Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Silent Sunday Nights Introduction

RogerRmjet

Allow me to help, here is the text of your reply Coffee Dan:

"Well, after a lot of double and triple-checking, as well as help from Nick and l olmsted, I've finally identified all of the clips in the Silent Sunday Nights intro, plus the actors and actresses involved! They are, in order: OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS FLESH AND THE DEVIL (John Gilbert and Greta Garbo) THE BIG PARADE (John Gilbert and Renee Adoree) THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE (Rudolph Valentino) GREED (Zasu Pitts) NOAH'S ARK (George O'Brien) THE CROWD (Eleanor Boardman) OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS (Joan Crawford) THE CROWD (James Murray) SHOW PEOPLE (Marion Davies and Dell Henderson) THE KISS (Greta Garbo) THE CAMERAMAN (Buster Keaton) THE WIND (Lillian Gish) GREED (Zasu Pitts and Gibson Gowland) THE WIND It's interesting to note that all of these films are MGM releases, except NOAH'S ARK (Warner Brothers) and FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE (Metro Corporation, pre-MGM). Also that John Gilbert, Greta Garbo, and Zasu Pitts each turn up twice, looking very different each time. All in all, I still think the intro is a grand reflection of what Gloria Swanson said in SUNSET BOULEVARD: 'We didn't need dialogue -- we had faces then.'"

Thanks Dan, for pointing out the answer!

I knew it must be on these boards somewhere, and also that nickdimeo (who unfortunately no longer participates) had something to do with it, but couldn't find it when I'd searched for it earlier. Thanks, coffeedan!