Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie is, why I couldn't just pick one, Gone With The Wind is probably the one that I could watch over and over again, It's a Wonderful Life is also just as good. When I first watched a movie with Jimmy Stuart in Rear Window and Marlyin Monroe in Some Like It Hot I went out and bought them online that same day that I had watched them. Movies such as Doctor Zhivago, North By Northwest, My Fair Lady and Dial M for Murder are all amazing movies, just can't enough of Turner Classic Movies. Those movies will outlast any movie made today, the actors, directors, writers today can never beat the movies that were created over 50 years ago. I love Turner Classic Movies, and couldn't ask for anythig better and I pary that the movies still live on and not forgotten by the younger and future generations soon to come.

> My favorite movie is, why I couldn't just pick one,

> Gone With The Wind is probably the one that I could

> watch over and over again, It's a Wonderful Life is

> also just as good. When I first watched a movie with

> Jimmy Stuart in Rear Window and Marlyin Monroe in

> Some Like It Hot I went out and bought them online

> that same day that I had watched them. Movies such as

> Doctor Zhivago, North By Northwest, My Fair Lady and

> Dial M for Murder are all amazing movies, just can't

> enough of Turner Classic Movies. Those movies will

> outlast any movie made today, the actors, directors,

> writers today can never beat the movies that were

> created over 50 years ago. I love Turner Classic

> Movies, and couldn't ask for anythig better and I

> pary that the movies still live on and not forgotten

> by the younger and future generations soon to come.

We couldn't agree with you more!

The Quiet Man, The Gunfighter, The Searchers, The Long Voyage Home, The Sea Wolf, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Of Mice and Men ( Milestone ),How Green Was My Valley, The Last Hurrah, Sergeant Rutledge,The Grapes of Wrath, Fort Apache,The Roaring Twenties, Brute Force,The Killers ( Siodmak ), Criss Cross, Nightmare Alley, Gunga Din, Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, Key Largo, The Big Sleep,Bringing Up Baby, White Heat, The Long Gray Line, Thieves Highway,Citizen Kane, Red River,My Darling Clementine,The Best Years of Our Lives,12 Angry Men, Q & A,Cape Fear ( Peck ),The Ox - Bow Incident, The Big Heat, Fury, The Woman in the Window, Detective Story,The Keeper of the Flame,Strange Cargo,The Mortal Storm, Stalag 17, Sunset Blvd, North by Northwest, Murder, He Says, Double Indemnity ( Wilder ), Five Graves to Cairo, The Hurricane, Two Rode Together, The Asphalt Jungle, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Bad Day at Black Rock, Fallen Angel,The Verdict (Newman ), The Mask of Dimitrios,Godfather 2,Ramona ( Henry King ), GWTW,Where the Sidewalk Ends, Rio Grande, Wagonmaster, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, The Fugitive (Fonda,)The Mark of Zorro ( Power), The Charge of the Light Brigade (Flynn), The Black Legion, The Manhurian Candidate ( Laurence Harvey), The Great McGinty, Mutiny on the Bounty ( Gable ),I Wake Up Screaming,The Devil and Daniel Webster, Crossfire, Murder, My Sweet, Mouring Becomes Electra, 7 Days in May. I guess that is enough .

> But, what's your favorite movie?

Fort Apache - Westerns

Nightmare Alley - Noir

The Roaring Twenties - Gangster

Of Mice and Men - The Best Years of Our Lives - Social Comment

Overall - Fort Apache - Comedy, Drama, Romance, Music, and for it's portrayal of " Anglo - Saxon Superiority "

Message was edited by:

ken123

So many favorites.....but here's a few:

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

THE GODFATHER (and GODFATHER II)

WEST SIDE STORY

IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

THE PHILADELPHIA STORY

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

THE SEARCHERS

ON THE WATERFRONT

CASABLANCA

CITIZEN KANE

GONE WITH THE WIND

I have not seen Rocky Balboa yet, I don't go to the theaters anymore because I hate having to deal with all the cynics that you see a lot at the movie theaters today so I wait untill the movie comes out on DVD. The movie comes out on DVD on March 27 and I can't wait to see it, I love the Rocky series.

My favorites would have to be anything with Cyd Charisse in it, like Silk Stockings (which would have to be my favorite out of the group) The Bandwagon, Brigadoon, It's Always Fair Weather, On an Island with You, Mark of the Renegade, East Side West Side, Tension, Meet Me in Las Vegas, Party Girl, Black Tights, Five Golden Hours, Two Weeks in Another Town, The Silencers, and Maroc 7.

Also anything with Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and Audrey Hepburn in it!

> Overall - Fort Apache - Comedy, Drama, Romance,

> Music, and for it's portrayal of " Anglo - Saxon

> Superiority "

>

> ken123

Ha ha ha!! Ken, you started my day with a laugh and I thank you!!

P.S. Wouldn't Jack Ford bridle at "Anglo-Saxon"---leaving out the Celts? :)

New member here. Here are some of my favorites:

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House/any Cary Grant

Gone With The Wind

It Happened One Night

Giant

The Best Years of Our Lives

Philedelphia Story

The Women

Pillow Talk

Original Father of the Bride

Shop Around the Corner

Bombshell

Just to name a few.....

Message was edited by:

grantgirl68

> New member here. Here are some of my favorites:

> Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House/any Cary Grant

> Gone With The Wind

> It Happened One Night

> Giant

> The Best Years of Our Lives

> Philedelphia Story

> The Women

> Pillow Talk

> Original Father of the Bride

> Shop Around the Corner

> Bombshell

> Just to name a few.....

>

> Message was edited by:

> grantgirl68

Welcome. There is a thread about "Shop" in the Romantic Comedies section. There was also a recent "Best Years" thread in the General Discussion or Hot Topics section if you want to dig it up.