Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great Movie Ironies

skimpole

This is not a movie irony, but a GREAT irony..........Probably, IMHO, the best musical appearance EVER on SNL was in 1982, when one of my very favorite bands, Squeeze, performed "Annie Get Your Gun" and "Pulling Mussels From a Shell". The guest host of that show was 7-year old actress Drew Barrymore, whom I have pilloried. Considering her association with Squeeze, I guess I should apologize.

I also suppose (and aren't sure if it's truly irony or not) but MY thought is on the overall irony of THE GODFATHER involving both Michael's claim of NOT being like his family, showing at first NO desire to get involved in the family business, and Vito's not wanting it for him either, and the movie ending with Michael clearly holding the reins of the business and empire he initially claimed he wished no part of.

Sepiatone   PS:  LOVED that Brad Pitt, "hopping mad" remark!

I would say that it was very ironic that when Olympic Decathlon winner, Bob Mathias was chosen to play himself in the movie, "The Bob Mathias Story" that after he had committed his thespian skills on film, that some reviewers had the gall to say he was not very convincing in the role.

• Like 1