Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cavett and Temple

Sepiatone

Yesterday(Tues. 2/10) DECADES channel showed an old Dick Cavett episode in which he interviewed  Shirley Temple Black.

I don't know when the original broadcast was, as I happened on it halfway through, and the original airing date ws never displayed I suppose, after it began.  My guess was possibly the late '60's( '68 maybe due to at one point, Shirley mentioned something about her being 40 years old)

She WAS still very lovely at that stage of life, as she was ALL her life.  And I found myself tearing up a bit when cavett showed some old footge of her dancing with Bill Robinson(BoJangles).  When I think of how shameful Hollywood treated that treasure, and the close friendship he and Shirley had when she was just a little girl,  my tearducts go into overdrive.

But it was delightful watching that interview, and she did have many interesting things to say.  FASCINATING person. 

Sepiatone

• Like 2

I also watched some of the interview. During the interview she discusses events that take place after 1969, 1970. I just checked the Cavett website and Shirley is listed as making that appearance in 1972.

Were there other guests on the episode? Temple appeared on Cavett's show on October 19,1972, which also featured hockey star Rod Gilbert, singer Mabel Mercer and economist and author Robert Theobald. .