Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could direct a classic movie which one and why?

inglis

I was on Oahu last year. Every Friday night they show movies on the beach at Waikiki. The night I was there they showed a beautiful print of Blue Hawaii! It was sublime. To sit on that balmy beach with toes in the sand and watch an old movie with such an enthusiastic crowd. We had a blast.

I think perhaps I would want to direct Six Degrees of Separation or Carousel, two movies with great potential that wasn't met. I'd probably make an even bigger mess of them, but gee it'd be great to try...

Aloha!

Jack, you beat me to the punch with Carousel, which should have been a great movie. The first thing I would do is keep Sinatra from quiting by hiring someone to make an offer he couldn't refuse. Already the film is 50% better.

I'd love to remake The Sun Also Rises. The Tyrone Power film was so mediocre and bland, for the most part, because it was a Tyrone Power film. The only person I'd keep would be Errol Flynn because he was at his best and stole the show. The movie totally missed the book's essence, of a way of life that is lost and can never be reclaimed.