Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"What's my Line?"

DownGoesFrazier

We have discussed that reruns of "What's My Line?" are no longer shown on the Game Show Network. I have discovered that they ARE on Buzzr, another cable game show network, I'll try to find out exactly when they are scheduled.

Never heard of that channel but looked it up and found that I have it. On my onscreen guide, it's called WWORD3 (onscreen logo and online channel lineups for my cable company call it FOX BUZZR). What's My Line is on at 2:30pm, followed by I've Got a Secret. They're on those same times am as well. It's Channel 74 on RCN Cable.

Never heard of that channel but looked it up and found that I have it. On my onscreen guide, it's called WWORD3 (onscreen logo and online channel lineups for my cable company call it FOX BUZZR). What's My Line is on at 2:30pm, followed by I've Got a Secret. They're on those same times am as well. It's Channel 74 on RCN Cable.

2:30 on what days?

DGF, I've noticed that while the Buzzr channel is indeed showing WML again, it seems the package they purchased is a limited one, as unlike back a few years ago when GSN was showing this game show's entire run from the early-'50s through to the late-'60s, the Buzzr showings seem to end and are replayed just before Fred Allen's sudden death.

(...and btw...is it only me, or did Arlene Francis just get better and better looking as the years progressed?)

It is not just you.

I know, huh!

I tell ya Rich, by the time GSN's old showing of the complete and entire run of this program was over and I'd watched 'em all, I have to say I ended up being very infatuated with the wonderfully witty and charming Arlene Francis.

(...what a woman...the complete package!)

DGF, I've noticed that while the Buzzr channel is indeed showing WML again, it seems the package they purchased is a limited one, as unlike back a few years ago when GSN was showing this game show's entire run from the early-'50s through to the late-'60s, the Buzzr showings seem to end and are replayed just before Fred Allen's sudden death.

(...and btw...is it only me, or did Arlene Francis just get better and better looking as the years progressed?)

I had seen a very substantial number of episodes on GSN, but the one I saw Saturday had Audie Murphy as mg, which I had never seen. Cerf, like he frequently did, recognized his voice.

Does anyone with Directv know if it offers this channel? I came across BUZZ, two of them in fact, but they seem to be infomercial channels.

Nope Arturo, I don't believe DirecTV offers Buzzr, nor for that matter any over-the-airwaves broadcast "subchannels" such as MeTV...at least it didn't up to about a year or so ago, and when we switched from DirecTV and to the bundled service we now have with Suddenlink cable service here in AZ, and how I now get Buzzr, MeTV and Movies!.

(...btw, just now after Wiki-ing "Buzzr", I found in L.A. this channel is a substation of KCOP-TV on channel 13.2)

I was so happy to discover What's My Line and I've Got a Secret on GSN a few weeks ago, only to have them vanish.  I saw most of the episodes on GSN years ago when they aired the "Black and White Over Night" block.  Fun to see how creative the stars were in disguising their voices, not to mention just seeing them as themselves.  Fascinating TV.

I highly recommend Lee Israel's biography of Dorothy Killgallen.  I'm surprised no one has made a biopic of her life.  I believe Dominic Dunne wrote about her strange death near the end of his life, but haven't read anything new on her since then.  

• Like 1

I was so happy to discover What's My Line and I've Got a Secret on GSN a few weeks ago, only to have them vanish.  I saw most of the episodes on GSN years ago when they aired the "Black and White Over Night" block.  Fun to see how creative the stars were in disguising their voices, not to mention just seeing them as themselves.  Fascinating TV.

I highly recommend Lee Israel's biography of Dorothy Killgallen.  I'm surprised no one has made a biopic of her life.  I believe Dominic Dunne wrote about her strange death near the end of his life, but haven't read anything new on her since then.  

Maybe they're afraid of repercussions from the Mob.

We have discussed that reruns of "What's My Line?" are no longer shown on the Game Show Network. I have discovered that they ARE on Buzzr, another cable game show network, I'll try to find out exactly when they are scheduled.

"What's My Line" is so  fun to watch. It is like a cornucopia of celebs of the past appearing.

I never have watched full shows just get on Youtube occasionally to see a few.

Thanks for trying to locate more viewing possibilities, DGF.

Speaking of Dorothy Kilkallen, I think it was Jack Paar who said she wore arsenic lipstick!

Oops, just checked it was "novocaine lipstick" not arsenic. Sorry!

I saw today's episode. I always thought that that Cerf was the smartest one on the panel. A guy comes on, and they did not divulge his home town, because they said that would give a clue. I immediately thought "Vegas". The other panelists totally ignored this, but Cerf was thinking the same thing I was........Incidentally, the next guest was William Parker, L.A. Chief of Police, for whom Parker Center is now named. I'm surprised they didn't know who he was. (He was also the consultant for "Dragnet".)

I have Dish. I have GSN and if What's My Line? And I've Got a Secret are no longer airing, that's unfortunate. I'm not sure if I get Buzzz.

I really like the What's My Line with Lucy & Desi. Desi was reduced to basically saying "mmmhmmm" because his accent would give him away immediately. Lucy spoke with a Russian accent. Desi would answer any question that was female oriented and Lucy answered the male ones. They had the panel stumped for quite sometime, because they were thinking that they were only speaking to one person. Finally, I believe it was Arlene Francis that figured out it was both Lucy and Desi.