Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing my board name

Hello - yes, you can change your display name easily - here are the steps:

1. go to your Member Account page. This is not your control panel for the message boards, but the account information you have with TCM when you signed up. You can get to this by simply going to the home page after you have logged into the message boards, and select the link "account info" in the top right area of the page.

2. You will come to your Account Page that says "Member Services" - select the link "change your personal information"

3. About halfway down the page - you'll see a link near your current display name called "click here to change my display name" - follow the directions, and viola, you will be able to change your name.

PLEASE NOTE: changing your display name means our Message Board software will no longer track your previous posts, so these will not displayed or listed in your control panel once you change your name.

We hope this helps - sorry we didn't get to your answer earlier -

TCM Web

TCMWebAdmin - I actually had done just that but...

The site seems to go whacky when I tried to log on after that. It seems that it was trying to read the old and the new name because it kept up an unending rotating/alternating signal (hard to read what it was saying because it would change back and forth quickly) that just wouldn't stop and wouldn't allow me to post.

I will go back and try it again anyway. Maybe I did something wrong afterall.