Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Helping Out Homeless Man Worth More Than Winning Millions

BLOG Submitted by LillGracie–  Jan 8, 2016

So I had $14 in my pocket. I was going to spend $9 in Powerball and Lotto tickets and get myself some lunch.

I walk into the Chinese dollar scoop joint, and there is this dude standing there. He dropped two quarters, and was having a hard time picking them up. I couldn’t tell if he was drunk or high; but it didn’t matter. I picked up the quarters and handed them to him. His face is bruised, his ears are cut and bloody, he’s moving really, really slowly.

He looks at me, says thank you, and then…

Dude: Man I’m hungry. Thanks for getting those quarters. My back hurts, or I would have gotten them myself. I just need a little something to eat. I guess I’ll have an eggroll (while he is counting his change), but I really want a soup. . . Maybe next time.

Me: I’m hungry too! Soup, does sound good huh?

Dude: Yeah. I’ll get an eggroll. Sorry I look so messy; I got beat up.

Me: No sweat at all, dude.

The lady comes to take our orders, and when they ask him what he wants,

Me: “He’ll take a number #3, (because it comes with a soup). He looks at me

Dude: “I don’t even have enough for that. Are you sure?

Me: I didn’t ask you what you have. I asked you what you wanted

They make his food, give him a tray, and he says I’ll be sitting at the table over there, will you eat lunch with me?

If I had more time I probably would have. Maybe more than the food, he just wanted someone to talk to. (Next time.)

Who needs to win Powerball when I struck it rich just helping someone out?

This is my friend Felicidad, an amazing, selfless woman who gives so much to this world in her work, and everyday life. ❤️

• Like 3

This reminded me of the scenes in Groundhog Day (1993) where Phil (Bill Murray) takes it upon himself to help a poor old homeless(?) man on a cold street corner who can barely function. Very poignant.

Child Returns Wallet With Sweet Note ‘You Look Like Nice Person’

by McKinley Corbley - Feb 6, 2016

jZ2aclL.jpg

We all know the heart-stopping anxiety that comes from losing something important. Taylor Sloan felt that after dropping her wallet at a motocross event.

Thinking it was lost forever, she had given up hope until she received this mailed letter with her missing wallet enclosed:

Dear Ms. Sloan,

My name is Nasim Lawrance and I am 10 years old. I found your wallet on the ground at the Super Motocross event in Oakland. I know how it feels to lose something and I wanted to make sure you got your wallet back. Hopefully, I have made you smile and you are happy to have your money and ID back. I am glad I found it instead of some bad person who would steal from you. You look like a very nice person who does nice things for people so I wanted to do something nice for you. Plus it’s the honest thing to do.

Sincerely,

Nasim

Taylor, being a long-time listener of the Sonoma County radio show Froggy 92.9, shared the little boy’s act of kindness on the program and announced that she would soon be writing back to Nasim with a thank you.

• Like 2
Boy Pays Lunch Debts

March 2014 --

A third grader at Challenger Elementary in Howell, Michigan was really sad when a child in the lunch line had to put down his tray of hot food because he didn't have enough money in his account. He was given a cold cheese sandwich but 8-year-old Cayden Taipalus decided to help raise money for the kids who could use a few extra bucks in their lunch account. He called family, friends, neighbors and even took back cans to raise money. When the media found out, strangers donated to his online fundraising page and has this week raised $14,000 to help thousands of Livingston County students. UPDATE: Mar 7 - His fund has now raised $25,000.

• Like 1
Soldier buys 2 hungry brothers Taco Bell, and they're forever grateful

Alexandra Zaslow

TODAY News

Jan. 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Lt. Robert Risdon is familiar with the feeling of being cold, wet and hungry from his time serving in the Army.

As head coach of the Columbus Lions, Fort Benning's football team in Columbus, Georgia, Risdon and his co-coach Jason Gibson went to Mobile, Alabama, to observe players practicing for the Senior Bowl on Saturday.

On their way back to Columbus, where they're from, they stopped at a Taco Bell in Greenville, Alabama, to get a bite to eat and escape the storm. There they met two brothers, who approached their table asking if they'd like to buy some homemade baked goods to support their church.

When the coaches said they didn't have any cash, Risdon asked if the boys would like something to eat, which made their faces immediately light up.

