Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favourite Performances from 1929 to present are...

*Announcement*

We will change over to 1939 earlier than planned.  But wait for the starting gun!!  1939 was a very big year for films and I would like to fit in a two-day decade review before moving on to 1940 on Sunday, April 17.  So, don't despair if you were not going to be ready with 1939 until Sunday.  There will still be plenty of time to read your wonderful recommendations. 

We will do the 1930's review starting Friday, April 15.  I will change the header of this thread to announce that poll.  Those that would like to participate please remember to list only one favourite/winner per category, per year.  And clearly mark your preference for the best of the decade with *****.  That way we will see if there is a consensus with any of the yearly performances.  For example...

Best Actor

1930 Emil Jannings, The Blue Angel

1931 Peter Lorre, M****

thru 1939

Best Actress

1930 Greta Garbo, Anna Christie****

1931 Helen Hayes, The Sin of Madelon Claudet

​thru 1939

Sup Actor / Sup Actress / Juvenile

1930 thru 1939

• Like 1

*Announcement*

We will change over to 1939 earlier than planned.  But wait for the starting gun!!  1939 was a very big year for films and I would like to fit in a two-day decade review before moving on to 1940 on Sunday, April 17.  So, don't despair if you were not going to be ready with 1939 until Sunday.  There will still be plenty of time to read your wonderful recommendations. 

We will do the 1930's review starting Friday, April 15.  I will change the header of this thread to announce that poll.  Those that would like to participate please remember to list only one favourite/winner per category, per year.  And clearly mark your preference for the best of the decade with *****.  That way we will see if there is a consensus with any of the yearly performances.  For example...

Best Actor

1930 Emil Jannings, The Blue Angel

1931 Peter Lorre, M****

thru 1939

Best Actress

1930 Greta Garbo, Anna Christie****

1931 Helen Hayes, The Sin of Madelon Claudet

​thru 1939

Sup Actor / Sup Actress / Juvenile

1930 thru 1939

That will be fine by me.  I already wrote out what films I've seen for 1939 so I could get that done long before this big weekend for me.  But are you setting up the poll?

I was going to originally try (?) to take at least a 24 hour if not 48 hour break from online just to see if I could do it, and then check back here for 1939, but if we are starting earlier than Sunday, I won't. 

Just an experiment to see if I really can do it or if it is really a function of not being interested in the hot topics of the day.

My guess is only in terms of out of sight out of mind.  Period.

When it switches over we will be on 1939 until next Thursday, April 14 so don't worry about being away for a few days.  Plenty of time to check in and post and read.

When it switches over we will be on 1939 until next Thursday, April 14 so don't worry about being away for a few days.  Plenty of time to check in and post and read.

Thanks for the pm.  The poll you mentioned I guess was the wrong word.  I thought you meant like the poll Paulll started about the decades.  I see that is not what you meant.

I have the weekends cleared up now as to years.

I found out Tuesday night that my solo is going to include some choreography.  I have to process up the aisle when I am the caller for I Hear the Profit Calling.  In the morning.  Five days notice.

Sigh.

thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers

GPF

For people who have seen Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, where did you find it?

Is it likely to air on TCM anytime soon, or should I look for it via library?

Bluebeard's Eighth Wife is available as a DVD in the Universal Vault Collection. I found it on amazon.

For those unfamiliar with this comedy, here's a review that I did of it on the "I Just Watched" thread in February:

BLUEBEARD'S EIGHTH WIFE (1938). An Ernst Lubitsch comedy, co-scripted by Billy Wilder and Charles Brackett, which has always been generally dismissed by critics and fans alike. Perhaps with the film's reputation as a lesser effort those who sit down to view it will be pleasantly surprised to find it an agreeable affair, anyway.

Gary Cooper plays a seven times married American businessman millionaire who finds that with wife no. 8 (Claudette Colbert) he may have met his match. She has made him agree to a pre nuptial agreement of paying her $100,000 should there be a divorce and then makes him spend much of the marriage unhappy and wishing he hadn't signed that agreement.

