having a Red, White, and Blue horror film marathon on that day, and the three films they showed were "The Masque of the RED Death," "Mystery of the WHITE Room," and "Secret of the BLUE Room." But, don't ask me what it was about, because I don't remember.

I remember seeing "Mystery of the White Room" years ago and loving it. Unfortunately, it's not shown on TV very often. It's one of those movies that entertains you completely while you're watching it, and then a couple of days later you have forgotten all about it and can't even recall the plot. But oh, the fun you have watching it!

Terrence.

• 4 weeks later...

Those were the good old days of local TV -- B.I. (Before Infomercials.)

By the way, The Secret of the Blue Room (1933) was remade in 1944 as

Murder in the Blue Room.

The '33 version is now very rare, but I guess that could be said for many of the second-tier Universal horror/mystery movies of the 30's + 40's that used to be so prevalent on TV.

I wish they'd get these out somehow on DVD.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a neat mystery--part of the Universal CRIME CLUB series. There were 7 films in all. This one was based on the crime novel MURDER IN THE SURGERY and starred Bruce Cabot,Helen Mack and Frank Reicher (a Kong re-union). I watched this one just last week. SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM is a creaky old film, but fun to watch. Another one I watched recently. Universal remade it as THE MISSING GUEST in '38 and MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM in '44. I'd highly recommend the CRIME CLUB films if you can find them.