Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few people have private messaged me about this, and each one asked me if I had seen a thread about it. After quickly scanning the forums and sub-forums, I do not see any. So I thought I'd create one here.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B1.42.2

First, I know very little about how TCM's Inner Circle came to be formed, except what is sent to me via email from TCM. I see it as something where we learn as we go along and hopefully it is helpful to TCM and its viewers.

I will provide a brief summary of my experience so far, and it's been positive:

Step one. I was sent an invitation to the Inner Circle. I believe others had received invitations ahead of me. So if you are reading this and have not yet been invited, my guess is you probably will be at some point in the future.

Step two. I was directed to a separate page/site owned by TCM where I began the registration and did a preliminary survey. These initial questions, from my understanding, were to determine how I might be able to participate in the site's on-going activities and to provide feedback as it is requested. 

The questions were a bit lengthy. By this I mean there were many questions, and some of them seemed a bit personal. But you have the option of not answering all of them. I answered each of them except one, which seemed strangely worded so I passed on it. One of the last things--I was told to make a question that could be shared with others at the Inner Circle. My question was pretty general but one I felt was good/acceptable. At the conclusion of the initial survey, I was told that my participation in the Inner Circle was approved, or whatever word they used, to indicate my registration had been successful. 

Step three. There was a quick poll I participated in about what kinds of technology I use to watch and post about TCM. Before I logged off, I looked at the different tabs they created. It looked like there will be upcoming newsletters and activities.

Step four. A few days later, I received an email notification from TCM that they had another survey for me to complete. So I logged back on to the Inner Circle webpage and did it. It recorded that I had completed the activity. One question I remember: they asked what I hoped to get from participating in the Inner Circle. I said that I was curious about how programming decisions are made and how relatives or fans are factored in when star tributes are scheduled. Very basic, but something I am interested in learning more about.

That has been it so far. Perhaps others have done more activities than I have at this point, and I hope they feel free to comment on it. 

This thread is meant to be neutral. Just be a place to discuss what sort of activities may be occurring. Personally, I think it is great that TCM is finding new ways to reach out to its viewers. I'm excited to be part of the process!

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B1.42.4

• Like 1

A few people have private messaged me about this, and each one asked me if I had seen a thread about it. After quickly scanning the forums and sub-forums, I do not see any. So I thought I'd create one here.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B1.42.2

First, I know very little about how TCM's Inner Circle came to be formed, except what is sent to me via email from TCM. I see it as something where we learn as we go along and hopefully it is helpful to TCM and its viewers.

I will provide a brief summary of my experience so far, and it's been positive:

Step one. I was sent an invitation to the Inner Circle. I believe others had received invitations ahead of me. So if you are reading this and have not yet been invited, my guess is you probably will be at some point in the future.

Step two. I was directed to a separate page/site owned by TCM where I began the registration and did a preliminary survey. These initial questions, from my understanding, were to determine how I might be able to participate in the site's on-going activities and to provide feedback as it is requested. 

The questions were a bit lengthy. By this I mean there were many questions, and some of them seemed a bit personal. But you have the option of not answering all of them. I answered each of them except one, which seemed strangely worded so I passed on it. One of the last things--I was told to make a question that could be shared with others at the Inner Circle. My question was pretty general but one I felt was good/acceptable. At the conclusion of the initial survey, I was told that my participation in the Inner Circle was approved, or whatever word they used, to indicate my registration had been successful. 

Step three. There was a quick poll I participated in about what kinds of technology I use to watch and post about TCM. Before I logged off, I looked at the different tabs they created. It looked like there will be upcoming newsletters and activities.

Step four. A few days later, I received an email notification from TCM that they had another survey for me to complete. So I logged back on to the Inner Circle webpage and did it. It recorded that I had completed the activity. One question I remember was they asked what I hoped to get from participating in the Inner Circle and I said something that I was curious about how programming decisions are made and how relatives or fans are factored in when star tributes are scheduled. Very basic but something I am interested in learning more about.

That has been it so far. Perhaps others have done more activities than I have at this point, and I hope they feel free to comment on it. 

This thread is meant to be neutral. Just be a place to discuss what sort of activities may be occurring. Personally, I think it is great that TCM is finding new ways to reach out to its viewers. I'm excited to be part of the process!

