Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Month Dedicated to Paul Newman...

rio142

Hey, anyone out there that wishes TCM would run more movies featuring the lovely and talented Mr. Newman?! Not just an actor of physical beauty, Newman owned the screen. He was able to entertain on a wide scale of acting ability throughout his whole career, exemplified in films such as "Cool Hand Luke," "Hud," and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." In my opinion, Paul Newman has it all, and was overlooked on many occassions for an Oscar. In my heart, however, he will always be the best! Anyone else agree?

I like Paul Newman and I admire his charitable work, but there's something restrained about many of his performances to me--even "The Hustler" and "The Verdict" seemed like self-concious acting to me.

For some reason, I liked him much more in small, later movies, such as "Mr. & Mrs. Bridge", "Blaze", "Nobody's Fool", "Twilight" and the very well done, "Where the Money Is". In these later movies he's not trying to win awards or prove anything, and I think his acting is all the better for it.

Hey, I hope they give him a month celebrating his movies. Maybe I'd change my mind about his earlier work.