While the film is never as funny or clever as the best of Lubitsch, it still has its moments. The film is remembered primarily for the scene in which Colbert and Cooper "meet cute" as they agree to split a pair of pajamas in a department store.

But there are other moments, too, such as the scene in which Cooper, inspired by having just read Taming of the Shrew, bursts out of his room, walks with great macho determination and accompanying soundtrack drum roll down a hallway, enters a room where Colbert stands and slaps her across the face. She responds by slapping him back and Cooper, perplexed by this unexpected turn of events, leaves the room, walks back through that same hallway to his room again and picks up the book to try to figure out what he did wrong.

Like all Lubitsch productions this film has a graceful air of sophistication, with a physical elegance in its sets and photography. Colbert is an old hand at frothy material like this while Cooper, cast against type, plays his role with obvious enthusiasm. (He's a far cry from the Cooper we're used to seeing on screen in the scene in which he plays a piano while singing "Looky, looky, looky, Here comes Cookie" to Claudette). The supporting cast is first rate, all of them deft performers: a young David Niven, Edward Everett Horton and Herman Bing.

English mangling, beer barrel shaped Bing is the unlikeliest of detectives, hired by Cooper to follow his wife to see if she has any lovers. "Don't forget," he tells the millionaire as he is able to leave, "we are a first class firm. You will find that out when you get our bill."

• Like 1

It’s time for 1939.  We will be on 1939 for one week so plenty of time for everyone to respond.  We will do the best of the 1930's starting Thursday, April 14th after I change the thread header.

Here are Oscar’s choices for 1939.  Winners in bold. 

1939 Oscars

Best Actor

Robert Donat, Goodbye, Mr. Chips*  

Clark Gable, Gone With the Wind

Laurence Olivier, Wuthering Heights

Mickey Rooney, Babes In Arms

James Stewart, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Best Actress

Vivien Leigh, Gone With the Wind*  

Bette Davis, Dark Victory

Irene Dunne, Love Affair

Greta Garbo, Ninotchka

Greer Garson, Goodbye, Mr. Chips

Best Supporting Actor

Thomas Mitchell, Stagecoach*  

Brian Aherne, Juarez

Harry Carey, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Brian Donlevy, Beau Geste

Claude Rains, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Best Supporting Actress

Hattie McDaniel, Gone With the Wind*  

Olivia de Havilland, Gone With the Wind

Geraldine Fitzgerald, Wuthering Heights

Edna May Oliver, Drums Along the Mohawk

Maria Ouspenskaya, Love Affair

I will comment on Greer Garson and Brian Aherne’s nominations in the next post.

———————————————————————————————-

In 1939 Judy Garland received a special Oscar statuette for ‘her outstanding performance as a screen juvenile during the past year.’  No particular film was cited but one might hazard a guess.

• Like 1

Leading vs. Supporting Categories…

In 1939, Oscar put Greer Garson in the leading Actress category for Goodbye, Mr. Chips.  IMO this was a supporting performance.  Yes, she had the biggest female part in the film but she was not a co-lead, it wasn’t her story and her screen time was quite limited.  I think this was a case of putting a star in the lead category for promotional sake.

I trust kingrat will not mind my reprinting a portion of his original post from his ‘Lead or Supporting role’ thread:

1939: Brian Aherne as Maximilian probably has more screen time than Paul Muni in the title role of JUAREZ. I would classify this as a lead.

This is a case of one I am just going to have to see again for I already had Aherne in the Supporting category on my list.  To each his or her own.

• Like 1

There are some major 1939 films that I've never seen (Gone With the Wind being the biggest one, I know I know!!) so there may be some glaring omissions.  I'm only going with films that I've seen when it comes to my nominees.

