Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favourite Performances from 1929 to present are...

Winner in BOLD

BEST FILM

The Adventures of Robin Hood

Bringing Up Baby

Test Pilot

The Dawn Pilot

Jezebel

Four Daughters

Holiday

BEST ACTOR

Errol Flynn, The Adventures of Robin Hood

Cary Grant, Bringing Up Baby

Cary Grant, Holiday

Clark Gable, Test Pilot

Edward G. Robinson, The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse

BEST ACTRESS

Bette Davis, Jezebel

Katharine Hepburn, Bringing Up Baby

Penny Singleton, Blondie

Lucille Ball, The Affairs of Annabel

Bonita Granville, Nancy Drew: Detective

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Basil Rathbone, The Adventures of Robin Hood

David Niven, The Dawn Patrol

Herbert Mundin, The Adventures of Robin Hood

John Garfield, Four Daughters

Asta, Bringing Up Baby

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Fay Bainter, Jezebel

Una O'Connor, The Adventures of Robin Hood

May Robson, Bringing Up Baby

Priscilla Lane, Four Daughters

Rosalind Russell, Four's a Crowd

BEST CAST

BEST COSTUMES

BEST SOUND 

(This includes Erich Wolfgang Korngold's wonderful score)

BEST FILM THAT WAS ROBBED OF AN OSCAR

FUNNIEST DOG SCENE

TIE 

The pack of guard dogs who chase Errol Flynn off the property twice, in Four's A Crowd.

Asta as "George" in Bringing Up Baby who runs off with Cary Grant's "intercostal clavicle." 

MOST ANNOYING ACTOR

TIE

Patric Knowles in Four's a Crowd

Hugh Herbert in Four's a Crowd

BEST USE OF COLOR IN A BLACK AND WHITE FILM

Bette Davis' red gown in Jezebel

BEST ACROBAT

Cary Grant in Holiday

FUNNIEST LINE:

Cary Grant: "I just went gay all of a sudden!" in Bringing Up Baby

BEST DRESS

Katharine Hepburn's gold lame gown with the almost invisible veil in Bringing Up Baby

MOST HEARTWRENCHING MOMENT

David Niven volunteering for the suicide mission and Errol Flynn sabotages his ability to complete the mission by getting him drunk.  While passed out, Flynn leaves for the mission and sacrifices himself for the good of the squadron in The Dawn Patrol

BEST PUBLICITY SCHEMES

Lucille Ball as actress Annabel Allison who allows herself to be roped into wild publicity stunts plotted and arranged by agent Jack Oakie in The Affairs of Annabel.

• Like 6

Best Actor

Jean Gabin  La Bete Humaine****

Leslie Howard  Pygmalion

Errol Flynn  The Adventures of Robin Hood

James Cagney  Angels with Dirty Faces

Charles Boyer  Algiers

Cary Grant  Bringing Up Baby

Spencer Tracy  Boys Town

Best Actress

Wendy Hiller  Pygmalion****

Bette Davis  Jezebel

Katharine Hepburn  Bringing Up Baby

Margaret Sullavan  The Shopworn Angel

Simone Simon  La Bete Humaine

Margaret Sullavan  Three Comrades

Fay Bainter  White Banners

Best Supporting Actor

Basil Rathbone  The Adventures of Robin Hood****

John Garfield  Four Daughters

Edward Everett Horton  Holiday

Spencer Tracy  Test Pilot

Charles Coburn  Vivacious Lady

Best Supporting Actress

Hattie McDaniel  The Mad Miss Manton****

May Whitty  The Lady Vanishes

Billie Burke  Merrily We Live

Gladys George  Marie Antoinette

Patsy Kelly  Merrily We Live

Best Ensemble

You Can't Take It with You

Best Juvenile Performance

None

• Like 5

Thoughts on the posts since I left for church this morning:

David Niven became a star because of Dawn Patrol.   Once that film was released, he was a movie star.

I think I will go ahead and mention my Juvenile Award today as well as Best Ensemble that I mentioned as I noticed that Lawrence had no winner.  I don't know if it was because he couldn't break a tie, or because he didn't see any favourites.  I had a hard time breaking a tie.

For me, the Juvenile award winner goes to Freddie Bartholomew for various films.

