Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The death of Justice Scalia

Susan Hopkins

Latest controversy involves his being there at all.  Who else was there?  Who paid for his travel? Apparently his Texas host didn't charge for his room, board, etc.

Washington Post, Why Justice Scalia was Staying for Free at a Texas Resort.

An overweight 79 year old man who spends most of his time sitting and/or arguing? No way he had heart problems.

He kept his health issues private unlike fellow Supreme Court Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and William Rehnquist, whose battles with cancer had been made public.

It was a big mistake not having an autopsy done, now murder conspiracy theories are running wild.

• Like 1

Here's a very entertaining short video on the Scalia/Obama/Republicans sitcom. Click on this Vimeo link and press the play button - you'll be glad you did!

https://vimeo.com/155780284

ok, I watched it. pretty funny but not uproariously so but I think fiore misses the point.

all the gop needs to do is nothing...which they will most certainly do. nothing.

so obama makes his choice and the republicans respond with a jovial "that's nice, we'll get around to it sometime real soon so don't worry". :lol:

then fiore will hafta do another one about obama's broken and destitute heart. :lol:

White House Makes Stunning Announcement About Scalia’s Funeral- ‘Obama Will…’

The White House announced on Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not be attending the funeral of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Saturday.

Press Secretary Josh Earnest stated that instead, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill will represent the administration at the ceremony.

This is the greatest disrespect any President could ever show a Justice. Obama better have something planned on Saturday besides golf.

White House Makes Stunning Announcement About Scalia’s Funeral- ‘Obama Will…’

The White House announced on Wednesday that President Barack Obama will not be attending the funeral of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Saturday.

Press Secretary Josh Earnest stated that instead, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill will represent the administration at the ceremony.

This is the greatest disrespect any President could ever show a Justice. Obama better have something planned on Saturday besides golf.

I appreciate his gesture. who wants 'em there? :lol:

• Like 1

A couple of good reads today:

"Obama Compiles Shortlist of Gay Transsexual Abortion Doctors to Replace Scalia."

http://www.theonion.com/article/obama-compiles-shortlist-gay-transsexual-abortion--52361

"Scalia was an intellectual phony: Can we please stop calling him a brilliant jurist?"

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/18/scalia_was_an_intellectual_phony_can_we_please_stop_calling_him_a_brilliant_jurist/

• Like 3

Apparently Trump tweeted that Obama would have gone to the funeral if it had been held in a mosque. Sounds a bit racist.  I guess that will appeal to his core supporters.

then why isn't the obama justice dept. pushing the issue with apple about helping them crack the san bernardino muslim berserker couple's iphone? :P

then why isn't the obama justice dept. pushing the issue with apple about helping them crack the san bernardino muslim berserker couple's iphone? :P

Read the Apple CEO's FULL statement for starters before you go off in another rant.

Oh, and ban all guns too while you are at it.

• Like 2

The courts have given Apple a court order.  IF Apples doesn't comply the US Justice dept. will take further action.    If you really believe Obama has ordered the Feds under his command to not pursue this because he wishes to protect Muslims,  you're more crazy than even I believed (and trust me I already believe your way out there).

• Like 3

The courts have given Apple a court order.  IF Apples doesn't comply the US Justice dept. will take further action.    If you really believe Obama has ordered the Feds under his command to not pursue this because he wishes to protect Muslims,  you're more crazy than even I believed (and trust me I already believe your way out there).

no, I doan believe that but obama could be a little more forceful with apple.

apple doan want him publically scolding them for their lack of patriotism. :)

no, I doan believe that but obama could be a little more forceful with apple.

apple doan want him publically scolding them for their lack of patriotism. :)

What does 'a little more forceful' really mean?   Call a news conferences and yell at them?    That wouldn't be very Presidential. 

The legal process is moving along as it should.    

Obama Schedule || Saturday, February 20, 2015

In an insult to Justice Antonin Scalia and the nation, President Obama is not attending the Scalia funeral today. He is scheduled to remain at the White House all day while Vice President Biden attends instead. Fortunately, he at least won’t be headed out to play golf, which is what he normally would do on a beautiful Saturday.

Obama Schedule || Saturday, February 20, 2015

In an insult to Justice Antonin Scalia and the nation, President Obama is not attending the Scalia funeral today. He is scheduled to remain at the White House all day while Vice President Biden attends instead. Fortunately, he at least won’t be headed out to play golf, which is what he normally would do on a beautiful Saturday.

Not an insult to me.   I would tee off over the grass on Scalia's grave and since I don't play golf well leave a bunch of holes!

Now go cry to your mommy.

• Like 1

Not an insult to me.   I would tee off over the grass on Scalia's grave and since I don't play golf well leave a bunch of holes!

Now go cry to your mommy.

Man, that guy really hates it when people golf, don't he?

Wonder if it's okay to spend one's day off going fishing instead?

• Like 1