Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Vicious Rumours

Justin Bieber will star in a remake of Rebel Without A Cause.

Says Justin, "I like switchblades. Besides, it's time for a really cool guy to finally do justice to that role."

Future film plans for Justin include a pop star version of Hamlet.

"To be as great as me or not to be as great as me. Oh, baby."

Ha! I saw through that right away!  No way he would know about the movie.

TCM will invite some of the active.messageboard.members to be a member of their "Inner Circle". All questions elicited from the invitees, in the form of detailed questionnaires, will be for the sole.purpose of having the members' suggestions and input to be incorporated into the day-to-day and ongoing TCM programming, special events and operations.

• Like 5

To help offset costs and move the channel into the 21st century, TCM announced today an exciting new multi-corporation partnership. Each day's primetime block of programming will now be sponsored by a corporate partner. So look forward to:

Maytag Monday!

Taco Bell Tuesday!

Wal-Mart Wednesday!

T-Mobile Thursday!

Frito-Lay Friday!

CVS Saturday!

Subaru Sunday!

Each feature shown during primetime will have its title corrected to reflect the beneficent corporate sponsor, for example "Frito-Lay's Casablanca" or "CVS presents Citizen Kane". There won't be any annoying commercial breaks, only two or three minor animated infographics that will occasionally appear in the lower left, right and/or center of your screen, letting you in on exclusive New products and programs!

• Like 5

To help offset costs and move the channel into the 21st century, TCM announced today an exciting new multi-corporation partnership. Each day's primetime block of programming will now be sponsored by a corporate partner. So look forward to:

Maytag Monday!

Taco Bell Tuesday!

Wal-Mart Wednesday!

T-Mobile Thursday!

Frito-Lay Friday!

CVS Saturday!

Subaru Sunday!

Each feature shown during primetime will have its title corrected to reflect the beneficent corporate sponsor, for example "Frito-Lay's Casablanca" or "CVS presents Citizen Kane". There won't be any annoying commercial breaks, only two or three minor animated infographics that will occasionally appear in the lower left, right and/or center of your screen, letting you in on exclusive New products and programs!

Oh!  Oh!  I'm comin' 'Lizabeth!... I'm comin' !

JBkM0Cp.gif

• Like 3

Scientists found a portal to a parallel universe. In this alternate.reality, Divine never died. She became a big mainstream.success in the tv show, "Married With Children", and starred in two more John Waters films, CRY BABY and SERIAL MOM. However, she decided that her mega success as America's Sweetheart meant she shouldn't work anymore for the somewhat sordid director. She also decided she couldn't stay away from the Atlantic Seaboard, but as she felt that Baltimore was too parochial for her cosmopolitan tastes,.she relocated.to Atlantic City. There she met none other than Chris Christie, and the two entered.into wedded.bliss. Together, she pushed him.to the Governor's Mansion, and in 2016, to the White House. The famous celebrity couple, known for their stylishness, were often compared to Jack and Jackie Kennedy. Camelot all over.again!

• Like 6

TCM proudly announces . . .

31 MONTHS OF OSCAR!!!

"That's right, " says a TCM spokesperson, "we are so excited to be able to tell our viewers that for the next two and a half years we will have nothing but the best of Oscar.

We promise lots and lots of encore presentations, just to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to see all the films as many times as they may want.

But we will also be mixing up the schedule a lot, too. One day, for example, we will broadcast The English Patient followed by Gone With the Wind. But, the next day, we will be showing Gone With the Wind, followed by The English Patient."

• Like 6

Michael York, George Takei, Carson Kressely and Jesse Tyler Ferguson are slated to star in a big screen treatment of that popular '80's-'90's sitcom THE GOLDEN GIRLS.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

TCM will invite some of the active.messageboard.members to be a member of their "Inner Circle". All questions elicited from the invitees, in the form of detailed questionnaires, will be for the sole.purpose of having the members' suggestions and input to be incorporated into the day-to-day and ongoing TCM programming, special events and operations.

Is this really true?   What would the criteria be?   Number of posts, good spelling, evidence of classic movie knowledge  or is this just a joke....tell me please.  I love the caption on the different corporate sponsors.  

I have to say this is the first month in my 20 years of watching TCM that I have been totally turned off by the offerings, the way they were presented and the total lack of information, either posted as an introduction to the film or in the full schedule.  I watch movies and am totally clueless as to what made them eligible for the 31 YEARS of OSCAR unless I access Google.  Too much trouble. 