"They looked like they hadn't eaten a meal in weeks and had been out in the rain selling their stuff for a while," Risdon told TODAY.com. "I can't even count the number of times I was cold, wet and hungry in the Army. To sit in warmth and eat some tacos is a big victory for them."

After ordering five tacos each, which Gibson captured on video, they sat down at a nearby table.

See Video: HERE 

"They both ate their first taco in under a minute," Jason Gibson told TODAY.com. "I've never seen anyone devour food that quickly before."

The coaches were blown away by how respectful they were.

"Everything was 'yes sir, no sir,'" Gibson said. "Whoever is raising them is doing a great job."

According to the men, the youngest brother, B J , 9, recognized Risdon's uniform and told him how much he looks up to him and wants to be just like him when he grows up. He said he loves what Risdon does for our country and kept saluting him.

"He was saluting me with his left hand while holding a taco in his right, which is the proper hand to use," Risdon said. "So I made him put down the taco and taught him the proper way to salute, which will come in handy if he actually grows up to be a soldier."

The boys put Risdon on the phone with their grandfather to prove that he paid for their food and they didn't use the money they were raising for their church.

"My kids were running through my mind the whole time," Risdon said. "The thought of my kids in their situation broke my heart, so it made me react and want to help the boys out and the least I could do was buy them some tacos."

Before parting ways, Gibson told them to make sure they paid it forward and they promised him they would.

Cop Buys Homeless Woman Groceries

And Books Her A Hotel Room To Stay Warm During Storm

February 8, 2016

As a winter storm bears down on New England, one woman has a warm place to stay thanks to the help of a Seekonk, Mass., police officer.

The Seekonk Police Department shared this post on their Facebook page Sunday night about the generous actions of Officer Perry:

5vEl1Lw.jpg

The post reads: "After coming to the aid of a woman in distress tonight, Officer Perry discovered that the woman was homeless and hadn't eaten in quite some time. He then took it upon himself to buy her some groceries and helped her get to a hotel room to ride out the snow storm. Officer Perry epitomizes the meaning of Public Service. ‪#‎classact‬"

• Like 1
              This Photo Of A Postman Standing In The Rain Is Going Viral

For All The Right Reasons

Dateline Pensacola, Florida

February 10, 2016

A photo of a Pensacola postal worker who stopped for a funeral procession is going viral, but it's in the condition he stopped in that is touching people's hearts.

EtGuGWb.jpg

Carole Chase-Draughan, the daughter of the WWII veteran who the funeral was for, snapped the photo as they passed by.

Carole shared the touching moment on a local news Facebook page saying, "Whoever this wonderfully patriotic postman is, I would love to just thank him for his respect, during the steady rain on Wednesday afternoon as the funeral motorcade for my WWII Veteran father passed him. This is what Respect looks like!"

The post was shared more than 25,000 times which helped identify Glenn Corbett as the USPS letter carrier in the photo.

Carole thanked him in a comment: "Thank you Glenn Corbett, from the bottom of my heart...The respect you displayed at my Daddy's funeral procession truly touched my heart."

Another Facebook user wrote, "It's the south. We pull over out of respect. Respect for grieving loved ones. Respect for the deceased. Respect for the injured and ill. Respect for firemen, policeman, and first responders. ALWAYS pull over for funerals, law enforcement, fire trucks, and ambulances. Awesome show of respect Mr. Postman. Thank you!"

• Like 2
Lava Mae: Creating Showers on Wheels for the Homeless

November 14, 2013

By CATERINA ANDREANO via WORLD NEWS

uE5CnV9.jpg

San Francisco, unofficially dubbed one of the homeless capitals of the U.S., counts nearly 6,500 homeless people in 2013, according to recent city numbers, with 4,300 people living on the street.

Among the many problems the homeless face is little or no access to showers. San Francisco only has about 16 to 20 shower stalls to accommodate them.

But Doniece Sandoval has made it her mission to change that.

"Homelessness is something you can't really miss in San Francisco," the 51-year-old former marketing executive told ABC News.

She started Lava Mae, a sort of showers on wheels, a new project that aims to turn decommissioned city buses into shower stations for the homeless.

"One day I passed a woman in the street and she was very dirty and basically crying, and I heard her say that she would never be clean. There's obviously a lot of layers to that but I was wondering what her opportunities were to actually get clean," Sandoval said.

