Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

African-Americans for Clinton? You Really Should Read This

I quotation mark "black" and "white" because they're not really accurate. Some negro people even object to the term "black", though I think it'd be preferable to them than many of the other words that are used.

In any case, not accurate. People are skin-colored, to a paler or darker degree, but they're all skin coloured. "Black" and "white" have simply become the most common method of differentiating the two most divided racial groups. We used to use other colors like "red" and "yellow" as well, but they've fallen from favour because Asians and first-nations peoples didn't care for them and out of respect we stopped using those descriptions. I assume to their approval.

But "black" and "white" are almost universally accepted even if there are some objections - and very, very few people are actually that. Most are shades of brown, including beige, and some are kinda pink and some are kinda black. But they're all skin-coloured.

I once saw a negro get mad over being referred to as "black". Actually, I've seen that happen a couple of times - and although it's a pretty rare occurrence, I've been putting quotations marks around the word when referencing race by colour ever since.

P.S. there is no need for capitals in my name.

What's a negro?

• Like 1

What's a negro?

That's what biologists and other cultural/scientific observers  termed the race of people common to the African interior. Dark in skin colour and sharing common traits of physiognomy not generally found in other races in other places.

But you must have already known this, so why the question?

Yep.

But at least he's not a real Republican. If you're just gonna vote for the country to keep getting worse, may as well put some fun and surprise into the show. As orange-ly repugnant as he may be to look at (and listen to), at least we can enjoy am entertaining freak show once we've given up all hope for anything good to happen in the next term.

So, if no Sanders and no revolution, Trump's the guy.

Sometimes I believe Trump's only reason for running is because President Obama skewered him at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner. You'll notice Trump, who promised a major investigation into the president's origins, no longer talks about it.

That's what biologists and other cultural/scientific observers  termed the race of people common to the African interior. Dark in skin colour and sharing common traits of physiognomy not generally found in other races in other places.

But you must have already known this, so why the question?

It's not a word one hears very much anymore, probably because it came from white biologists and other cultural/scientific observers.

You'll notice Trump, who promised a major investigation into the president's origins, no longer talks about it.

Yep. When Trump is proven wrong, he just moves on. Doesn't talk about what he doesn't want to talk about. He's a classic spoiled, bullying narcissist. A wealthy one - if he wasn't he'd get his teeth kicked in.

• Like 1

Yep. When Trump is proven wrong, he just moves on. Doesn't talk about what he doesn't want to talk about. He's a classic spoiled, bullying narcissist.

Well, his campaign gives him a chance to criticize the president on a regular basis. I'm sure Obama gets a real kick out of it!

It's not a word one hears very much anymore, probably because it came from white biologists and other cultural/scientific observers.

You discount everything that comes from "white biologists and other cultural/scientific observers"?

What's wrong with them?

Well, his campaign gives him a chance to criticize the president on a regular basis. I'm sure Obama gets a real kick out of it!

Trump's got one hell of a pile of company in that. I don't think I've ever seen any President so relentlessly criticized by so many people day after day. Even Junior had it easier, I think - and he's the worst that ever was.

He's got one hell of a pile of company in that. I don't think I've ever seen any President so relentlessly criticized by so many people day after day. Even Junior had it easier, I think - and he's the worst that ever was.

Well, it's to Obama's credit that he takes the criticism and -- like Jay-Z says -- brushes it off his shoulders. Obama's mother and grandparents really reared him well. He usually strikes back only when he's making speeches on the road -- or at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Plus, he's been known to admit when he's wrong. Trump apparently can't do that, and W. couldn't, either.

• Like 2

You are smart not to know, you end up with a fat bloody lip or worse for saying it around many parts where i live.

It's just a dated term, and it's not what black people use to describe themselves anymore. "Colored" is worse.

You discount everything that comes from "white biologists and other cultural/scientific observers"?

What's wrong with them?

They were white people defining black people. Not much one can do about it historically, but one doesn't have to like it.

It's just a dated term, and it's not what black people use to describe themselves anymore. "Colored" is worse.

They want us to say "African-American". Nothing inconvenient about that, ay?

Brilliant little piece of revenge, that.

They want us to say "African-American". Nothing inconvenient about that, ay?

Brilliant little piece of revenge, that.

Well, that's a good term for blacks in the United States, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for Canadians. Of course, Canadians are North Americans, too.

That's why the term "black" is sufficient.

Just a matter of time until more women realize their reproductive rights are under assault from the Republicans -- and that Clinton will be their best advocate.

Republicans aren't gonna change their minds because of Clinton. If anything, she'll just make them worse.

Sanders is totally fine on the issue of women's reproductive rights. No win for Hillary over him on that.

And by the way, if there's any woman out there who doesn't know by now that Republicans are against her reproductive rights, she must've been living under a rock for quite some time.