Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of movie

issy

About 35 to 40 years ago I enjoyed a movie (rerun on TV) which took place at Christmas time. A Hobo spent winters in a mansion, I believe in New York, where the owners "went south" for the winter. He entered through a loose board in the fence and was careful to keep the place clean so his presence would not be detected by the owners when they returned. The owners daughter unexpectedly came home one winter to nurse "wounds" of some sort, without her parents knowledge. The Hobo, not knowing she was the owner, felt sorry for her and let her stay with him. And then it started, as one after another "stray" was gathered in as the winter progressed. As the time approached to leave, the Hobo was worried about the state of the mansion and the food that had been consumed.

Everyone pitched in to restore the home. The daughter never told the Hobo who she was but was careful to ensure the "fence" was never fixed so he could make use of the mansion for as long as needed. If you could help with a title and how I can obtain a copy of this please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It Happened on 5th Avenue on DVD

This is available on DVD from http://www.freemoviesondvd.com/ for $9.

I have nothing to do with the company, but I bought a copy, and although the video quality is very poor (appears to be a transfer from a VHS copied directly from a TV broadcast), at least I can now appreciate a wonderful movie I had never seen before.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Fred Goodwin

San Antonio, TX