She also said the gentrification of her San Francisco neighborhood had pushed people, including her neighbor, onto the street.

"His name was Mr. Earl and he was a Vietnam vet - a lovely man. At the time I would walk my daughter and he'd stop and chat with us. About two years ago he was evicted and ended up on the street. The last time we saw him was about six months ago. He was just in really bad shape," she said. "We just realized that this shouldn't be happening. These are human beings."

Sandoval was inspired to ditch her marketing career and start Lava Mae. The project has already been welcomed with open arms in the city.

The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency has donated one bus for the cause and is willing to donate three more in the future if the project succeeds. Sandoval hopes the first bus will be able to hit the road in March.

The Public Utilities Commission has also agreed to let the buses plug into fire hydrants around the city if Lava Mae pays for the water.

One of Lava Mae's biggest supporters is Bevan Dufty, the director of Housing Opportunity, Partnerships & Engagement under the mayor of San Francisco.

"For people who are unhoused, access to showers is very difficult. Shower buses are something that could potentially be deployed in response to an emergency, so it is relevant to all San Franciscans," Dufty said. "Doniece has done an incredible job as a citizen who cares about helping the poor. We are very excited to see Lava Mae become real next year."

Each bus will have two shower stations and Sandoval expects that by 2015, they'll be able to provide 2000 showers a week.

The project is currently $80,000 short of its first year's budget of $365,000 and is run on donations. Lava Mae has a fiscal sponsorship through the nonprofit ZERO 1, The Art and Technology Network, but hopes to apply for its own nonprofit status next year.

To learn more about Lava Mae, visit the website at http://www.lavamae.org/.

• Like 2

Dad’s Hilarious Note to School: ‘This May Not Seem Like a Good Excuse...’

“Last night Isabelle was lucky enough to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.....

, “This may not seem like a good excuse, but have you ever wondered how many kids would be late — or miss school outright — if God were to suddenly appear? It’s something like that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/dads-hilarious-note-to-school-this-may-not-seem-163224480.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

:D

• Like 2
               Fans Find Out Best Movie Theater Employee is Homeless

and Provide ‘Just the Ticket’

DATELINE - Morristown, New Jersey

Terry Turner - Feb 12, 2016

HrDQm0J.jpg

The ticket-taker at a movie theater was surprised at his own star power, after his fans found out he was homeless — and raised $65,000 for him.

Eric “Fluffy” Glover has been a featured attraction at the Morristown, New Jersey theater where he’s worked for nearly 30 years. He’s locally famous for providing his own sound effects and flamboyant acting. He’ll click like a printing machine and flail his arms as he tears the tickets.

But he temporarily lost his job when the theater shut down. Later, it’s new owners re-hired Glover, but only part time — just two or three nights a week.

Meanwhile, he lost his home and was living in his car, at shelters, or with relatives. For 10 months, he was too ashamed to tell anyone he was homeless.

He’s a pretty good actor — even his own children didn’t know his situation — but as soon as a Morristown movie fan figured it out, Glover’s story got a real Hollywood ending.

Lidia Udrija set up the “Helping Eric Glover” GoFundMe page and raised $65,805 to help get him back on his feet. The first $40,000 came in in just four days.

His new employers with AMC Theatres said they were unaware of Glover’s situation and will enroll him in an employee assistance program.

It wasn’t just money that came pouring in; At least one commenter offered a room to Glover, while others shared some movie memories.

“I donated because on my first date with my wife, Eric took my ticket, and made me smile,” another supporter wrote. “Then, hundreds of times, thru out my life, he did it over and over. It is a gift this man has given to thousands.”

Photo: Lidia Udrija, GoFundMe

• Like 2

You folks probably know that the latest roving reporter for CBS's "On The Road" segments, Steve Hartman, will always have one of these touching good news type stories telecast as the closing segment on Friday night's "CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley", and is usually rebroadcast on the following "CBS Sunday Morning", doncha.

(...I love 'em)

Tony Robbins Swoops In To Stop Nuns’ Eviction From Their Soup Kitchen

DATELINE - San Francisco

by McKinley Corbley - Feb 13, 2016

Most people know Tony Robbins from his inspiring books, business talks, and infomercials on TV, but now the motivational speaker is lending a helping hand to three humble nuns on the streets of San Francisco.

