Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I received a notification an hour ago that there was a new survey waiting for me. This one was about various leisures activities I enjoy. I find it interesting how specific the questions are. And after I had selected the activity I most prefer doing, then I was prompted to write about a memory related to it. That was kind of fun, actually!

Did they ask if you like to drink wine?

I don't believe that TCM is inviting certain posters...

If they were, what a great way to skew the statistics!

Here is more info:

What is TCM Inner Circle?

TCM Inner Circle is a place for fans of TCM to share their thoughts and recommendations with us. Members will have a unique opportunity to interact with others and share their opinions. Members are also asked to periodically complete surveys that will help to shape the future direction of TCM.

Why should I join TCM Inner Circle?

By joining TCM Inner Circle you will have the opportunity to comment on classic films, stars, TCM programming and events and have the opportunity to interact with other passionate fans. For your time and opinions you will have the chance to win a prize for each survey you complete and every post you make to the discussion board. The drawings are held quarterly, plus you qualify every quarter regardless if you have already won.

Will you be able to tell who specifically has given answers to the questions?

No, as stated in our Privacy Policy found on the home page tcminnercircle.com your answers are kept confidential.

What will the information gathered in the studies be used for?

We will use the information to better understand the needs and challenges that face the Entertainment industry today. We want to know what we can do to offer superior value and entertainment. Your feedback will help to determine the future direction of TCM. Your information will be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Please click here to view the Privacy Policy.

Will I get to see the results of the different surveys?

Periodically we will be publishing the insights that we gain from the research we are working on. Please come back and visit tcminnercircle.com often to share in what we have learned.

If I want to leave TCM Inner Circle, how do I do this?

Included on each invitation that we send you is a link to unsubscribe. Use that link to discontinue your participation in TCM Inner Circle.

Who do I contact if I need help with completing the survey?

To get help while filling out a survey please feel free to send an email to support@tcminnercircle.com. We are committed to getting back to you within 24 business hours. If you do leave a survey to seek help, don’t worry, when you come back you will be put back at the question you left at.

How do I learn more about TCM?

You can visit tcm.com to learn more about the network. Also, you can find information about Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. at Turner.com.

What new things can I expect from TCM Inner Circle in the future?

We are constantly working to improve this experience by having current polls and surveys as well as providing a discussion board for viewers to interact with one another. If you have any suggestions on ways to improve TCM Inner Circle please let us know by joining the discussion “TCM Inner Circle Information.”

Does my opinion really matter to the people in charge?

Absolutely! We at TCM Inner Circle want to know what you think. We consider your opinions when we make decisions about the future programming on TCM. We want the viewers to have a say on what they watch and TCM Inner Circle is an excellent way for you to have your opinions heard.

Is there an incentive to participate in TCM Inner Circle?

Yes, each survey you complete and every post you make on the discussion board will earn you entries into our quarterly drawing. You will have the chance to win a prize. Please click here to read the Sweepstakes Official Rules and Regulations.

How will I know when there are activities for me in TCM Inner Circle?

You will receive an email notification when you have a survey or other activities available for you. The email will provide a link to the activity and will provide instructions on how to get to the survey. There will also be a closing date for the survey listed in the email to inform you of how long you have to take the survey.

How often will I be asked to participate in a survey study?

We make every effort to keep our members active however the frequency of surveys will greatly depend on projects that we are working on and what we need feedback on. We do have an ongoing discussion board where you can interact with other fans and share your opinions about TCM even if we have not had a recent survey. The comments you make on the discussion boards are also monitored and used to supplement the information provided in the surveys. So you can always share your thoughts with the people in charge of TCM.

How can I update my email address, username, or password?

You can login to your membership account at TCM Inner Circle. There is an update link in the upper right hand corner where you can edit all of your information.

I have some ideas about how to make TCM Inner Circle better. How do I share those ideas with you?

We love to hear your feedback on the community. In order to share your ideas with us, please go here to our discussion board and leave a comment in the “TCM Inner Circle Information” discussion topic.

Who can join TCM Inner Circle?

TCM Inner Circle is open to people who are 18 and over and live in the USA. We are looking for people who have an interest in certain types of television programming. You must also complete the profiling questionnaire in order to join.

What should I do if I have a question that was not addressed on this page?

If you have a question that has not been addressed please click here to be redirected to the discussion board where there is a discussion topic on FAQ. You can post your question here and we will reply with an answer to your question as soon as possible. If it is a technical problem support@tcminnercircle.com should be able to answer your question.

You have to live in the USA? Miss W., Darkblue, Tom, and others. what do you think about that?

You have to live in the USA? Miss W., Darkblue, Tom, and others. what do you think about that?