WINNERS IN BOLD

BEST PICTURE

Dodge City

The Wizard of Oz

Dark Victory

Five Came Back

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Only Angels Have Wings

The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex

The Roaring Twenties

The Women

BEST ACTOR

James Cagney, The Roaring Twenties

Errol Flynn, Dodge City

Errol Flynn, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex

James Stewart, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Clark Gable, Idiot's Delight

Cary Grant, Only Angels Have Wings

BEST ACTRESS

Judy Garland, The Wizard of Oz

Bette Davis, Dark Victory

Bette Davis, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex

Jean Arthur, Only Angels Have Wings

Ginger Rogers, Bachelor Mother

Norma Shearer, The Women

Joan Crawford, The Women

Rosalind Russell, The Women

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

C. Aubrey Smith, Five Came Back

Alan Hale, Dodge City

Claude Rains, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Humphrey Bogart, The Roaring Twenties

Frank Morgan, The Wizard of Oz

The unseen men, The Women

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Rita Hayworth, Only Angels Have Wings

Margaret Hamilton, The Wizard of Oz

Lucille Ball, Five Came Back

Priscilla Lane, The Roaring Twenties

Billie Burke, The Wizard of Oz

Paulette Goddard, The Women

Marjorie Main, The Women

BEST SONG AWARD:

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Judy Garland, The Wizard of Oz

BEST DANCE NUMBER AWARD:

"Puttin' on the Ritz," Clark Gable, Idiot's Delight

BEST TIGHTS AWARD: 

Errol Flynn in The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex

BEST QUOTE AWARD:

TIE

Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West: "I'm melting, melting. What a world! What a world!"

Frank Morgan as The Doorman: "Well bust my buttons!" 

-The Wizard of Oz

BEST CATFIGHT AWARD:

Rosalind Russell vs. Paulette Goddard in The Women

THE "GEEZ DID THEY RUN OVER THE CASTING BUDGET?" AWARD:

Frank Morgan as: The Professor, The Wizard, The Doorman, The Cabbie, The Guard and The Doctor, The Wizard of Oz

MOST USELESS CRAP OFFERED AS A "GREAT GIFT" AWARD: 

The junk that the Wizard offers the group when they finally reach Oz.  Really Wizard?! This is the best you got?, The Wizard of Oz

BEST DONALD DUCK CAMEO AWARD:

Donald Duck toys, Bachelor Mother

BIGGEST ETHICAL QUESTION RAISED BY A FILM AWARD:

Glinda giving the ruby slippers to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.  As the next of kin, isn't the Wicked Witch of the West legally entitled to the Wicked Witch of the East's ruby slippers?

WORST ACCENT AWARD:

Humphrey Bogart's attempt at an Irish accent in Dark Victory

WORST VILLIAN AWARD:

Bette Davis as Queen Elizabeth I in The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex.  How could she condemn Errol Flynn to have his pretty head chopped off? You had your chance to reverse your decision Bette!! BOO!! 

• Like 5

While Gregory Peck would not make his debut until the next decade, 1939 is my favourite movie year in terms of a single year regardless of genre, artist, studio etc.

Tonight, I will list my special categories and Juvenile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUVENILE:

Judy Garland for various films.

FAVOURITE HITCHCOCK PERFORMANCE, MALE OR FEMALE:

Maureen O'Hara in Jamaica Inn

*if you are interested in my nominees see my Hitch page

FAVOURITE DEBUT OF 1939:

Maureen O'Hara in The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Jamaica Inn

FAVOURITE SYNERGY:

The cast of Gone With the Wind - my favourite 1939 movie

FAVOURITE COMEBACK:

William Powell in Another Thin Man following the death of Jean Harlow, depression, and a battle with cancer

FAVOURITE ANIMAL PERFORMANCE:

Skippy as Asta in Another Thin Man

FAVOURITE BUDDY ACTING:

Cary Grant, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., and Victor McLaughlin in Gunga Din

BIZARRO AWARD:

That there managed to be  no males in The Women, a favourite of mine, even down to the animals.

MOST LIKELY TO GET THE STAR'S FANS ANGRY AT THE STUDIO AWARD:

When Clark Gable danced in Idiot's delight, his fans were angry to see The King of Hollywood having to dance. 

