Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rayban

Male Beauty In The Movies

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen some of these pictures. Considering how much photographic evidence there appears to have been, isn't it amazing how their obvious status vis-à-vis each other didn't penetrate the consciousness of the public?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DougieB said:

I haven't seen some of these pictures. Considering how much photographic evidence there appears to have been, isn't it amazing how their obvious status vis-à-vis each other didn't penetrate the consciousness of the public?

If two modern day movie stars were shot the same way everyone would think they were gay or just did not care- in 1930's perhaps some people did not see the obviousness of the romance between Grant and Scott

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cesar Vincente- who is one of the visuals highlights of Almodovar's "Pain and Glory" is interviewed by another beautiful Spaniard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently rewatched That Thing You Do!, which was about the fictional band The Wonders, a few nights ago. I had forgotten how beautiful Steve Zahn and Johnathon Schaech were in their prime. The movie also featured Tom Everett Scott and Ethan Embry.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Mantee's  body is on display in "Robinson Crusoe on Mars"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The casting director must have taken a trip to muscle beach😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twenty six year old Robert Foster makes his entrance in "Reflection in a Golden Eye"  no wonder Marlon Brando goes crazy with lust. This is John Huston's original golden glow version of the film which is available in 2 disc blu ray set. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon.com: Posterazzi Aldo Ray 1952 Photo Poster Print, (8 x 10 ...images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUoqZgXd5sDs4jDxLsRnNQFcy4MZ9Jb0KnmfqFu07c38YQdXQB&s

Aldo Ray is not everyone's cup of tea, but he does have something.  His turn with Judy Holliday in The Marrying Kind airs later tonight.

I also learned today that Ray was in the US TV pilot of the UK's Steptoe and Son, under the same title, in 1965.  This pilot did not sell, but would later become the 1970s sitcom Sanford & Son as a vehicle for Redd Foxx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched him in Mysterious Island the other day, fighting off those giant bees. He wore loose-fitting cut-offs for a lot of it and I kept expecting a "wardrobe malfunction". There seems to have been quite a lot of dancing in those clips, especially that spectacular split. Do you know if he had either training or a career as a dancer before movies? He aged well too, which not all the teen idol types did. He looked even better with his face fleshed out a little. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougieB said:

I just watched him in Mysterious Island the other day, fighting off those giant bees. He wore loose-fitting cut-offs for a lot of it and I kept expecting a "wardrobe malfunction". There seems to have been quite a lot of dancing in those clips, especially that spectacular split. Do you know if he had either training or a career as a dancer before movies? He aged well too, which not all the teen idol types did. He looked even better with his face fleshed out a little. 

I only knew him from "Mysterious Island" and did not realized he had such an extensive career.  He must have started out as a dancer because he moves very well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougieB said:

I just watched him in Mysterious Island the other day, fighting off those giant bees. He wore loose-fitting cut-offs for a lot of it and I kept expecting a "wardrobe malfunction". There seems to have been quite a lot of dancing in those clips, especially that spectacular split. Do you know if he had either training or a career as a dancer before movies? He aged well too, which not all the teen idol types did. He looked even better with his face fleshed out a little. 

He originated the role of Riff in West Side Story on Broadway, so he had a dance background.  He was credited as Mickey Calin on Broadway.  His first Broadway credit was in a minor role in The Boy Friend, which also introduced Julie Andrews to the NY stage.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

He originated the role of Riff in West Side Story on Broadway, so he had a dance background.  He was credited as Mickey Calin on Broadway.  His first Broadway credit was in a minor role in The Boy Friend, which also introduced Julie Andrews to the NY stage.

Originating a role in West Side Story is the kind of credit most actor/dancers could only dream about. I'm even more impressed by Mr. Callan now. Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Nolte and Michael Douglas in a scene from "The Streets of San Francisco" - the clip is in German but just enjoy the view...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...