I noticed that too. But maybe they have plans to do something else with Canadian viewers. I am sure there's a reason they have had to separate it in such a way.

I expect more from TCM Inner Circle as time goes on. They are possibly going over the interests of their members to judge what events to present for us to experience together, or maybe they are looking for 'something'. So far, I've filled out two interesting surveys with the opportunity for me to tell TCM how I feel and what I think about what I do and what classic movies, and TV, too, have done to me and for me in the sixty plus years I've been watching. I'm thinking I will enjoy this trip when it gets going.

Yeah, I'd say that's the right attitude about it. It does require a bit of time to complete the surveys but they are scattered out, maybe two or three per week. 

I'm curious to see what their newsletter will be like and how it might reflect survey responses.

Not much. Thanks for pointing that out, fi.

It's always the same. Canadians are not quite "real members" here, at least, sometimes I feel that way. Never mind all that "No rights to air in Canada" business, ok, I believe that's not TCM's fault.

But, if you live in Canada and are a TCM fan who wants to join these boards, it's very difficult. The registration form does not allow for Canadian addresses. I can't even remember how I did it now.

The "Inner Circle" sounds like something from that strange "Left Behind" series; perhaps those belonging to it will be raptured up, maybe while watching "Heaven Can't Wait".

• Like 4

Anybody heard of this?  Supposedly some kind of TCM advisory group.

I received an e-mail asking me if I wanted to join about a month ago.    I did.   There are surveys about lifestyle choices and of course movies. (e.g.  favorite genre,  etc...).      I don't know how many folks there are in this so called circle or what the criteria is for getting an invite.

I've received a few of these "inner circle" invites in my junk mail during the last couple of months or so. 

I looked at a couple of them but so far I've declined joining. 

Part of the reason is that I'm really perturbed that TCM can't bother to reply to a single one of the numerous emails that I've sent them the last year concerning queries (primarily about technical issues with their dysfunctional WATCH TCM app),  

What's worse is NO ONE on the 

PROBLEMS WITH TCM.COM

Board has received ANY RESPONSE from ANYONE at TCM either. 

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/forum/75-problems-with-tcmcom/ 

So now they have this little marketing device and they evidently ask a lot of semi personal questions, and "promise" to not sell or "share" your information..... 

Perhaps the ghost of Fred is upon me, but for some reason I'm not buying into it. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, if TCM actually had a responsive 'support 'staff' at their 

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/contactus/

or actually provided some kind of "support" at their

TCM Support Center

Contact Us

Submit an email to one of our service representatives.

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

I just might feel a little different about it. 

But, Sadly, NO ONE (that I know of) has EVER had a TCM "service representative" respond to any email or phone call when querying TCM about anything.... Even hard copy "snail mail" has not been responded to. 

If anyone here (aside from those who say they actually spoke to someone about it while on a TCM cruise) can share otherwise, please speak up! 

I'd really like to know if there is some exception... to what has been mine, and numerous others' experience?

Any way, I'm pretty soured about this TCM "inner circle" thing. 

If TCM really wants to improve things, they should start by rectifying the non-responsive issues to their loyal viewers experiencing problems right on these boards. 

They could start by actually reading and answering the people with  

Technical Issues

here:

PROBLEMS with TCM.com

They don't need an "inner circle" for that! 

Just some "old fashioned" courteous customer support. 

Because that is exactly what we all are, customers. We ALL pay for the privilege to watch TCM. 

TCM has provided us these boards so we can  b i t c h  to each other about issues (both big and small... ) but aside from that (with the exception of sometimes 'helpful' "moderation")  TCM has maintained a laissez faire attitude toward us and our TCM related concerns. 

Before I join anything more "TCM" I want TCM to show that they actually are "listening" to us by responding to their own "CONTACT US" email queries. And when someone takes the time and trouble to call or write them, IMHO they deserve a courteous response!  Without going through some hokey "inner circle." 

Just my opinion! 

• Like 4

I've received a few of these "inner circle" invites in my junk mail during the last couple of months or so. 

Part of the reason is that I'm really perturbed that TCM can't bother to reply to a single one of the numerous emails that I've sent them the last year concerning queries (primarily about technical issues with their dysfunctional WATCH TCM app),  

PROBLEMS WITH TCM.COM

So now they have this little marketing device and they evidently ask a lot of semi personal questions, and "promise" to not sell or "share" your information..... 

Perhaps the ghost of Fred is upon me, but for some reason I'm not buying into it. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, if TCM actually had a responsive 'support 'staff' at their 

TCM Support Center

Contact Us

But, Sadly, NO ONE (that I know of) has EVER had a TCM "service representative" respond to any email or phone call when querying TCM about anything.... Even hard copy "snail mail" has not been responded to. 

