Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Vicious Rumours

TCM to start new, original programming with hip reality competition "Get Your Facts Right", wherein host Ben the Mank reads movie intros, and contestants have to figure out what he got wrong.

Also, a three-camera sitcom entitled "Ben!" starring Ben the Mank as a lovable schlub always getting into trouble with wacky neighbor Betty White.

Finally, TCM is proud to present "Cooking with Ben", in which Ben the Mank orders food and wine from a rotating panel of celebrity chefs, then consumes his meal while watching a movie on a small television. A bold step forward in meta-tv.

• Like 6

TCM to start new, original programming with hip reality competition "Get Your Facts Right", wherein host Ben the Mank reads movie intros, and contestants have to figure out what he got wrong.

Also, a three-camera sitcom entitled "Ben!" starring Ben the Mank as a lovable schlub always getting into trouble with wacky neighbor Betty White.

Finally, TCM is proud to present "Cooking with Ben", in which Ben the Mank orders food and wine from a rotating panel of celebrity chefs, then consumes his meal while watching a movie on a small television. A bold step forward in meta-tv.

I heard that Ben the Mank was going to star as Robert Osbourne in a biopic ..

• Like 1

TCM announces Groundhog Day marathon next February 2, 2017 with the Bill Murray film set to play 15 consecutive times.

• Like 7

Ted Turner's colorization films from the 1980's to play on TCM.   The new series will commence in June with the never seen colorization of the first 20 minutes of The Wizard of Oz (1939).

• Like 3

In response to customer demand, TCM will now present all films in the 16:9 widescreen format. Films with a wider aspect ratio will have the superfluous ends of the image cut off, while pre-widescreen, 4:3 films will have their pictures stretched and/or zoomed in, so that no screen space is wasted.

Any remaining customers who prefer the old , "black bars" look can subscribe to TCM Retro, however the black bars on the left and right, or top and bottom, depending on the ratio, will now be filled with a rotating series of colorful and informative banner ads, customized for the TCM fan and their TCM lifestyle.

• Like 3

Dick van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore to reunite in remake of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Seth Rogen and Amy Schumer to play visiting couple.

• Like 7

Turner Classic Movies will devote the Summer of 2016 to showing movies that have a continuous Commentary on Behind the Scenes movie making that cannot be shut off given by people who never met any of the artists involved.

• Like 2

Justin Bieber will star in a remake of Rebel Without A Cause.

Says Justin, "I like switchblades. Besides, it's time for a really cool guy to finally do justice to that role."

Future film plans for Justin include a pop star version of Hamlet.

"To be as great as me or not to be as great as me. Oh, baby."

• Like 9

And Ben the Mank must tell each "chef " the horrid details of what is terribly wrong with their offering. And there will be plenty wrong... it's in the script.

Sid will be resurrected by Gene Wilder - Sid will be our new Essentials host

YoDmZNh.jpg

• Like 2

Developers at Kodak Digital have created a software plug-in that will allow filmmakers to simulate the aging normally associated with celluloid film prints in the digital realm.  "In theory it is not unlike the audio software that takes digital and makes it sound more like vinyl" said Kodak vp, Lothar Windrush.  "Now when a film gets older we can take its digital file and bleach out its color, add scratches, etc. and even edit out frames to replicate damage done from a projector."

• Like 3

Developers at Kodak Digital have created a software plug-in that will allow filmmakers to simulate the aging normally associated with celluloid film prints in the digital realm.  "In theory it is not unlike the audio software that takes digital and makes it sound more like vinyl" said Kodak vp, Lothar Windrush.  "Now when a film gets older we can take its digital file and bleach out its color, add scratches, etc. and even edit out frames to replicate damage done from a projector."

OooOOo..Jump-cuts! The hairs on my arms and neck are standing straight up. I can't wait!

:P

• Like 1

Ted Turner's colorization films from the 1980's to play on TCM.   The new series will commence in June with the never seen colorization of the first 20 minutes of The Wizard of Oz (1939).

No plans to colorize the ending of The Wizard of Oz?

Sony today unveiled their new REALITv 120" 4k Ultra HD Smart televisions with their patented New "Immersionext" technology. While watching any programming, just hit the Immersionext button on your remote or Smartphone app, and the television begins to shake violently, producing the effect of shakey-cam cinematography to whatever you're watching! It's like you're really there, right inside the action! Comes with dramamine injector.

• Like 3

No plans to colorize the ending of The Wizard of Oz?

The story is that the colorization tech did not watch the film through to the end because he was so bored.

• Like 1

In his new book "Three More, Two More, One More...", 1980's fitness guru, Richard Simmons reveals that he was the first choice for Raging Bull (1980).  "No, no, no" writes Simmons, "Not the brother Joey part.  They wanted me for the lead, Jake LaMotta.  I think Marty wanted me because the schedule was going to be very very hard.  First I play Jake at 250 pounds then I have to lose all that weight, then a few weeks later they want reshoots of Jake at 250 pounds.  Then it was back to middleweight.  Then back to fatso Jake and well, you get the picture.  I'm very good at taking the weight off.  We were two weeks away from shooting when I broke four fingers on a punching bag."

• Like 7

TCM announces that they will establish a 'sister' channel, which will have 24/7 continuous showings of "North By Northwest."

• Like 7

Soon to be announced . . .

The Mother Teresa Story, starring Kim Kardashian.

Says Kim, "Look, I know that Mother Teresa cared about the poor and all that. But, really, who taught her how to apply makeup and her fashion sense was terrible. I'm going to show the inner beauty of the woman only, in my case, that beauty will be completely external."

• Like 4

TCM will be taking polls from Canadian viewers to find out what our favourite movies are.  Following this, they will decide upon which titles to make sure they do not have available for the 2017 TCM Canada schedule. 

• Like 2

Sony today unveiled their new REALITv 120" 4k Ultra HD Smart televisions with their patented New "Immersionext" technology. While watching any programming, just hit the Immersionext button on your remote or Smartphone app, and the television begins to shake violently, producing the effect of shakey-cam cinematography to whatever you're watching! It's like you're really there, right inside the action! Comes with dramamine injector.

And...

this has the added benefit of producing the illusion of a steady-cam when applied to contemporary works.

• Like 2