FAVOURITE ERROL FLYNN PERFORMANCE:

Dodge City

FAVOURITE LAURENCE OLIVIER PERFORMANCE:

Wuthering Heights

MOST ENDEARING AWARD OF AWARD WINNERS:

Robert Donat for Goodbye Mr. Chips.  He would  not live very long as he had health problems all his life.

-____________________________________________________________________________

* could list more, but I won't.

• Like 3

Best Performances of 1939

Best Actor

James Stewart  Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ***

Clark Gable  Gone With the Wind

Henry Fonda  Young Mr. Lincoln

Lon Chaney Jr.  Of Mice and Men

Charles Laughton  The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Robert Donat  Goodbye Mr. Chips

Jean Gabin  Daybreak

Burgess Meredith  Of Mice and Men

James Cagney  The Roaring Twenties

James Stewart  Destry Rides Again

Laurence Olivier  Wuthering Heights

Cary Grant  Gunga Din

Best Actress

Vivien Leigh  Gone With the Wind ***

Bette Davis  Dark Victory

Jean Arthur  Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Marlene Dietrich  Destry Rides Again

Arletty  Daybreak

Merle Oberon  Wuthering Heights

Best Supporting Actor

Claude Rains  Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ***

Edmond O'Brien The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Humphrey Bogart  The Roaring Twenties

Edward Arnold  Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Lionel Atwill  Son of Frankenstein

Cedric Hardwicke  The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Brian Donlevy  Beau Geste

Jules Berry  Daybreak

Charles Bickford  Of Mice and Men

Thomas Mitchell  Only Angels Have Wings

Jean Renoir  The Rules of the Game

Best Supporting Actress

Margaret Hamilton  The Wizard of Oz  ***

Greer Garson  Goodbye Mr. Chips

Olivia De Havilland  Gone With the Wind

Marjorie Main  The Women

Gladys George  The Roaring Twenties

Maria Ousepnskaya  Love Affair

Betty Field  Of Mice and Men

Best Ensemble

Stagecoach

Best Juvenile Performance

Judy Garland  The Wizard of Oz

• Like 5

1939 - - Best Actress:

(Ranked according to number--number one is number one)

*1) Vivien Leigh- - Gone with the Wind*

2) Bette Davis - - Dark Victory

3) Judy Garland - - The Wizard of Oz

4) Greta Garbo - - Ninotchka

5) Jean Arthur - - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

6) Greer Garson - - Goodbye Mr. Chips

7) Ginger Rogers - - The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle

1939 - - Best Actor:

*1) Robert Donat-- Goodbye Mr. Chips*

2) Charles Laughton - - The Hunchback of Notre Dame

3) James Stewart - - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

4) Ray Bolger - - The Wizard of Oz

5) Clark Gable-- Gone with the Wind

6) Basil Rathbone - - The Son of Frankenstein

7) Melvyn Douglas - - Ninotchka

• Like 6

1939 - - Best Actress:

(Ranked according to number--number one is number one)

*1) Vivien Leigh- - Gone with the Wind*

2) Bette Davis - - Dark Victory

3) Judy Garland - - The Wizard of Oz

4) Greta Garbo - - Ninotchka

5) Jean Arthur - - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

6) Greer Garson - - Goodbye Mr. Chips

7) Ginger Rogers - - The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle

1939 - - Best Actor:

*1) Robert Donat-- Goodbye Mr. Chips*

3) James Stewart - - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

4) Ray Bolger - - The Wizard of Oz

5) Clark Gable-- Gone with the Wind

6) Basil Rathbone - - The Son of Frankenstein

7) Melvyn Douglas - - Ninotchka

Hey, Princess.

How many 1939 movies have you seen in the last year or so?  I based my list on 46 movies I have seen recently.  Just wondering.

GPF--

My answer would be closer to I've seen all these movies for the last 46 years. As you watch a movie and do study and research about it, the director, the actors, the set design, the writers, etc, and then let's let us never forget people like Edith Head-- over the decades, you may change your opinion or improve your opinion or lower your opinion.

