Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The rule-of-thumb is quite simple: when one's irony, optimism and, most importantly, curiosity is gone, so is one's youth. Consequently, some of the oldest people I've ever met are the youngest, physically.

There are those, elsewhere on this site, who've just taken to critcizing the puns and plays-on-words I like to insert into my postings' title bars. They don't seem to realize how this betrays their advanced age.

> The rule-of-thumb is quite simple: when one's irony,

> optimism and, most importantly, curiosity is

> gone, so is one's youth. Consequently, some of the

> oldest people I've ever met are the youngest,

> physically.

>

> There are those, elsewhere on this site, who've just

> taken to critcizing the puns and plays-on-words I

> like to insert into my postings' title bars. They

> don't seem to realize how this betrays their

> advanced age.

Ahhh. Well put, my friend.

I have a similar opinion of what what keeps someone earnest for life (young - in your words). I quite agree.

I am 24 years old and I am a dedicated classic movie fan. I am considered cool and I guess trendy to others my age and have countless opportunities to hook up with attractive girls my age. In other words, I am not hurting socially. ;-)

I do not consider myself an outcast in any way because I am a classic movie fan. In fact, I take great pride in being a classic movie fan and I am proud to proclaim my love for them.

I think that the expression in classic film had superior depth and overall quality and originality than anything Hollywood has released for at least the last 40 years. I will continue to re-watch my favorites like Portrait of Jennie, Primrose Path, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte, and rediscover other greats of all time!

Long live the classics

I'm an oldie now (52), but I remember watching

these old B&W 1940's movies even as a 5 or 6 year

old. They came on in the mornings when I was

growing

up and they were old then. Something just

fascinated

me about them.

>I'm 52, but am not the least bit old.

>What's the matter with you?

Alas and alack, CineSage jr...I agree, but the 14 and

18 yr olds here certainly will not. We are the older

generation - like it or not. And it bothers me not in

the least. Each age has something wonderful to offer.

I have wisdom now, I would have died for then.

NOT TRUE!!! I don't think 52 is old! Infact, I don't believe in "being old". Sure, you may age physically but I believe you aren't truly old unless you tell yourself you are. If live with an outlook of youth and vibrancy you will die young.

Ahh, thanks YoungMiss. And you are correct.

The other side of that coin is that some people are trying to act/look an age they clearly are not any longer. It's a tad sad to see. Be happy with each stage of life. They all have something special to offer, if you're willing to see it.

I certainly was not short changed in having my fun during my formative years. And I've maintained a little silliness and a genuine sense of wonder as I've grown through the many stages that life tries to bring you through - if you're paying attention. It helps to have a sense of humor along for the ride with you as you make the journey.

But there is something to be said for maturity as well. Maybe the question is more about maturity and/or the lack of it. Anyway, enjoy your life, and as much as possible, the lives of those around you.

Absorb the 'sensibilities of life' that the classics uniquely divulge.

Whoa. Didn't really mean to wax philosophical. I better go watch a Popeye cartoon, my maturity is catching up with me!

Peace.

hey! i am almost 24 and i love classic movies. i consider myself young still, so it's nice to talk to people closer to my age. it's awesome that you started a classic movie club. i would've joined when i was in school. kudos!