Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need name of movie

tcmwatcher

Hi,

There was a movie about a B-52(?) that crashed in the desert. Toward the end of the movie, the men in the airplane were playing a game of baseball when the plan was discovered. One by one each survivor disappeared as their body's were discovered. All but one guy whose body was never found. (It was under the tail of the plane). He became the soul survivor.

The movie was based on a real plane accident.

Can you tell me the name of the movie?

Sole Survivor, an excellent TV movie from 1970, which has become a cult classic over the years. Except for the supernatural aspect, it's based on the recovery of a long-missing US bomber from WW2 that was found nearly intact in the North African desert years after the war. (I remember the discovery of the plane, called Lady Be Good, which happened when I was in high school.)

Details here:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0065007/

Actually, I seem to recall that it was B-25 Mitchell (similar to the B-24, but with two engines instead of four), but that's neither here nore there.

The film was the first of CBS's "Cinema Center 100" TV-movie unit, a subsidiary of the network that didn't last too long.

The "Lady Be Good" was a B-24D, the plane in the movie was a B-25. I haven't seen the movie in years, so I guessed that he was mistaken in calling it a B-52. I realized the movie plane was a Mitchell when I read the info on IMDb. I read the book about the LBG in high school, and the story has always stuck with me. When the administration recently renewed ties with Libya, my first thought was to go back and look for the missing 9th man. That story has always haunted me.

Thank you for the title. I thought it was "Soul" Survivor but could not find any information about it. Now I know why. (Sole / Soul). I used to watch this movie when I was younger with my dad and now I look back a charish the anticipation we shared as we watched the movie together.

You're welcome. Google "Soul Survivor" and you probably came up with Rolling Stones lyrics! :-) Would like to see the movie again. I guess the last time I saw it was when it first aired, with my dad also. Funny that someone is asking for the name of the movie again here today.

• 3 weeks later...

I need the name of a movie that is about a young girl who goes and parties all night with the people in her town as the young men go off to war. She remembers nothing about the evening except that she got married and didn't use her real name so she doesn't know who her husband is. She later finds out she is pregnant which poses a problem with her father who is rather strict. That's as far as I've seen and I've wanted to see the rest, but I don't know what it's called.

• 3 months later...

I have another one... I think it used to be on Disney around Halloween time a lot, but I haven't seen it in a long time. I girl finds this necklace that and whenever she wears it, whatever she wishes for/says comes true. The one line I can remember is she wished her friend good luck during a school play by saying, "Break a leg, Kiki!" and her friend proceeded to trip over a ladder and break her leg. What movie is this?

Hi, I saw a movie that I thought was called Gas Lamp but I think I was wrong. It was about a man who tried to convince his wife/girlfirend she was going insane by flickering th elights etc. But in truth he had murdered her famous mother years before. if anyone knows the name I would greatly appreciate it.