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B1.42.4

If TCM is inviting only certain posters, this is another public relations blunder.

• Like 3

If TCM is inviting only certain posters, this is another public relations blunder.

I don't honestly know, Frazier. But my feeling is they will probably invite everyone who posts on the message board forums consistently. I don't see why they'd exclude anyone, if the goal is to collect information that will create more brand loyalty and happy viewers. 

As I said, others were invited to participate ahead of me. I think they have batches of invitations they are doing. I was not part of the first batch. 

If you were excluded, Down maybe you and I can start our own club called the "Inner Sanctum"?

Much appreciation, TB for a very explanatory post about the IC!

• Like 1

I don't honestly know, Frazier. But my feeling is they will probably invite everyone who posts on the message board forums consistently. I don't see why they'd exclude anyone, if the goal is to collect information that will create more brand loyalty and happy viewers. 

As I said, others were invited to participate ahead of me. I think they have batches of invitations they are doing. I was not part of the first batch. 

What fun is it to join a club where everyone is invited, TB?

Just kidding, of course.

Consistently?  I should have been the first one invited, unless they've read some of my posts.

I don't believe that TCM is inviting certain posters...

If they were, what a great way to skew the statistics!

Here is more info:

What is TCM Inner Circle?

TCM Inner Circle is a place for fans of TCM to share their thoughts and recommendations with us. Members will have a unique opportunity to interact with others and share their opinions. Members are also asked to periodically complete surveys that will help to shape the future direction of TCM.

Why should I join TCM Inner Circle?

By joining TCM Inner Circle you will have the opportunity to comment on classic films, stars, TCM programming and events and have the opportunity to interact with other passionate fans. For your time and opinions you will have the chance to win a prize for each survey you complete and every post you make to the discussion board. The drawings are held quarterly, plus you qualify every quarter regardless if you have already won.

Will you be able to tell who specifically has given answers to the questions?

No, as stated in our Privacy Policy found on the home page tcminnercircle.com your answers are kept confidential.

What will the information gathered in the studies be used for?

We will use the information to better understand the needs and challenges that face the Entertainment industry today. We want to know what we can do to offer superior value and entertainment. Your feedback will help to determine the future direction of TCM. Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Please click here to view the Privacy Policy.

Will I get to see the results of the different surveys?

Periodically we will be publishing the insights that we gain from the research we are working on. Please come back and visit tcminnercircle.com often to share in what we have learned.

If I want to leave TCM Inner Circle, how do I do this?

Included on each invitation that we send you is a link to unsubscribe. Use that link to discontinue your participation in TCM Inner Circle.

Who do I contact if I need help with completing the survey?

To get help while filling out a survey please feel free to send an email to support@tcminnercircle.com. We are committed to getting back to you within 24 business hours. If you do leave a survey to seek help, don’t worry, when you come back you will be put back at the question you left at.

How do I learn more about TCM?

You can visit tcm.com to learn more about the network. Also, you can find information about Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. at Turner.com.

What new things can I expect from TCM Inner Circle in the future?

We are constantly working to improve this experience by having current polls and surveys as well as providing a discussion board for viewers to interact with one another. If you have any suggestions on ways to improve TCM Inner Circle please let us know by joining the discussion “TCM Inner Circle Information.”

Does my opinion really matter to the people in charge?

Absolutely! We at TCM Inner Circle want to know what you think. We consider your opinions when we make decisions about the future programming on TCM. We want the viewers to have a say on what they watch and TCM Inner Circle is an excellent way for you to have your opinions heard.

Is there an incentive to participate in TCM Inner Circle?

Yes, each survey you complete and every post you make on the discussion board will earn you entries into our quarterly drawing. You will have the chance to win a prize. Please click here to read the Sweepstakes Official Rules and Regulations.

How will I know when there are activities for me in TCM Inner Circle?

You will receive an email notification when you have a survey or other activities available for you. The email will provide a link to the activity and will provide instructions on how to get to the survey. There will also be a closing date for the survey listed in the email to inform you of how long you have to take the survey.

How often will I be asked to participate in a survey study?

We make every effort to keep our members active however the frequency of surveys will greatly depend on projects that we are working on and what we need feedback on. We do have an ongoing discussion board where you can interact with other fans and share your opinions about TCM even if we have not had a recent survey. The comments you make on the discussion boards are also monitored and used to supplement the information provided in the surveys. So you can always share your thoughts with the people in charge of TCM.

