Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

African-Americans for Clinton? You Really Should Read This

It's shocking how much damage the Clintons have done to America's "blacks". Michelle Alexander, in this recap of it all, doesn't understand why in hell her fellow African-Americans are so willing to vote for Hillary - it makes no sense.

What about a larger agenda that would not just reverse some of the policies adopted during the Clinton era, but would rebuild the communities decimated by them? If you listen closely here, you’ll notice that Hillary Clinton is still singing the same old tune in a slightly different key. She is arguing that we ought not be seduced by Bernie’s rhetoric because we must be “pragmatic,” “face political realities,” and not get tempted to believe that we can fight for economic justice and win. When politicians start telling you that it is “unrealistic” to support candidates who want to build a movement for greater equality, fair wages, universal healthcare, and an end to corporate control of our political system, it’s probably best to leave the room.

http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

• Like 1

It's shocking how much damage the Clintons have done to America's "blacks". Michelle Alexander, in this recap of it all, doesn't understand why in hell her fellow African-Americans are so willing to vote for Hillary - it makes no sense.

http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

about as much sense as demonizing the chicago police department.

just who are the black residents of chicago waiting for to stop the unrelenting daily slaughter of young black men at the hands of other young black men?

little green martians?

yet they continue to tolerate a recycled clinton cog like rahm emanuel.

it makes no sense.

Many African-Americans believe that Bill Clinton was the first black president. That won't be forgotten in November when all is said and done.

Yes, she does mention that. It's because he put on sunglasses and played his sax on 'Arsenio Hall'. That's it. That's the only reason.

And that is very, very sad.

His policies as President have been a scourge to African-Americans all over the country. Their communities have been absolutely devastated by the Clintons' actions and the legacy of those actions.

If they vote for Hillary, it can only be out of unfathomable ignorance of what the Clintons really are, and have done.

Yes, she does mention that. It's because he put on sunglasses and played his sax on 'Arsenio Hall'. That's it. That's the only reason.

And that is very, very sad.

His policies as President have been a scourge to African-Americans all over the country. Their communities have been absolutely devastated by the Clintons' actions and the legacy of those actions.

If they vote for Hillary, it can only be out of unfathomable ignorance of what the Clintons really are, and have done.

A bleak thought, but it'll be even more devastating if any of the honorable candidates from the other party are in power.

• Like 1

A bleak thought, but it'll be even more devastating if any of the honorable candidates from the other party are in power.

Clinton's as bad as any of them - and certainly more corrupt. The Clintons only talk the liberal talk to get themselves elected. Once they're in, they govern as bad as any Republican - with no upside for the working people or poor at all.

The only reason to vote for Hillary over Bush or Rubio or Kasich is that she might nominate a less harmful judge than they would. Cruz, of course, is so bat-**** crazy that a heroin addict would be a less harmful President.

If it's not Sanders, America loses again. Just 4 more years of further embedment of corruption plus increasing poverty and personal debt, with the much-needed political revolution stalled that much longer.

Clinton's as bad as any of them - and certainly more corrupt. The Clintons only talk the liberal talk to get themselves elected. Once they're in, they govern as bad as any Republican - with no upside for the working people or poor at all.

The only reason to vote for Hillary over Bush or Rubio or Kasich is that she might nominate a less harmful judge than they would. Cruz, of course, is so bat-**** crazy that a heroin addict would be a less harmful President.

If it's not Sanders, America loses again. Just 4 more years of further embedment of corruption plus increasing poverty and personal debt, with the much-needed political revolution stalled that much longer.

Sanders, while he's been a very good and vocal member of the Senate, is 74. And we've never had a president that old. The odds of his serving more than one four-year term have to be long. Mrs. Clinton is six years younger, and I like her chances of serving two terms in the White House. That would mean 16 consecutive years of Democratic administrations. 

I've always remembered what the late rocker Frank Zappa once said on a late-night talk show. He was asked what he would wish for his children in the years ahead. He responded: "That they would never again have to live under a Republican adminstration."

I'm all for that. But Sanders' run for the White House seems very quixotic. Of course, I said exactly the same thing about Barack Obama eight years ago!

• Like 1

One term will be fine.

He'll spend it educating the masses from the bully pulpit and shining a light on all the corporate shills and obstructionists in government.

Meanwhile the first woman to be elected to the White House - Vice-President Elizabeth Warren - will be putting together projects and fellow-traveler coalitions that will be ready to go when she becomes the first woman President of the United States, after Sanders' retirement in 2020.

• Like 4

One term will be fine.

He'll spend it educating the masses from the bully pulpit and shining a light on all the corporate shills and obstructionists in government.

Meanwhile the first woman to be elected to the White House - Vice-President Elizabeth Warren - will be putting together projects and fellow-traveler coalitions that will be ready to go when she becomes the first woman President of the United States, after Sanders' retirement in 2020.

I wish I could like this post dozens of times!  A Sanders Warren ticket.  Yes.

• Like 1

One term will be fine.

I like the idea of a Clinton-Stanley McChrystal ticket. He would be ideal as a military adviser -- just as long as he doesn't talk to Rolling Stone reporters!