I decided to do this rather than look at a single performance.  Had I done that, I would have chosen one of the cast of Boys Town, as soon as I could decided which was my favourite -which I couldn't. 

I think I will go ahead and mention my Juvenile Award today as well as Best Ensemble that I mentioned as I noticed that Lawrence had no winner.  I don't know if it was because he couldn't break a tie, or because he didn't see any favourites.  I had a hard time breaking a tie.

I didn't find any worth mentioning. I considered Rooney from Boys Town, but I spent 3/4 of the movie wanting to slap him, hard, so I decided against him.

• Like 4

I didn't find any worth mentioning. I considered Rooney from Boys Town, but I spent 3/4 of the movie wanting to slap him, hard, so I decided against him.

:P

Well, I am a fan of other actors in the film, which is why I couldn't choose from that film.  I love Bob Watson, for example...

Here are my choices of the 59 films I've seen from 1938 for…

Best Supporting Actress of 1938

1.  FAY BAINTER (Aunt Belle Massey), Jezebel

2.  GABRIELLE DORZIAT (Mathilde Mollenard), Mollenard

3.  BEULAH BONDI (Rose Elliott), The Sisters

4.  SPRING BYINGTON (Penny Sycamore), You Can't Take It With You

5.  MAY WHITTY (Miss Froy), The Lady Vanishes

6.  MAY ROBSON (Aunt Elizabeth Carlton Random), Bringing Up Baby

7.  BINNIE BARNES (Lady Claire Mere), The Divorce of Lady X

8.  UNA O'CONNOR (Bess), The Adventures of Robin Hood

9.  JEAN CADELL (Mrs. Pearce), Pygmalion

10.  JO ANN SAYERS (Barbara Chanler), Young Dr. Kildare

and ...

JANE BRYAN (Grace Elliott Knivel), The Sisters

MARIE LOHR (Mrs. Higgins), Pygmalion

MARGARET LINDSAY (Amy Bradford Dillard), Jezebel

BEULAH BONDI (Mrs. Morgan), Vivacious Lady

ANITA LOUISE (Helen Elliott Johnson), The Sisters

KARIN KAVLI (Mrs. Wegert), A Woman’s Face

FRANCES DEE (Katherine DeVaucelles), If I Were King

• Like 5

This is another low-turnout year for me. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to wait until after today's showing of The Young in Heart to post my list- hah.

This category was an easy one, though,

Best Synergy

Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne - The Lady Vanishes

bfi-00m-zkz.jpg?itok=32ho3EcQ

• Like 4

In anticipation of this week's 1938 films, I watched or re-watched three films from that year, Boys Town among them. I enjoy Rooney's performance in his earlier scenes when he's playing the kid with attitude. He brings some life to the film, at least. However, in his character's later scenes, after he (predictably) changes, he turns into, literally, the biggest cry baby you could ever hope to not see in the movies. And Rooney's overacting in those scenes I found quite unbearable.

Another film that I saw last week (for the first time) was White Banners. Even though I didn't nominate any of its performances on my list of the year's best, it's a difficult film not to like, reminding me a bit of Four Daughters with its family setting, though not a sweetly sentimental as that film. Claude Rains was a pleasure to watch, as usual, as the easy going father of the family (with Kay Johnson as his wife and Bonita Granville his boy crazy daughter). And Fay Bainter, in  her only Oscar nomination as best actress, was commendable in her understated performance as the homeless stranger who becomes housekeeper and spiritual guide to the family. A lovely, if minor, little drama, one that it's a shame doesn't come on TCM very often.

• Like 3

Another film that I saw last week (for the first time) was White Banners.  And Fay Bainter, in  her only Oscar nomination as best actress, was commendable in her understated performance as the homeless stranger who becomes housekeeper and spiritual guide to the family. A lovely, if minor, little drama, one that it's a shame doesn't come on TCM very often.

I liked that film as well, and Bainter made my list of best actresses. 

• Like 1

This is another low-turnout year for me. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to wait until after today's showing of The Young in Heart to post my list- hah.

This category was an easy one, though,

Best Synergy

Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne - The Lady Vanishes

bfi-00m-zkz.jpg?itok=32ho3EcQ

When deciding who my award for my own Hitchcock category would be that I have already listed in my Hitchcock thread in the favourites, I did not bother to separate the two of them when I listed all my candidates from TLV.  I simply listed them as the British gentlemen interested in cricket....

