Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazon Firestick App for TCM?

I installed the TCM app for my wife on her ipad and she loves it.  She wanted to watch it on our TV, so my son purchased an Amazon Firestick with the understanding that TCM had an app for it.  We got it home and looked all over for the app and couldn't find it.  Has TCM created an app for the Firestick.  We looked on the internet and there were a lot of articles about Fire TV having the app, but nothing definite for the firestick.  Thanks

I installed the TCM app for my wife on her ipad and she loves it.  She wanted to watch it on our TV, so my son purchased an Amazon Firestick with the understanding that TCM had an app for it.  We got it home and looked all over for the app and couldn't find it.  Has TCM created an app for the Firestick.  We looked on the internet and there were a lot of articles about Fire TV having the app, but nothing definite for the firestick.  Thanks

You might be able to sideload the WatchTCM app onto the Fire stick, but you'll need to either obtain the app's apk from another Android device that already has it installed, or a PC via an apk downloading site.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2885952/how-to-sideload-apps-onto-amazons-fire-tv.html

I don't possess a Fire device (stick or TV), so I can't confirm that this route will definitely work. 

I have tried casting TCM from a PC window to a Chromecast - it worked, but was very prone to stuttering. This was on a decent network/broadband connection where I've cast other stuff without too many issues, but TBH, I didn't spend very long trying to debug, so YMMV.

Perhaps you already know this, but I thought I should mention that you can use AirPlay on the iPad to 'share' the iPad screen on the TV if you have an AppleTV device (either 3rd or 4th generation version).  I realize this is probably not an optimal solution for you.

I think many of us are hoping that TCM will produce an app for the 4th gen AppleTV that has similar capabilities to the iPad/iPhone app and allow direct streaming from TCM to the AppleTV without using AirPlay.

• 1 year later...

You can search "channels" in your firestick to find "Watch TCM" which is easily downloaded. The app works perfectly except for the "watch" button. It says "An error occurred". I am still trying to find a workaround.

http://www.aftvnews.com/turner-classic-movies-app-arrives-on-the-amazon-fire-tv/

This page seems to illustrate what we're all experiencing. Our problem is universal with no workaround yet. (Pay, pay, PAY!)