Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite movie?

Hi, dramafreak, I saw that this is your first post, welcome. I am fairly new to this site too. My favorite film is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington too, I saw it the first time when I was about 11 (a long long time ago!) and loved it. It has great acting and a great story and moral too. Hope you keep posting.

DC

Of course I have so many that I love but to narrow it down to one I usually pick My Fair Lady. It was one of the first classics I ever saw and the movie that got me to love Audrey. In fact I still remember watching the first scene of her walking in her dirty flower seller garb across the street and knocking into Freddy and saying "Look where you're goin' dear look where your goin'" and I was immediately pulled in to the movie by her charms.

Eliza Doolittle is my movie/literary hero. She only wants the things that are simple in life amd she always expects to be treated as a lady. She wont sit down until somebody asks her politely to sit down.

Hi Iam new as well welcome and this is lots of fun .I love The Quiet Man and anything with John Wayne.I loved James Stewart in It's A Wonderful Life.There are so many Have fun and enjoy !

Gotta say, it's Gilda. Besides showcasing my fav Rita Hayworth, it's just a great mixture of cast, chemistry, outrageous dialogue, and lurid atmosphere.

It was the first ever film I bought on VHS twenty years ago! And it was the first film I bought on DVD five years ago, before I even had a DVD player. Let me tell you, the following week, I had one! LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I love that two people are new to the site, and share the same favorite. That's how movies bring people together. "Mr. Smith" is a fine movie. I watched a little of it last week. GRAPES OF WRATH is high on my list. So are THE APARTMENT, THE SEARCHERS, and DOUBLE INDEMNITY. But you can't beat IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. It's over-stated and melodramatic. But the story, theme, and explosive level of emotion cancel out any shortcomings. As good a movie as I've ever seen!

The Best Years Of Our Lives (1946). I never get tired watching this one.

Runners-up:

Some Like It Hot (1959)

Full of Life (1956)

The Bad Seed (1956)

Shadow of a Doubt (1943)

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite films are:

"On The Waterfront" and "A Streetcar Named Desire" - I think these are the two best films ever made. Marlon Brando's performances in these films are the best I've ever seen. No other film compares to these two films.

My other choices for favorite films are:

On The Waterfront - the best film

Streetcar Named Desire - (tied with On The Waterfront)

12 Angry Men

East of Eden

Blackboard Jungle - excellent performance by Vic Morrow, Glenn Ford

Yankee Doodle Dandy

The Wizard of Oz

Ten Commandments

Pickup on South Street - Richard Widmark's performance is stellar

Kiss of Death

Patch of Blue

The Great Escape

From Here to Eternity