In anticipation of this week's 1938 films, I watched or re-watched three films from that year, Boys Town among them. I enjoy Rooney's performance in his earlier scenes when he's playing the kid with attitude. He brings some life to the film, at least. However, in his character's later scenes, after he (predictably) changes, he turns into, literally, the biggest cry baby you could ever hope to not see in the movies. And Rooney's overacting in those scenes I found quite unbearable.

Another film that I saw last week (for the first time) was White Banners. Even though I didn't nominate any of its performances on my list of the year's best, it's a difficult film not to like, reminding me a bit of Four Daughters with its family setting, though not a sweetly sentimental as that film. Claude Rains was a pleasure to watch, as usual, as the easy going father of the family (with Kay Johnson as his wife and Bonita Granville his boy crazy daughter). And Fay Bainter, in  her only Oscar nomination as best actress, was commendable in her understated performance as the homeless stranger who becomes housekeeper and spiritual guide to the family. A lovely, if minor, little drama, one that it's a shame doesn't come on TCM very often.

I don't recall ever seeing White Banners so I hope TCM shows this film.    Big fan of Fay Bainter (she always brings a steady presence to a film),  and I love that crazy teen Bonita Granville.  

I don't recall ever seeing White Banners so I hope TCM shows this film.    Big fan of Fay Bainter (she always brings a steady presence to a film),  and I love that crazy teen Bonita Granville.  

I don't know if TCM has ever shown it. I finally saw it on YouTube about 3 or 4 years ago after looking for it for several years prior.

That's the feeling I have watching Mickey Rooney in almost every film of his I've seen.  Usually the only reason I'll watch a film that he's in is because I like his co-stars.  If Rooney is the sole draw to the film, it'll be harder for me to work up the desire to watch the film.  He just irritates me to the very end--and he's not even cute! The least he could do is be attractive to make up for how annoying he is.

• Like 2

bondibeulahbio.jpg

Beulah Bondi (1889-1981).  1938 was a good year for Beulah with her lead role in Of Human Hearts and at least two other notable supporting performances with The Sisters and Vivacious Lady.  She played Jimmy Stewart's mother in four different films over the years.  What a long wonderful career she had.

Speedracer picks Errol Flynn as best actor and THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD as best film? I am shocked, shocked.

1938 film I'd like very much to see: WHITE BANNERS. 1938 film I ought to man up, grit my teeth, and see: BOYS TOWN.

I came close to having a three-way tie for best supporting actress, but settled on the one who had two quite different performances, both very good.

Best Actor of 1938:

Charles Laughton, SIDEWALKS OF LONDON (ST. MARTIN'S LANE)*

Jean Gabin, PORT OF SHADOWS

Jean Gabin, LA BETE HUMAINE

Leslie Howard, PYGMALION

Errol Flynn, THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD

Errol Flynn, FOUR'S A CROWD

Cary Grant, BRINGING UP BABY

Honorable mention: Brian Aherne, MERRILY WE LIVE; Charles Boyer, ALGIERS; Frank Morgan, PARADISE FOR THREE

Best Actress of 1938:

Vivien Leigh, SIDEWALKS OF LONDON (ST. MARTIN'S LANE)*

Bette Davis, JEZEBEL

Wendy Hiller, PYGMALION

Katharine Hepburn, BRINGING UP BABY

Katharine Hepburn, HOLIDAY

Rosalind Russell, FOUR'S A CROWD

Honorable mention: Annabella, SUEZ; Mary Astor, PARADISE FOR THREE; Michele Morgan, PORT OF SHADOWS; Simone Simon, LA BETE HUMAINE; Margaret Sullavan, THE SHOPWORN ANGEL; Margaret Sullavan, THREE COMRADES

Best Supporting Actor of 1938:

David Niven, THE DAWN PATROL*

Michel Simon, PORT OF SHADOWS

Basil Rathbone, THE DAWN PATROL

Edward Everett Horton, HOLIDAY

John Garfield, FOUR DAUGHTERS

Honorable mention: Ralph Bellamy, TRADE WINDS; Robert Morley, MARIE ANTOINETTE; Claude Rains, THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD; Claude Rains, FOUR DAUGHTERS

