Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the name of this film?

dimples

I have been searching for a black and white film about the earth becoming over populated and a block of land is awarded to a couple. I think the piece of property was in Central Park, but I am not sure. I would like to know the name of the film. Sorry this is all the information I remember about the film, but it made an impression on me when I was young. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

I presume you mean the one which ends with (SPOILER ALERT) the family taking possession of their little piece of paradise, with grass and open sky &c, and then we pan around to the chain link fence which surrounds the enclosure and there are hundreds (it looks like) of extras jammed tight against the fence, everywhere you can see, all of them staring into Eden with tormented, envious eyes creepier than a Keane painting. I've never forgotten the image.

Thanks to the 70s, my memory of the 60s is quite hazy in places, but wasn't that a TV drama, rather than a movie? Maybe on one of the anthology series of the 60s? (I don't think it was Twilight Zone or an outright SF series, but rather something a little more mainstream.)

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad someone out there remembers the scene too. It was just as you described it. I wish I could remember if it was a movie or a show, I just would like to see it again to really remember what it was all about. Before the last scene!

Thanks for the only reply I have gotten.