They were in dire straits; having lived out of their building and fed hundreds of homeless people in the last eight years, the landlord declared that if the nuns wanted to stay, they’d either have to pay rent with a 60% increase or get out.

Tony read about the plight of the Fraternite Notre Dame Mary of Nazareth Soup Kitchen in the Chronicle newspaper and decided to stop by while he was in the Bay area on Friday.

By the end of an hour-long chat with the nuns, Tony was so impressed by their compassion, he handed them a $25,000 check and a promise that the landlord would not try to evict them for the next year. He also promised them $25,000 in advance for the following year, so they could find a new place to continue their holy work.

Tony’s kindness has spurred others to create several crowdfunding pages to support the sisters’ work because their only source of income is selling their pastries at local farmers markets.

Marilyn Richardson, president of the Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corp. in San Ramon, set up one of the pages that within two days had raised more than $10,000.

“It was such a really sad story. It touched me,” Richardson told the Chronicle. “We are in the mortgage business, and we understand how the rental market has gone crazy, so it seemed like helping them was a perfect thing for us to do.”

Teen Boy Does Sweet Thing for All 834 Girls At School–What a Valentine!

DATELINE - Smithfield, Utah

by McKinley Corbley - Feb 13, 2016

Love is in the air at Sky View High School along with the smell of 834 carnations being delivered by senior valentine Hayden Godfrey.

The compassionate teen made a Facebook post on Thursday announcing that this year for Valentine’s Day, he was going to make every girl at his Utah school feel special.

Even though Hayden is already happy in a committed relationship, he spent $450 of his own money earned working as a cook, dishwasher, and grocery bagger to buy the carnations for his carefully planned act of kindness.

Hayden's Facebook post:

So I did a thing today.

Today I passed out 900 carnations, one to every girl at SVHS and it was totally worth it. I don't think anything can compare to seeing every girl in your life holding a flower as they walk through the halls.

After enlisting the help of 20 of his friends to pass out the gifts, Facebook messages of gratitude poured in from high school peers complimenting Mr. Godfrey on his gesture.

“Thank you so much! You are incredible!!! I will never forget what you did for every girl in the school today!!” one student exclaimed in a comment to Godfrey.

• Like 1
California Goodwill Employee Finds $10K in Cash

August 8, 2013

By CHRISTINA NG via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Goodwill employee Lakeisha Williams was sorting through some donated books at a Stockton, Calif., collection site when she noticed an unexpected donation.

"There was an envelope full of cash," Williams told ABC News' Sacramento affiliate KXTV.

The envelope had $10,500 in it in $100 bills. Williams joked that she briefly thought about pocketing the cash but knew she had to do the right thing.

"My concern was somebody was out that money, and I would have liked for them to get it back," she said.

She handed the cash over to a manager about a month ago, and the money had still not been claimed.

Goodwill Industries of San Joaquin Valley President David Miller said that it had not gone unnoticed that Williams "kindly and correctly" returned the money.

"What we did is we take the money … and put it into a holding account, and we wait usually a pretty good amount of time to see if somebody comes forward and identifies themselves and says they made a donation and a mistake," Miller told ABCNews.com today.

Authorities were contacted in case anyone reported money missing, and the money will be held in the bank account for "no less than 120 days," he said.

"If nothing happens at that point … and all indicators are that nobody is claiming the money, at that point in time we put it into our normal donation stream revenue for our agency," Miller said. "We have a policy to reward our employees for their honesty and integrity. …"

The amount of money rewarded to the employee is up to Miller, but he said it would likely be in the range of 10 percent in this instance. This means Williams could be about $1,000 richer if no one comes forward to claim the missing money in the next three months.

Fearless Transit Rider Praised for ‘Incredible Display of Humanity’

DATELINE - Vancouver, British Columbia

by Terry Turner - Feb 6, 2016

When other riders on the train moved away from a man in mental distress, a 70-year-old woman took his hand.

The random act of kindness by the older woman was enough to calm the young man who had been cursing and moving erratically.

Ehab Taha, a passenger on the Vancouver, British Columbia Skytrain at the time, snapped a photo and posted it on Facebook. He said the man sat with the woman who tightly gripped his hand until he started to cry.