Best Supporting Actress of 1938:

Fay Bainter, JEZEBEL

Fay Bainter, THE SHINING HOUR

Margaret Sullavan, THE SHINING HOUR

Dame May Whitty, THE LADY VANISHES

Ann Sothern, TRADE WINDS

Binnie Barnes, HOLIDAY

Honorable mention: Binnie Barnes, HOLIDAY; Beulah Bondi, VIVACIOUS LADY; Billie Burke, MERRILY WE LIVE; Gladys George, MARIE ANTOINETTE; Edna May Oliver, PARADISE FOR THREE

• Like 6

1938 - The leading categories are awfully sparse this time. While I enjoyed Edward G. in The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse I admit my enthusiasm was somewhat deflated by the knowledge that that role had been well-played on the stage by Ralph Richardson. It's the kind of part he would be perfection in. I'm jealous.

Actor

Edward G. Robinson - The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse***
Roland Young - Topper Takes a Trip
Michael Redgrave - The Lady Vanishes

Actress

Billie Burke - Merrily We Live***

Billie Burke - Topper Takes a Trip

Katherine Hepburn - Bringing Up Baby
Martha Raye - Give Me a Sailor

Supporting Actor

Ralph Richardson - The Citadel***
Ralph Richardson - The Divorce of Lady X
Ralph Bellamy - Trade Winds
Cesare Romero - My Lucky Star
Clarence Kolb - Merrily We Live
Frank Morgan - The Crowd Roars

Supporting Actress

Ann Sothern - Trade Winds***
Binnie Barnes - The Divorce of Lady X

May Whitty - The Lady Vanishes

• Like 5

Actress:

Kate Hepburn: Bringing Up Baby

Billie Burke: Merrily We Live

Bette Davis: Jezebel

Actor:

Mickey Rooney: Boys Town

Cary Grant: Bringing Up Baby

Supporting Actor:

Lew Ayres: Holiday

*These are the only ones I can think of right now, much to my dismay.*

• Like 3

Fans of The Adventures of Robin Hood, often hailed as one of the most perfect of adventure films, may be interested in some trivia information verified by these two shots from the film.

Do you see that straight object in the air parallel to Basil Rathbone's right arm during his famous duel with Flynn? THAT is his sword which was knocked out of the actor's hand, something still visible in the film for a split second that no one ever notices. The sword is upside down in this first shot, with its handle at the bottom.

c5d30a33-5dfa-4525-9a77-22f565fb2bc4_zps

In this second shot below, about a half second later, the sword is flying higher in the air, with the handle now barely visible.

bf00c70b-1022-4762-bc38-024f9272fc82_zps

Expert split second editing by Ralph Dawson successfully covered up this mistake by Rathbone, and the two actors resumed the duel without any members of the audience being the wiser. Until now, that is. I was able to take a snapshot of these two shots off my DVD of the film onto my computer screen.

A lot of film buffs like to sight boo boos that occur in films, and Robin Hood has its share. This sword moment with Rathbone, however, is one that few, if any, of the buffs ever mention.

• Like 5

1938 UNIQUE CATEGORIES:

Best Performance in a Hitchcock Movie, Male or Female:

Dame Mae Whitty in The Lady Vanishes

Best Swordplay

Errol Flynn in The Adventures of Robin Hood

Best Synergy:

Basil Radford and Nauton Wayne in The Lady Vanishes

Best Movie Star Making Performance By a Previous Non-Star:

David Niven in The Dawn Patrol

Best Animal Performance:

Skippy the dog who is famous for playing Asta in Bringing Up Baby for every scene he is in.

Most Forgettable Musical Of All Time Considering the Cast;

Carefree - the only time I will be mentioning this Astaire/Rogers film.

Best Lionel Barrymore Performance;

Tough call for me among a lot of favourites.  I decided on his performance in You Can't Take it With You.

Best Bette Davis Performance:

Jezebel

Best Combination of two Gangster Actors:

Humphrey Bogart and James Cagney in Angels With Dirty Faces

Bizarro Award:

When Tyrone Power was leant out to do Marie Antoinettte, it was expected that his role would be huge.  Instead, his screen time was the equivalent of a supporting role and he was never loaned out to another studio again.

