Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The death of Justice Scalia

obama is so sure of his persuasiveness that he resorts to wholesale executive auctioning.

Just like every Republican President - except less.

He didn't want to do any of it, but Republicans wouldn't stop huffing with their backs to him. So, when children have tantrums, adults have to do what's best. That's sums up what the adult Obama has had to make do with what with all those crybaby children refusing to do their jobs.

• Like 1

so did nixon...right?

Yes, and Nixon was the last Republican President who actually did anything good for the country.

The bad he did did prevent him from serving out his 8 years though. Obama hasn't done anything bad, so he's gonna be there all the way.

obama is so sure of his persuasiveness that he resorts to wholesale executive actioning.

that's an abdication of leadership.

obama knows that he is so far beyond the child-like gop that he gives up trying to reach them (with his intellect?)

incredible! the master has failed

:huh:

You are such a phony at best, but likely just a flat out liar.    When Obama does work with GOP members like Paul Ryan you label Ryan scum.     You don't want leadership from either Obama or the GOP establishment.    Anytime there is leadership between the Dems and GOP you cry foul like a baby.    

• Like 3

Just like every Republican President - except less.

He didn't want to do any of it, but Republicans wouldn't stop huffing with their backs to him. So, when children have tantrums, adults have to do what's best. That's sums up what the adult Obama has had to make do with what with all those crybaby children refusing to do their jobs.

not exactly so.

obama in 2008 promised complete transparency.

obama and his worshippers have said obama received an unprecedented level of resistance from gop lawmakers.

I would believe that but transparency promised by obama was never facilitated.

maybe the gop was so intransigent because they plainly saw obama making no good faith effort to live up to his campaign rhetoric about transparency...

if obama is so friggin' brilliant then lets see him cut through the gop obstructionism.

everybody has had to listen to numerous proclamations of how much of a genius he's supposed to be for the past seven years.

so the gop are these master child-obstructionists? :P

not exactly so.

obama in 2008 promised complete transparency.

obama and his worshippers have said obama received an unprecedented level of resistance from gop lawmakers.

I would believe that but transparency promised by obama was never facilitated.

maybe the gop was so intransigent because they plainly saw obama making no good faith effort to live up to his campaign rhetoric about transparency...

if obama is so friggin' brilliant then lets see him cut through the gop obstructionism.

everybody has had to listen to how much of a genius he is for the past seven years.

so the gop are these master child-obstructionists?

Whoever said Obama was brilliant?

He's just smarter than Republicans is all. But brilliant? Umm, no.

Yes, and Nixon was the last Republican President who actually did anything good for the country.

The bad he did did prevent him from serving out his 8 years though. Obama hasn't done anything bad, so he's gonna be there all the way.

I disagree! hypocrisy is bad and is not excused by many simply on thebasisconvenient rationale of good intentions.

neville chamberlain's intentions were good

Has there ever been a transparent politician?  Seems like a dichotomy.  Grow up!

Absolutely not, just as there has never been a transparent corporate executive, transparent military leader, transparent religious leader, transparent educator or even a transparent parent.

The people do not want to hear the truth, much less know it.

• Like 1

Whoever said Obama was brilliant?

He's just smarter than Republicans is all. But brilliant? Umm, no.

he did make sure we all knew he was the first black president of the harvard law review, didn't he?

and I hereby challenge you, darkblue, to explain why his scholastic records are sealed.

obama must be very bashful about his academic accomplishments. :lol:

I think obama has a perfect right to name his progressive ideologue scotus nominee now.

but it is completely phony for him to do so and then pontificate about all the imaginary things he's done to end political divisiveness.

I doan think he should wait!

but I could respect him slightly if he were just honest enough to admit that he knows his choice is going to fan political winds.

instead, obama likes to pretend that he himself is somehow far removed from his own political emanications.

obama puts out his own negative zone.

even reed richards can't do that. :)

Absolutely not, just as there has never been a transparent corporate executive, transparent military leader, transparent religious leader, transparent educator or even a transparent parent.

Nor a transparent anyone at all.

Everybody's got something to hide (except for me and my monkey).

• Like 1

I think obama has a perfect right to name his progressive ideologue scotus nominee now.

but it is completely phony for him to do so and then pontificate about all the imaginary things he's done to end political divisiveness.

It's impossible to end when you have ignoramus' like you who are so entrenched just for the sake of it.  Geesh.