The woman’s actions not only calmed the fitful young man, but also reassured the train’s other passengers.

“I’m a mother and he needed someone to touch,” the unidentified woman told Taha before starting to cry herself.

"A San Francisco Bay Area man who lost his beloved pooch to cancer is keeping his fallen friend's memory alive by sending tennis balls to dog lovers around the country — and even the world.

Chris Stonag-Ratti launched the initiative on Instagram last month, with a post promising to send anyone a free tennis ball if they'd use it to play with their dog "

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Hayward-Man-Sends-Dog-Loving-Strangers-Tennis-Balls-In-Memory-Of-His-Late-Best-Friend-369059211.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

:D

• Like 2
             Husband Plants A Beautiful Garden Of Scented Flowers

To Make His Blind Wife Smile Again

DATELINE - Shintomi Town in Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan

February 17, 2016

0Aq6sQ7.jpg

In Shintomi Town in Miyazaki Prefecture, there's a beautiful tourist spot that blooms every spring with a carpet of shibazakura flowers. What makes the site truly special is the fact that it's a private residence, and the reason that up to 7,000 people visit on any given day from late March to April is not entirely because of the gorgeous flowers -- it's because of the touching love story that brought the garden into existence.

The land was once a dairy farm, home to a young couple, Mr. and Mrs. Kuroki, after they married in 1956. Rising early every morning, the two tended to a herd of 60 cows while raising two children in the process. It was a tough yet rewarding life on the farm, with the hope that one day, upon retirement, they would be able to take a well- earned trip around Japan.

After 30 years of marriage, Mrs. Kuroki suddenly encountered a problem with her eyes, which turned out to be a complication from diabetes causing her sight to fail just one week later.

Feeling her life was over, Mrs Kuroki was devastated at the prospect of not being able to go on the trip she and her husband had always dreamed about and didn't want to face a life of immobility.

As a result, she shut herself away from the world and began living a life of seclusion in her home. It pained her husband to see her normally cheerful expression become one of sadness, and he thought that if they could at least have a visitor or two each day, it would encourage his wife to come out of her shell.

One day, Mr Kuroki glanced upon a pink shibazakura flower in the garden and it occurred to him that the beauty of flowers can be experienced not only through sight, but through the sense of smell as well. If he were to create a garden filled with flowers, he thought, his wife could still enjoy their beauty, and people might also come to visit, which would bring a smile to her face again.

Mr. Kuroki spent two years planting the sea of bright pink flowers that would eventually surround their home.

Now, more than a decade after the first seeds were planted, the garden draws visitors from surrounding towns and prefectures, with people hoping for a chance encounter with Mr. and Mrs. Kuroki, who can often be seen walking around the property.

And if you meet Mrs. Kuroki today, you'll see that her husband has brought a huge smile back to her face, all with the help of visitors and flowers.

More photos and video - HERE

• Like 4
Score! Gift of Football Tickets Turns Into Game-Changer For Homeless Man

DATELINE - Liverpool, England

by Terry Turner - Feb 18, 2016

When a Liverpool man bought tickets for himself and a homeless guy to go watch their favorite teams score goals, he never imagined the friendly gift would lead to meaningful goals scored off the pitch and a life turned around.

Every day on his way to work in England, Rossico Jenkoski would buy a cup of coffee for the homeless man named Darren.

Darren had lost his job and apartment after his girlfriend passed away, and depression took hold. One thing he never lost, though: his enthusiasm for the Everton football club endured, even while he lived on the streets.

Instead of spending money for “stupid things at Christmas” — as Jenkoski put it — he used part of his holiday budget to buy tickets to a match between Everton and his own favorite team, Liverpool–and chose his homeless friend to be his guest.

The simple act of kindness inspired Darren who has since found a job and an apartment.

“I posted this story to show you that a little bit of kindness can go so far and help get someone on the right track again,” Jenkoski (pictured, left) wrote on his Facebook page, below. “I used to drink coffee with Darren on the streets, then I did it at Goodison Park, and now we drink it in his flat.”

Husband Plants A Beautiful Garden Of Scented Flowers
                         To Make His Blind Wife Smile Again

DATELINE - Shintomi Town in Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan
February 17, 2016

0Aq6sQ7.jpg

In Shintomi Town in Miyazaki Prefecture, there's a beautiful tourist spot that blooms every spring with a carpet of shibazakura flowers. What makes the site truly special is the fact that it's a private residence, and the reason that up to 7,000 people visit on any given day from late March to April is not entirely because of the gorgeous flowers -- it's because of the touching love story that brought the garden into existence.