• Like 4

Fans of The Adventures of Robin Hood, often hailed as one of the most perfect of adventure films, may be interested in some trivia information verified by these two shots from the film.

Do you see that straight object in the air parallel to Basil Rathbone's right arm during his famous duel with Flynn? THAT is his sword which was knocked out of the actor's hand, something still visible in the film for a split second that no one ever notices. The sword is upside down in this first shot, with its handle at the bottom.

c5d30a33-5dfa-4525-9a77-22f565fb2bc4_zps

In this second shot below, about a half second later, the sword is flying higher in the air, with the handle now barely visible.

bf00c70b-1022-4762-bc38-024f9272fc82_zps

Expert split second editing by Ralph Dawson successfully covered up this mistake by Rathbone, and the two actors resumed the duel without any members of the audience being the wiser. Until now, that is. I was able to take a snapshot of these two shots off my DVD of the film onto my computer screen.

A lot of film buffs like to sight boo boos that occur in films, and Robin Hood has its share. This sword moment with Rathbone, however, is one that few, if any, of the buffs ever mention.

I love the scene at the end of the film when Errol Flynn saves Olivia de Havilland.  After his sword fight on the stairs, Flynn threatens the guard in front of Marian's cell with his sword.  It's hilarious because his sword is obviously bent when he holds it up to the guard's neck.

Speedracer picks Errol Flynn as best actor and THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD as best film? I am shocked, shocked.

1938 film I'd like very much to see: WHITE BANNERS. 1938 film I ought to man up, grit my teeth, and see: BOYS TOWN.

I came close to having a three-way tie for best supporting actress, but settled on the one who had two quite different performances, both very good.

Best Actor of 1938:

Charles Laughton, SIDEWALKS OF LONDON (ST. MARTIN'S LANE)*

Jean Gabin, PORT OF SHADOWS

Jean Gabin, LA BETE HUMAINE

Leslie Howard, PYGMALION

Errol Flynn, THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD

Errol Flynn, FOUR'S A CROWD

Cary Grant, BRINGING UP BABY

Honorable mention: Brian Aherne, MERRILY WE LIVE; Charles Boyer, ALGIERS; Frank Morgan, PARADISE FOR THREE

Best Actress of 1938:

Vivien Leigh, SIDEWALKS OF LONDON (ST. MARTIN'S LANE)*

Bette Davis, JEZEBEL

Wendy Hiller, PYGMALION

Katharine Hepburn, BRINGING UP BABY

Katharine Hepburn, HOLIDAY

Rosalind Russell, FOUR'S A CROWD

Honorable mention: Annabella, SUEZ; Mary Astor, PARADISE FOR THREE; Michele Morgan, PORT OF SHADOWS; Simone Simon, LA BETE HUMAINE; Margaret Sullavan, THE SHOPWORN ANGEL; Margaret Sullavan, THREE COMRADES

Best Supporting Actor of 1938:

David Niven, THE DAWN PATROL*

Michel Simon, PORT OF SHADOWS

Basil Rathbone, THE DAWN PATROL

Edward Everett Horton, HOLIDAY

John Garfield, FOUR DAUGHTERS

Honorable mention: Ralph Bellamy, TRADE WINDS; Claude Rains, THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD; Claude Rains, FOUR DAUGHTERS

Best Supporting Actress of 1938:

Fay Bainter, JEZEBEL

Fay Bainter, THE SHINING HOUR

Margaret Sullavan, THE SHINING HOUR

Dame May Whitty, THE LADY VANISHES

Ann Sothern, TRADE WINDS

Binnie Barnes, HOLIDAY

Honorable mention: Binnie Barnes, HOLIDAY; Beulah Bondi, VIVACIOUS LADY; Billie Burke, MERRILY WE LIVE; Edna May Oliver, PARADISE FOR THREE

If I was really crazy, I would have chosen Errol Flynn as the best actor of 1938 with The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Dawn Patrol, Four's a Crowd and The Sisters.  

I contemplated adding the specialty category of "Best mustache-less Errol Flynn performance" for The Sisters... but I didn't want to seem TOO obsessed ;)

• Like 4

Life Imitates Art Award: In TRADE WINDS Joan Bennett goes from platinum blonde to brunette because she's on the lam from a murder rap. She looked so good as a brunette that she remained one for the rest of her career.

