Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone.

ClassicMovieRankings hasn't been TCM forums in a few days, but I wanted to let people know who are fans of Lillian Gish that he completed her page:

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/lillian-gish-movies/comment-page-1/#comment-17319

It is his quest to do all 50 AFI legends.  He now has only Mary Pickford and Buster Keaton to complete this 5 year goal.  He would love to publish a book on all 50 of them depending upon costs.

My favourite Lillian Gish movie is The Night of the Hunter.  I've seen some movies from her early career, and some of her television appearances.

Lillian Gish lovers will enjoy this page.

Thanks for sharing my link GregoryPeckFan.  Not sure how many Lillian Gish fans are out there.

Saw Deadpool this afternoon....and during the credits...I read an interesting tidbit.  The producers wanted to thank 20th Century for the use of the movie poster The Gunfighter.  I did not see the poster while watching the movie...but I will be keeping an eye open for that movie poster the next time I watch that movie.  So Gregory Peck in a small way is in Deadpool...a movie breaking box office records in 2016.  Needless to say when I saw that....I thought of you.

• Like 1

I know the man who was Lillian Gish's personal manager and met many of her friends. Yes, she was a great actress on stage and screen. She was also a remarkable, beloved human being.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing my link GregoryPeckFan.  Not sure how many Lillian Gish fans are out there.

Saw Deadpool this afternoon....and during the credits...I read an interesting tidbit.  The producers wanted to thank 20th Century for the use of the movie poster The Gunfighter.  I did not see the poster while watching the movie...but I will be keeping an eye open for that movie poster the next time I watch that movie.  So Gregory Peck in a small way is in Deadpool...a movie breaking box office records in 2016.  Needless to say when I saw that....I thought of you.

The Gunfighter poster, huh....

Good poster to have in a film :)

Your post brought a smile to my face. 

I know the man who was Lillian Gish's personal manager and met many of her friends. Yes, she was a great actress on stage and screen. She was also a remarkable, beloved human being.

Thanks for sharing this.  You are lucky to have known a wonderful person.

Thanks for sharing this.  You are lucky to have known a wonderful person.

Just to be clear -- I didn't know Miss Gish, though I feel as if I did, knowing so many who were close to her. 

• Like 1

Of course I love Lillian in TNOTH, but I also dig her what with the frozen eyelashes crossing the ice floes in WDE. I think that was cinematographer Billy Bitzer who worked for Griffith and that scene makes the whole film.

But my favorite film of Lillian's is "The Scarlet Letter". Second fave is "The Wind".

• Like 1

My favourite Lillian Gish movie is The Night of the Hunter.  I've seen some movies from her early career, and some of her television appearances.

I think TNOTH, is also my favorite Gish film, certainly of the talking era, anyway.

I recently watched The Comedians for the first time, after seeing it's trailer aired on TCM - up until that point, I'd not realized that Gish had a supporting role in the film & the movie itself had never come up strongly enough on my radar to seek out - probably for the same reasons discussed about it's lack of commercial success in the TCM article for it:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/3446/The-Comedians/articles.html

Turns out that it's a pretty decent movie - worth a viewing.

• Like 1

I think TNOTH, is also my favorite Gish film, certainly of the talking era, anyway.

I recently watched The Comedians for the first time, after seeing it's trailer aired on TCM - up until that point, I'd not realized that Gish had a supporting role in the film & the movie itself had never come up strongly enough on my radar to seek out - probably for the same reasons discussed about it's lack of commercial success in the TCM article for it:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/3446/The-Comedians/articles.html

Turns out that it's a pretty decent movie - worth a viewing.

The reason I think it gets passed over is because the title is misleading and the people interested in the title were expecting a comedy.