If anyone here (aside from those who say they actually spoke to someone about it while on a TCM cruise) can share otherwise, please speak up! 

I'd really like to know if there is some exception... to what has been mine, and numerous others' experience?

If TCM really wants to improve things, they should start by rectifying the non-responsive issues to their loyal viewers experiencing problems right on these boards. 

Technical Issues

here:

PROBLEMS with TCM.com

Because that is exactly what we all are, customers. We ALL pay for the privilege to watch TCM. 

TCM has provided us these boards so we can  b i t c h  to each other about issues (both big and small... ) but aside from that (with the exception of sometimes 'helpful' "moderation")  TCM has maintained a laissez faire attitude toward us and our TCM related concerns. 

Before I join anything more "TCM" I want TCM to show that they actually are "listening" to us by responding to their own "CONTACT US" email queries. And when someone takes the time and trouble to call or write them, IMHO they deserve a courteous response!  Without going through some hokey "inner circle." 

Just my opinion! 

tcm is only interested in hawking vino anyway. :lol:

Do you guys think that this might just be the Spam Fairies trying a different approach?  I know they seem to have been extraordinarily busy lately -- more so than their usual hurly-burlying.  

Just wondering aloud, I guess.

Brian

PROBLEMS WITH TCM.COM

TCM Support Center

Contact Us

Technical Issues

here:

PROBLEMS with TCM.com

Just my opinion! 

Profiling for prizes ruse - email junk folder. :wacko: 

Future of TCM?

Drop the annoying TCM watermarks which disrespectfully tarnish artists' content like ghetto graffiti and allow viewers unrestricted direct access the TCM library in a manner which allows viewers to watch what they want, when they want on their televisions and mobile devices…simple game.  B) 

Do you guys think that this might just be the Spam Fairies trying a different approach?  I know they seem to have been extraordinarily busy lately -- more so than their usual hurly-burlying.  

Just wondering aloud, I guess.

Brian

Well, I gotta admit I DID become a little suspicious myself after that one sign-up membership question it asked about if you'd be interested in making a nice little short-term profit by sending money to some Nigerian prince while he's a little short of funds!

(...yep, somehow that triggered a red flag in MY mind, anyway)

;)

• Like 2

Is it actually a project of and sanctioned by TCM?

Yes, but it appears to simply be market research. Surveys about current and possible future content, helpfully (for them) broken down into demographics by your initial entrance questionnaire. Now they can find out what Hispanic homosexual women between the ages of 25-35 that make $50k+ a year and live in the Pacific northwest region want to buy from TCM.

And all of those descriptors are used in the questionnaire: race, sexual preference, gender, age, income, where you live...and I wouldn't be too sure that all of this additional info is then not sold to third-party data brokers as an additional revenue stream. SOP with this kind of thing.

• Like 5

Yes, but it appears to simply be market research. Surveys about current and possible future content, helpfully (for them) broken down into demographics by your initial entrance questionnaire. Now they can find out what Hispanic homosexual women between the ages of 25-35 that make $50k+ a year and live in the Pacific northwest region want to buy from TCM.

And all of those descriptors are used in the questionnaire: race, sexual preference, gender, age, income, where you live...and I wouldn't be too sure that all of this additional info is then not sold to third-party data brokers as an additional revenue stream. SOP with this kind of thing.

Maybe this is a way for them to save money, because then they do not have to pay for information from the Nielsen company or other outside groups about their viewing audience. And it seems clear that before they began the Inner Circle, they did not feel they knew enough about who watches TCM. So if completing the surveys helps them, and people are willing to do the surveys, it seems like legitimate research.

Not much. Thanks for pointing that out, fi.

It's always the same. Canadians are not quite "real members" here, at least, sometimes I feel that way. Never mind all that "No rights to air in Canada" business, ok, I believe that's not TCM's fault.

But, if you live in Canada and are a TCM fan who wants to join these boards, it's very difficult. The registration form does not allow for Canadian addresses. I can't even remember how I did it now.

The "Inner Circle" sounds like something from that strange "Left Behind" series; perhaps those belonging to it will be raptured up, maybe while watching "Heaven Can't Wait".

Let's start our own inner circle, which will be more "in" than their inner circle.

• Like 3

Let's start our own inner circle, which will be more "in" than their inner circle.

It's nice that Canadians have many/most of the benefits of American TCM, due to proximity. Rather than kvetching about the occasional benefits they don't have, they should just be grateful for what they do have!  (In other words, I'm bored by Canadian kvetching.)  :)

FYI:

From the Turner "Inner Circle" Privacy Policy:

We may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties whose practices are not covered by this privacy statement (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you.

• Like 4