Of course, lately I've been able to see more movies because of DVDs in the last time 10 years or so.

I would say I've already seen all these movies a number of times, except for the Robert Donat movies which I only recently saw on DVD two or three years ago.

It's important that you review movies that you saw when you were a child or a teenager or in your twenties. Because with maturity and more knowledge of Cinema you might change your opinion. And then again you might not.

• Like 1

GPF--

My answer would be closer to I've seen all these movies for the last 46 years. As you watch a movie and do study and research about it, the director, the actors, the set design, the writers, etc, and then let's let us never forget people like Edith Head-- over the decades, you may change your opinion or improve your opinion or lower your opinion.

Of course, lately I've been able to see more movies because of DVDs in the last time 10 years or so.

I would say I've already seen all these movies a number of times, except for the Robert Donat movies which I only recently saw on DVD two or three years ago.

It's important that you review movies that you saw when you were a child or a teenager or in your twenties. Because with maturity and more knowledge of Cinema you might change your opinion. And then again you might not.

Oh, I agree with you about that.  The reason that I narrowed my list to 46 movie seen recently is that I want to give myself a fighting chance to not be overwhelmed as well as not wanting to bore people with listing every movie I've seen of my favourite actors.  Hence my Hitchcock, Kipling, Peck, Sinatra threads, etc..  I write about them all I want on threads I started and anyone who is bored by me always talking about them can ignore those threads.  As if they say "oh, GregoryPeckfan has mentioned another Peck film..."

Edited by GregoryPeckfan

1939 Best Supporting Actress

*1) Hattie McDaniel - - Gone with the Wind*

2)Tie

-- Margaret Hamilton - - The Wizard of Oz

-- Olivia de Havilland - - Gone with the Wind

3) Marjorie Main - - Another Thin Man

4) Geraldine Fitzgerald - - Dark Victory

5) Edna May Oliver - - The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle

6) Mary Boland- - The Women

1939 Best Supporting Actor

*1) Bela Lugosi - - The Son of Frankenstein*

3) Lionel Atwill - - The Son of Frankenstein

4) Bert Lahr - - The Wizard of Oz

5) Thomas Mitchell - - Gone with the Wind

6) Victor Jory - - Gone with the Wind

7) Victor McLaglen - - Gunga Din

• Like 5

I think you can be objective about that. It doesn't really matter to other people, but I like Fred Astaire and everything he's ever done.

But we still have to be objective and compare him to other actors fairly even if they aren't one of our favorites.

But if one of your favorite actors/actresses has two or three movies the same year and they're excellent--there's no reason not to list them.

1939 Favorites

Best Actor

Brian Aherne (Juarez)
James Cagney (The Roaring Twenties)
Ronald Colman (The Light that Failed)
Laurence Olivier (Wuthering Heights)
Basil Rathbone (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Best Actress

Claudette Colbert (Drums Along the Mohawk)
Bette Davis (Juarez)
Greta Garbo (Ninotchka)
Vivien Leigh (Gone with the Wind)
Merle Oberon (Wuthering Heights)

Best Supporting Actor

Nigel Bruce (The Hound of the Baskervilles)
Dudley Digges (The Light that Failed)
Bert Lahr (The Wizard of Oz)
Thomas Mitchell (Only Angels Have WIngs)
Henry Travers (Stanley and Livingstone)

Best Supporting Actress

Gladys George (The Roaring Twenties)
Ida Lupino (The Light that Failed)
Hattie McDaniel (Gone with the Wind)
Edna May Oliver (Drums Along the Mohawk)
Flora Robson (Wuthering Heights)

Best Ensemble
The Women

Best Juveniles

Ronald Sinclair and Sarita Wooton (The Light that Failed)
Sarita Wooton, Rex Downing, Douglas Scott (Wuthering Heights)

Best musical scenes

“La Paloma,” sung by unidentified singer in Juarez 
 “I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside,” sung by Basil Rathbone in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
 “A Shanty in Old Shanty Town,” sung by Gladys George in The Roaring Twenties
“See What the Boys in the Back Room Will Have,” sung by Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again
“Somewhere Over the Rainbow” sung by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz

• Like 4

I see that I'm late to the 1939 party, and I admire many of the acting selections already made. Often hailed as Hollywood's "greatest year" for movies, 1939 began my favourite three year consecutive period for films. Without doubt, a number of the greatest performances of the movies were in this year, with some actors and actresses giving classic portrayals for which they are largely remembered today.