Guaranteed to elect a Republican - any Republican.  Maybe you and DarkBlue should move to US so you can vote in the elections?  Do it quickly and you may be able to vote in a primary.

So Bogie -- Are you a Trump supporter or a Cruz supporter? Because no matter how crazy the Republican, a Sanders-Warren ticket is sure to get the Republican elected.

So Bogie -- Are you a Trump supporter or a Cruz supporter? Because no matter how crazy the Republican, a Sanders-Warren ticket is sure to get the Republican elected.

I guess I forget how wacko people are.  I heard Rubio today calling the dems an extreme left wing party and have to laugh for the American dems would probably be regarded as a right wing party by the rest of the world.

Hey, who knows how far Bernie can push his political revolution angle?  I think he would have a very good shot against someone like Cruz who I would think would do badly in the general.

• Like 1

Guaranteed to elect a Republican - any Republican.  Maybe you and DarkBlue should move to US so you can vote in the elections?  Do it quickly and you may be able to vote in a primary.

If I did (splitting my side laughing now), and the only good person (Sanders) was not available to me come November, I'd have to hope for Trump to be the alternate choice. I'd vote for him over any actual Republican - and that includes Hillary.

If I did (splitting my side laughing now), and the only good person (Sanders) was not available to me come November, I'd have to hope for Trump to be the alternate choice. I'd vote for him over any actual Republican - and that includes Hillary.

It's a good thing you can't vote here then. I give Trump credit for one thing -- and one thing only. He stepped in and renovated the Wollman Rink at Central Park when New York City couldn't do it.

Otherwise, he's just a pompous, egotistical, elitist, misogynistic, xenophobic blowhard!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/offwhitepapers/2015/08/24/donald-trump-and-the-wollman-rinking-of-american-politics/#19c1ac5e26b2

• Like 1

Doesn't matter - he lives in Canada.

Doesn't matter - he lives in Canada.

I know -- which means Bogie probably would vote for Ted Cruz, out of a sense of Canadian pride. When Cruz loses, perhaps he can make a religious crusade out of Canadians being deprived of the occasional TCM showing!  :)

Someone( perhaps JAMES?) will have to spell out for me what Clinton policies have been so devastating to African-Americans, as many black folks I know liked Bill just fine.

I'd also like to know the reason behind Darkblue placing the word BLACKS in quotations in the OP.

And, if we're to expect America to be everything it should  be, then we should accept African-Americans to vote for whomever they please, and for whatever reasons they choose to give.

I'll leave now and let y'all commence manufacturing your greenhouse gasses.

Sepiatone

Someone( perhaps JAMES?) will have to spell out for me what Clinton policies have been so devastating to African-Americans, as many black folks I know liked Bill just fine.

I'd also like to know the reason behind Darkblue placing the word BLACKS in quotations in the OP.

And, if we're to expect America to be everything it should  be, then we should accept African-Americans to vote for whomever they please, and for whatever reasons they choose to give.

I'll leave now and let y'all commence manufacturing your greenhouse gasses.

Sepiatone

Much of this stems from Clinton's strategic move to the center right after the Democrats were pounded in the 1994 elections and lost the House to Newt Gingrich and the Republicans. But Clinton outsmarted the right by taking conservative stands on welfare reform and crime. It worked out for him -- he was re-elected handily in 1996. But he apparently has expressed regrets about the negative impact those measures had on many Americans.

Otherwise, he's just a pompous, egotistical, elitist, misogynistic, xenophobic blowhard!

Yep.

But at least he's not a real Republican. If you're just gonna vote for the country to keep getting worse, may as well put some fun and surprise into the show. As orange-ly repugnant as he may be to look at (and listen to), at least we can enjoy am entertaining freak show once we've given up all hope for anything good to happen in the next term.

So, if no Sanders and no revolution, Trump's the guy.

I know -- which means Bogie probably would vote for Ted Cruz, out of a sense of Canadian pride. When Cruz loses, perhaps he can make a religious crusade out of Canadians being deprived of the occasional TCM showing! 

Don't be ridiculous. No Canadian would ever vote for Cruz.

Well, maybe some bible-believing freak in Alberta - that's where we keep that particular goofball minority (they can play cowboy there - makes them happy. They even wear the hats. White ones.)

I quotation mark "black" and "white" because they're not really accurate. Some negro people even object to the term "black", though I think it'd be preferable to them than many of the other words that are used.

In any case, not accurate. People are skin-coloured, to a paler or darker degree, but they're all skin-coloured. "Black" and "white" have simply become the most common method of differentiating the two most divided racial groups. We used to use other colors like "red" and "yellow" as well, but they've fallen from favour because Asians and first-nations peoples didn't care for them and out of respect we stopped using those descriptions. I assume to their approval.

But "black" and "white" are almost universally accepted even if there are some objections - and very, very few people are actually that. Most are shades of brown, including beige, and some are kinda pink and some are kinda black. But they're all skin-coloured.

I once saw a negro get mad over being referred to as "black". Actually, I've seen that happen a couple of times - and although it's a pretty rare occurrence, I've been putting quotations marks around the word when referencing race by colour ever since.

P.S. there's no need for capitals in my user-name.