The land was once a dairy farm, home to a young couple, Mr. and Mrs. Kuroki, after they married in 1956. Rising early every morning, the two tended to a herd of 60 cows while raising two children in the process. It was a tough yet rewarding life on the farm, with the hope that one day, upon retirement, they would be able to take a well- earned trip around Japan.

After 30 years of marriage, Mrs. Kuroki suddenly encountered a problem with her eyes, which turned out to be a complication from diabetes causing her sight to fail just one week later.

Feeling her life was over, Mrs Kuroki was devastated at the prospect of not being able to go on the trip she and her husband had always dreamed about and didn't want to face a life of immobility.

As a result, she shut herself away from the world and began living a life of seclusion in her home. It pained her husband to see her normally cheerful expression become one of sadness, and he thought that if they could at least have a visitor or two each day, it would encourage his wife to come out of her shell.

One day, Mr Kuroki glanced upon a pink shibazakura flower in the garden and it occurred to him that the beauty of flowers can be experienced not only through sight, but through the sense of smell as well. If he were to create a garden filled with flowers, he thought, his wife could still enjoy their beauty, and people might also come to visit, which would bring a smile to her face again.

Mr. Kuroki spent two years planting the sea of bright pink flowers that would eventually surround their home.

Now, more than a decade after the first seeds were planted, the garden draws visitors from surrounding towns and prefectures, with people hoping for a chance encounter with Mr. and Mrs. Kuroki, who can often be seen walking around the property.

And if you meet Mrs. Kuroki today, you'll see that her husband has brought a huge smile back to her face, all with the help of visitors and flowers.

More photos and video - HERE

I love this story and I love that you created this thread.

• Like 1

Little Boy Brought to Tears When Sister Surprises Him With Pet Hamster

It’s not every day that you find siblings who are this sweet to each other, but that’s probably why this heartwarming video of a little sister surprising her big brother with a pet hamster is going so incredibly viral.

“They absolutely love each other,” their mom, Rachel Stout, told ABC News of her adorable kids.

Ever since little Abigail Stout got a hamster for her 6th birthday on Feb. 4, her big brother Daniel was so determined to get one of his own that he went above and beyond his regular household chores to prove to his parents he deserved one, too.

“I always give them their gift from mommy and daddy on their actual birthday before their party,” Rachel explained of Abigail’s new animal. “But Daniel, once he saw it, he absolutely loved it.”

His parents told him he could save up the money to buy another hamster, but they weren’t going to pay him for chores he’s already expected to do.

“He really went above and beyond,” said Rachel. “He was scrubbing the bathroom floor and even cleaning out the garage.”

Daniel’s little sister could see how hard he was working and decided to give him the surprise of a lifetime using her birthday money she’s gotten as gifts.

“We added up Abigail's birthday money and gift cards and she had $55 total,” Rachel wrote on the kindhearted Facebook video. “I asked her what she wanted to do with her money and she says, ‘I want to surprise Daniel and buy him his hamster. He has been working soooo hard.’ I asked her numerous times of she was sure that's what she wanted to do with her money and she never faltered.”

Abigail waited until Daniel, 9, was having a sleepover at a friend’s house. She and her mom then sneaked out to the pet store to pick out the perfect new addition to the family.“

She asked for the exact hamster Daniel said he wanted, held it to make sure it was nice and excitedly told the woman all about how she was surprising her brother,” Rachel wrote.

When Daniel returned home, Abigail was bubbling over with excitement to present him with his new pet. Rachel captured the tender moment on camera to show her husband, Dan, the video once he got home from work.

The video now has more than 1 million views and has captured the hearts of the Internet.

“It’s been pretty crazy,” Rachel said. “People have written to me telling me they’ve been dealing with really difficult things lately and this was the only thing that’s put a smile on their face. That’s awful that they’re going through hard times, but I’m glad my kids made them happy.”

(link: https://gma.yahoo.com/little-boy-brought-tears-sister-surprises-him-pet-190307872--abc-news-pets.html#)

• Like 2