We Wuz Robbed Award: To us, the viewing public, because Errol Flynn didn't get the chance to make more screwball comedies.

What Movie Is This, Anyway?: Rosalind Russell plays a tough gal newspaper reporter who has a love-hate relationship with her boss, but she almost marries a less interesting nice guy. Since this is 1938, the answer has to be FOUR'S A CROWD. In a couple of years Howard Hawks will re-fashion THE FRONT PAGE as HIS GIRL FRIDAY, making reporter Hildy Johnson a dame, and casting Rosalind Russell. Gee, where did he ever get that idea?

• Like 4

Life Imitates Art Award: In TRADE WINDS Joan Bennett goes from platinum blonde to brunette because she's on the lam from a murder rap. She looked so good as a brunette that she remained one for the rest of her career.

We Wuz Robbed Award: To us, the viewing public, because Errol Flynn didn't get the chance to make more screwball comedies.

What Movie Is This, Anyway?: Rosalind Russell plays a tough gal newspaper reporter who has a love-hate relationship with her boss, but she almost marries a less interesting nice guy. Since this is 1938, the answer has to be FOUR'S A CROWD. In a couple of years Howard Hawks will re-fashion THE FRONT PAGE as HIS GIRL FRIDAY, making reporter Hildy Johnson a dame, and casting Rosalind Russell. Gee, where did he ever get that idea?

Lol.  I love Four's a Crowd but mostly because of Errol Flynn (duh) and Rosalind Russell.  Patric Knowles out does himself in the annoying department and even Olivia de Havilland is somewhat annoying--at least in the beginning of the film.  Not sure why she (or maybe the director) made her character such a dingbat.  

My favorite scenes:

-When Flynn sneaks around the house with the butter in his robe.

-When Russell and Flynn admit to each other that they like each other.

-When Flynn calls up de Havilland and says: "Wake up you slug! It's your wedding day!"

-When Russell and de Havilland both call Flynn at the same time and he's got to juggle both phone lines at the same time and keep the details of his respective dates with each lady straight.

-When Flynn tells de Havilland that her house is crazy.

-When the dog chews on Flynn's foot as he tries to hide under the bed.

-When the dog bites the Wicked Witch of the West and she tells the dog: "Shame on you." 

-Walter Connelly calling the dogs on Flynn both times.

-The end when Hugh Herbert throws shoes at the wedding car (might be the only tolerable Hugh Herbert moment in film). 

It's interesting to note how many films that Flynn appears in where he's got to make a getaway via the window.

• Like 1

1938 is thrilling for me because my number one movie is my favorite movie screwball, Bringing Up Baby. Also at the top of my list is another lifetime favorite with the same stars, Holiday.

All the other films are so well known, there's no point in mentioning them - - except for St. Martin's Lane. A film that I just saw maybe 20 or 25 years ago and couldn't get out of my mind. But you don't get to see it too often.

I often heard that Tommy Tune was going to do this as a musical on Broadway,but I don't believe he ever did. The musical was called Busker Alley, written by the Sherman Brothers. Tune toured with it but it never opened on Broadway due to a number of unfortunate incidents.

1938-- Best Actress

Ranked by numbers - number one is number one

*1) Katharine Hepburn - - Bringing Up Baby*

2) Katharine Hepburn - - Holiday

3) Bette Davis - - Jezebel

4) Michèle Morgan - - Le Quai des Brumes

5) Norma Shearer - - Marie Antoinette

6) Wendy Hiller - - Pygmalion

7)Tie:

Vivien Leigh - - St Martin's Lane

Margaret Lockwood - - The Lady Vanishes

1938 - - Best Actor

*1)James Cagney - - Angels with Dirty Faces*

2) Jean Gabin--Le Quai des Brumes

3) Spencer Tracy-- Boys Town

4) Cary Grant-- Bringing Up Baby

5) Charles Laughton - - St Martin's Lane

6) Leslie Howard - - Pygmalion

7) Michael Redgrave - - The Lady Vanishes( his first film role)

• Like 5
  • Bogie56 changed the title to Your Favourite Performances from 1929 to present are...