How can I update my email address, username, or password?

You can login to your membership account at TCM Inner Circle. There is an update link in the upper right hand corner where you can edit all of your information.

I have some ideas about how to make TCM Inner Circle better. How do I share those ideas with you?

We love to hear your feedback on the community. In order to share your ideas with us, please go here to our discussion board and leave a comment in the “TCM Inner Circle Information” discussion topic.

Who can join TCM Inner Circle?

TCM Inner Circle is open to people who are 18 and over and live in the USA. We are looking for people who have an interest in certain types of television programming. You must also complete the profiling questionnaire in order to join.

What should I do if I have a question that was not addressed on this page?

If you have a question that has not been addressed please click here to be redirected to the discussion board where there is a discussion topic on FAQ. You can post your question here and we will reply with an answer to your question as soon as possible. If it is a technical problem support@tcminnercircle.com should be able to answer your question.

I received a notification an hour ago that there was a new survey waiting for me. This one was about various leisures activities I enjoy. I find it interesting how specific the questions are. And after I had selected the activity I most prefer doing, then I was prompted to write about a memory related to it. That was kind of fun, actually!

Not sure how frequency of posting has anything to do with level of interest in TCM programming.  While some of us might not be as "active" as regular posters, it doesn't necessarily follow that we don't have opinions or knowledge that couldn't be utilized by TCM in making programming decisions.  Number of posts shouldn't carry disproportionate weight for this purpose.

I usually don't even bother to sign in to just read posts, since I don't often comment.  Possibly there are many others registered here who enjoy reading but don't feel compelled to post, for whatever reason.  It'll be interesting to see how many posters with less than 1,000 entries get the invite.

• Like 2

I expect more from TCM Inner Circle as time goes on. They are possibly going over the interests of their members to judge what events to present for us to experience together, or maybe they are looking for 'something'. So far, I've filled out two interesting surveys with the opportunity for me to tell TCM how I feel and what I think about what I do and what classic movies, and TV, too, have done to me and for me in the sixty plus years I've been watching. I'm thinking I will enjoy this trip when it gets going.

The only thing is, I think I might have misnamed someone on a survey but I can't go back and see or do it over. I don't want TCMers thinking I'm an idiot. That's reserved for my family.

• Like 1

It seems to be basic market research. The survey I took was identical to others I've taken for other market research firms. They may be using it to try and mold possible future ventures so that they don't grate like everyone's favorite wine club. They also use old tried and true methods of getting you to do marketing work for free by framing it as a "club" for "insiders", so that you feel like you're getting privileged treatment. I get paid $5 a shot for other marketing surveys, but the "Inner Circle" just promises occasional gift drawings of some sort.

I don't mind. I've got the free time to waste. But I was perhaps naively hoping for something more from it than just marketing research. We'll see, maybe they'll develop it into something more.

• Like 4

It seems to be basic market research. The survey I took was identical to others I've taken for other market research firms. They may be using it to try and mold possible future ventures so that they don't grate like everyone's favorite wine club. They also use old tried and true methods of getting you to do marketing work for free by framing it as a "club" for "insiders", so that you feel like you're getting privileged treatment. I get paid $5 a shot for other marketing surveys, but the "Inner Circle" just promises occasional gift drawings of some sort.

I don't mind. I've got the free time to waste. But I was perhaps naively hoping for something more from it than just marketing research. We'll see, maybe they'll develop it into something more.

I have a feeling they will develop it into more.

The survey I completed earlier about leisure activities ended with a recap of responses. Apparently, only 19% of the respondents said TV was their favourite activity, while less than 5% indicated they preferred being on their computer. Those seemed like low percentages, because most everyone watches TCM on a television or computer. So once we find out how many people watch a lot of television or movies on their computer, is the goal of the Inner Circle to connect people who share common interests or do some of the same things? That's potentially where it could develop into something different, unless I am assuming too much.

Some sort of Community, perhaps.

Does "inner Circle" sound like a satanic cult name to anyone else? "Join the inner circle with your blooooood!"

boris-karloff-thriller.jpg

"Oh, my heavthens. Now what would make you think thuch a thing, my dear? Come, and allow me to show you how much fun being a member of this 'Inner Thircle' can be!"

• Like 2