Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not the best 50's sci-fi but...

LarryDarrow52

I still liked them.

Maybe someone can help me...

there was one where some people lived underground and there were...like...caveman mutants who lived above ground and would attack them when they came out. It was either in the future on earth or some spacemen crashed on another planet and found this situation. Sorry for being so vague.

All I really remember was these cave people (they may have had more or less eyes than normal humans) coming from atop the hills to attack. There may have even been one scene where their leader fights one of the stars one on one in a kind of duel. The other people looked normal and lived in underground structures. They may even been dying out. I don't know.

I'm babbling now. Anyone remember this at all?

• 5 weeks later...

I know this sounds crazy, but did the movie have a space crew that landed and shrunk, before being taken underground? There was a girl who could not speak. That's vague too, I think it must have been a different movie, but your sounds familar

I know the one you mean - they showed it on MST3000. The astronauts landed on a comet and shrank. Francis X. Bushman was in it, no? Anyone know the title of that one?

Larry:

I would check out World Without End as a close match to your description. Hugh Marlowe is the earthling who enters into (& wins!) a hand-to-hand contest with a mutant,& Aussie male starlet Rod Taylor has a prominent supporting part.Like Planet of the Apes, we are(maybe for the 1st time) on Future Earth. Thanks a lot, you damn dirty apes.....

• 4 weeks later...

> Larry:

> I would check out World Without End as a close match

> to your description. Hugh Marlowe is the earthling

> who enters into (& wins!) a hand-to-hand contest with

> a mutant,& Aussie male starlet Rod Taylor has a

> prominent supporting part.Like Planet of the Apes, we

> are(maybe for the 1st time) on Future Earth. Thanks a

> lot, you damn dirty apes.....

Ha! Ha! Thanks, bunky. I'm sure that's it.

Something funny is going on. I did get some answers to this question when I originally asked it, but they've disappeared (deleted). Hmmm...maybe this should go under 'Mystery'.

I looked up Maltin's blurb on World Without End and he actually says it was pretty good sci-fi. Maybe my taste isn't so bad. lol!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

another movie it might be though is 'The Time Travellers'. Takes place in the future. There are people from our period who arrive where they are. Their city is underground, and are attacked by mutants from the surface who are trying to get down into an h bomb crater where the survivors are building a starship. The stars all wind up fighting the mutants.

Archived