My selections, once again, are in approximate order of preference.

BEST ACTOR

Charles Laughton, HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME

Robert Donat, GOODBYE MR. CHIPS

James Stewart, MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON

Clark Gable, GONE WITH THE WIND

Brian Aherne, JUAREZ

Honourable Mention: Lionel Barrymore in On Borrowed Time, Cary Grant in Gunga Din, Lon Chaney Jr. in Of Mice and Men, Claude Rains in Daughters Courageous, James Cagney in The Roaring Twenties, James Stewart in Destry Rides Again, Basil Rathbone in Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Henry Fonda in Young Mr. Lincoln, John Barrymore in The Great Man Votes, Spencer Tracy in Stanley and Livingstone.

BEST ACTRESS

Vivien Leigh, GONE WITH THE WIND

Bette Davis, DARK VICTORY

Marlene Dietrich, DESTRY RIDES AGAIN

Greta Garbo, NINOTCHKA

Claudette Colbert, MIDNIGHT

Honourable Mention: Bette Davis in The Old Maid, Jean Arthur in Only Angels Have Wings, Ingrid Bergman in Intermezzo.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Frank Morgan, WIZARD OF OZ

Thomas Mitchell, STAGECOACH

Brian Donlevy, BEAU GESTE

Claude Rains, MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON

Alan Hale, DODGE CITY

Honourable Mention: Bert Lahr in Wizard of Oz, Ray Bolger in Wizard of Oz, Mischa Auer in Destry Rides Again, Roman Bohnen in Of Mice and Men, Henry Fonda in Jesse James, Charles Winninger in Destry Rides Again, Eduardo Ciannelli in Gunga Din, Harry Carey in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, George Zucco in Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Bela Lugosi in Son of Frankenstein.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Rosalind Russell, THE WOMEN

Hattie McDaniel, GONE WITH THE WIND

Margaret Hamilton, WIZARD OF OZ

Greer Garson, GOODBYE MR. CHIPS

Ida Lupino, THE LIGHT THAT FAILED

Honourable Mention: Joan Crawford in The Women, Olivia de Havilland in Gone With the Wind, Edna May Oliver in Drums Along the Mohawk, Gladys George in The Roaring Twenties, Kay Francis in In Name Only.

BEST JUVENILE PERFORMANCE

Judy Garland in Wizard of Oz.

Honourable Mention: Virginia Weidler in The Great Man Votes, Bobs Watson in On Borrowed Time.

BEST SYNERGY

Robert Donat and Greer Garson in Goodbye Mr. Chips.

Honourable Mention: Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. in Gunga Din; Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce in Hound of the Baskervilles and Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

MOST UNFAIRLY CRITICALLY BASHED PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR

Errol Flynn in Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex.

BIZARRO "STAR OF THE FUTURE? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!" AWARD

Humphrey Bogart, Return of Dr. X.

index88_zpswhcqhljs.jpg

• Like 6

Best musical scenes

“I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside,” sung by Basil Rathbone in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Long a great favourite number of mine. Rathbone is so good as this music hall performer that many viewers probably don't even know that it is him. I've always wondered, though, if his voice might be dubbed. Did you ever see Basil have more fun?

• Like 3

Tom, just hazarding a guess but I would say that was Basil himself singing that song.  There seem to be a couple of very small moments where there is a stronger hint of his natural voice.  Good performance.

• Like 1
  • Bogie56 changed the title to Your Favourite Performances from 1929 to present are...