Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Title?

Gerb

Can someone help me with this movie? I only saw it once when I was about seven or eight--so my memory is a little shakey--but I'll describe it as best I can. I believe it is in color and takes place in the 20s or 30s. There are two main characters always at odds with each other, and one of them (who I'll call the hero) beats up the larger one in a fight. By the end of the movie, they are friends because the larger guy has to lower the hero down a cliff to save a little girl--I believe. Another plot point concerns the need for a town shelter, but everyone keeps putting it off till next spring. And then a tornado hits, I think. From Leonard Maltin's book, it sounds to me like COME NEXT SPRING (1956), with Ann Sheridan and Walter Brennan. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Thank ya'll for the help. PLACES IN THE HEART (1984) takes place in the right time period, but I don't think that is the movie. Plus, there are no cliffs in Waxahachie, TX! I'll stick with COME NEXT SPRING (1956) for now, and hopefully, one day, TCM will show it. Only then, will I know for sure.

I don't know why I didn't think to check TCM's database before, but it confirms the movie in question to be COME NEXT SPRING (1956). Somebody wrote a dissertation about the movie over there, and it fits my memory to a T. Thanks to all those who helped.