Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does no other person sense

lkm222

I think Robert Osborne [and nearly all the other hosts] lend a certain degree of

interest to the movies being shown. I especially like their relating actor vs actress, director vs actor, producer vs director, or MGM vs RKO etc rifts that arose with many of these movies and their production. It seems to me it enhances superbly by adding that relatively unknown dimension to me before I watch. However guests, especially this black guy there this month, I find to be significantly pre prejudiced and I can sense where they will come down before they even say it. Mr Osborne seems to be overly gracious or maybe he genuinely believes all these folks suggest. But this black fellow this month really gives me a pain as he finds uncle Tom's where there aren't any, speaks with supposed expertise when I sense he has none, and is positive there was prejudice behind the scenes or delibertate anti black sentiment on the part of this person or that without knowing what the hell he is talking about. To me [raised in the north with a special love for the negro] I am convinced that the last month or two with ALL these black films is overkill and I definitely feel not all [but damn sure most] of the comments by the black guest reflect a striking racist bent on his part. Throw him off mr Osborne go it alone.

Leslie Moore

Yankee

What you're not tasking into consideration is that whatever Osborne's guests say in their taped discussions is subject to editing or, in extreme cases, abandonment. If Mr Bogle had said anything of a truly racist or inflammatory nature, it seems certain that the piece wouldn't have run as you saw it. As such, I think you probably are overly sensitive. Presuming that your ancestors weren't brought to this continent in chains, I can only conclude that you don't have an inalienable right to cry 'racism.'