Why offer you anything at all when anything is never going to be enough?

Might as well ignore you altogether for there are no points in trying to get a consensus on anything.

• Like 1

he did make sure we all knew he was the first black president of the harvard law review, didn't he?

and I hereby challenge you, darkblue, to explain why his scholastic records are sealed.

obama must be very bashful about his academic accomplishments.

Why don't you just come clean and admit you're a racist? That's why you hate him so much and everyone here knows it.

Why don't you just come clean and admit you're a racist? That's why you hate him so much and everyone here knows it.

I despise obama for his numerous hypocrisies and not his physical makeup.

and no one has claimed racial defamation as insinuatively as he.

I despise obama for his numerous hypocrisies and not his physical makeup.

and no one has claimed racial defamation as insinuatively as he.

...could those harvard scholastic records indicate that obama once classified himself as a kenyan and not a u.s. citizen?...

for the scholarship money? :huh:

It's impossible to end when you have ignoramus' like you who are so entrenched just for the sake of it.  Geesh.

Why offer you anything at all when anything is never going to be enough?

Might as well ignore you altogether for there are no points in trying to get a consensus on anything.

I have been honest, Bogie56.

I have said that I do not begrudge obama making his scotus choice now.

and I mean it.

why shouldn't he?

it's not obama's fault scalia kicked off in texas.

it's just a bad break for the gop.

I have been honest, Bogie56.

I have said that I do not begrudge obama making his scotus choice now.

and I mean it.

why shouldn't he?

it's not obama's fault scalia kicked off in texas.

it's just a bad break for the gop.

and I'm kinda sympathetic to the democrats on this.

the gop establishment doan like the spectre of obama picking a replacement for scalia they shoulda avoided being such **** ups in 2008 and 2012. :)

• Like 1

and I'm kinda sympathetic to the democrats on this.

the gop establishment doan like the spectre of obama picking a replacement for scalia they shoulda avoided being such **** ups in 2008 and 2012. :)

You know what they say about negotiating with terrorists?

So, if you are Obama and you are trying to negotiate with the Republicans who will never be happy and even if you DO let them win it will not result in a give and take the next time, why bother at all?  That's why he was going to let them shut down your government.  I have news for you.  The rest of the world watches this and cannot believe how idiotic and childish your Republicans are.  Why would any sane person want people like that running their country?

Ted Cruz is incapable of running anything.  He is only doing all this because he is a puppet on some very expensive strings.

You are lucky you have Obama who is at least pragmatic about most things and is saving a lot of mothers the grief of having to go to the airport to pick up their sons in a body bag.

Oh, if only that were true. He's every bit as capable as Himmlr or Goering or dozens of other infamous Nazi's at running things.

Misspelling had to be.

Yes but my point was that the Republicans harp on the fact that Obama does not gather a consensus.  Cruz is the least likely person on the planet to even care about such a thing.  Unless America became a total fascist dictatorship under Cruz nothing would ever get done.  

Yes but my point was that the Republicans harp on the fact that Obama does not gather a consensus.  Cruz is the least likely person on the planet to even care about such a thing.  Unless America became a total fascist dictatorship under Cruz nothing would ever get done.  

Well, that's true - that a consensus would never happen under an extremist like Cruz.

Though, he could cause a lot of problems with the support of the religious right and the nominations of extreme right-wing Justices.

Mitch McConnell in 2005....

“Any President’s judicial nominees should receive careful consideration.  But after that debate, they deserve a simple up-or-down vote. . . . It’s time to move away from advise and obstruct and get back to advise and consent....."

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/2016/02/15/these-quotes-about-replacing-supreme-court-justices-are-haunting-mitch-mcconnell/

- of course Bush was Pres. then ;)

• Like 3

Mitch McConnell in 2005....

“Any President’s judicial nominees should receive careful consideration.  But after that debate, they deserve a simple up-or-down vote. . . . It’s time to move away from advise and obstruct and get back to advise and consent....."

What they really need is a law or rule in Congress that all bills are voted up or down by the full body within 60 days of presentation.  Perhaps permit a one time 60 day extension.  Every bill, nomination,etc. would be passed or not within 120 days.  This would include all the committee investigating, meetings, votes and so forth.

Ain't going to happen, just as they are not going to eliminate the one senator non-filibuster filibuster rule.

• Like 2