TCM will be showing the Hitchcock musical "Waltzes From Vienna" (1933) in 2017; and, since it is only half as long as the beloved "North By Northwest" (1959), TCM will show WFV one hundred forty times in a row, to catch up with NBN.

• Like 1

This Sunday, February 14th in honour of Valentine's Day TCM will launch Let's Mingle, its online dating service.  It will also announce that it is giving Bogie56 a lifetime membership in the service for coming up with the idea. Mrs. Bogie56 has launched divorce proceedings.

• Like 6

This Monday February 14, TCM will be honoring our recently deceased FredCDobbs with The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, paired with a suggested brother can you spare a wine :  24 Carat Claret

This will be broadcast at the godly hour of 12:15 AM EDT so's the left-coasters will have a chance to sober up from their mid-afternoon winetastings, just in time to get to their seats.

• Like 1

In somewhat of a reversal of strategy, Will and Jada are now presently formulating plans to indeed make a, if you pardon the expression, "token" appearance at year's Oscar ceremony.

However and still in attempts to protest AMPAS's supposed "lack of diversity", the couple will revive a popular 1970's fad and will ONLY be seen "streaking" across the stage just as the three Price-Waterhouse accountants are being introduced to the assembled and television audience.

(...when asked to comment upon this report, unfortunately, David Niven could not be found...probably because he's dead)

• Like 4

Madonna is set to take Broadway by storm in the new musical, Mommie Dearest.

• Like 4

How do you  know ? :huh:

I think he meant the avatar looks like Todd Solondz???

Well, if you ask ME Bogie, I think your avatar is just..ahem..Fine.

(...so don't change a thing, dude)

• Like 2

Well, if you ask ME Bogie, I think your avatar is just..ahem..Fine.

(...so don't change a thing, dude)

that's what I kept saying to the plastic surgeon when I was under the knife.  ..."Fine, yes ... Fine."

• Like 5

I think he meant the avatar looks like Todd Solondz???

Hmm, that makes sense. Although I've seen a number of his films, I've never seen a pic of the director himself. I looked him, up, and sure enough, Mr. Solondz does indeed bear a slight resemblance to the illustrious Larry. As do I on a bad hair day.

How 'bout this one:

Rumour has it that TCM is scheduling the Three Stodges  Stoodges as Star(s) of the Month, probably for December (so heart-warming and Christmassy, those guys.) Purist alert: Plan is to delete or just CGI out all scenes of violence, including head-knocking, nose-twisting, and foot-stomping. Word is that the programmers are frantically trying to figure out how to fill in all that empty space time.

edit, sorry, that's stOOdges, not stodges. Curly Larry and Moe were never stodgy.

• Like 7

The operatic version of "North By Northwest" is set to debut on Broadway in 2017.  The tryout is to debut on TCM in late 2016; at present, NBN lasts six hours (without intermission).

• Like 1

To attract a younger viewing audience, TCM is offering various members of the Kardashian family an Essentials co-host deal.

Kim Kardashian, said to be interested after sampling some old movies herself, remarked after seeing The Incredible Mr. Limpet, "That's like, deep!"

• Like 7

The operatic version of "North By Northwest" is set to debut on Broadway in 2017.  The tryout is to debut on TCM in late 2016; at present, NBN lasts six hours (without intermission).

Wonder who's going to audition?  Kim Kardashian as Eve Kendall? Ok, she can't sing, but she's undeniably a diva. 

• Like 4

TCM today announced an exciting new primetime lineup of films. Having finally gained access to the full back catalogue of titles from Paramount, Universal, and Fox, TCM will begin premiering never-before-seen films under the banner name of "TCM iShows". To attract that all-important 18-35 demo, during each premiere showing, viewers real-time Tweets, Facebook updates and Instagram selfies will be displayed on the screen in the lower third of the screen. So finally, loyal TCM viewers, you get all of the titles you've been requesting for years and the opportunity to thank us on screen, in real-time, during each and every showing!

• Like 5

Wonder who's going to audition?  Kim Kardashian as Eve Kendall? Ok, she can't sing, but she's undeniably a diva. 

She can't. She's tied up as Mother Teresa.

• Like 5