Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Life on a Minimum Wage. READ THIS!!

Back before Reaganomics and Clintonomics, these jobs were for beginners or those who had little education. Now, it's a way of life for family-providers and it is a terrible existence for any American citizen to have to accept.

Don't think so? READ THIS.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/minimum_wage_minimum_chance_on_being_nickel_and_dimed_in_2016_20160216

• Like 1

Back before Reaganomics and Clintonomics, these jobs were for beginners or those who had little education. Now, it's a way of life for family-providers and it is a terrible existence for any American citizen to have to accept.

Don't think so? READ THIS.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/minimum_wage_minimum_chance_on_being_nickel_and_dimed_in_2016_20160216

Sorry dark, but personally I've always wondered why ANYONE would bring a child into this world who, first, was under 25 freakin' years old, nope, make that THIRTY, and so in most cases don't even know who the hell THEY "are" and how the freakin' world "works" and how they might "fit into it" and thus have NO freakin' clue now to impart this information onto their little progeny, and secondly, ANYONE who can't even afford to put food in THEIR OWN freakin' mouths?????

(...and so, while I DO think the minimum wage should be raised to a reasonable and "livable" level, I STILL think ANYONE who thinks of "raising a family" on those wages is, well, one big freakin' dummy!!!)

'

Sorry dark, but personally I've always wondered why ANYONE would bring a child into this world who, first, was under 25 freakin' years old, nope, make that THIRTY, and so in most cases don't even know who the hell THEY "are" and how the freakin' world "works" and how they might "fit into it" and thus have NO freakin' clue now to impart this information onto their little progeny, and secondly, ANYONE who can't even afford to put food in THEIR OWN freakin' mouths?????

(...and so, while I DO think the minimum wage should be raised to a reasonable and "livable" level, I STILL think ANYONE who thinks of "raising a family" on those wages is, well, one big freakin' dummy!!!)

There are many now working at minimum wage jobs that had better paying jobs when they started their families. Please read the article.

There are many now working at minimum wage jobs that had better paying jobs when they started their families. Please read the article.

Read it, and still think the bottom line is that "labor is cheap" because too many people in the world who can't afford to even feed themselves continue to have children and at a seemingly exponential rate, and thus the "cheap labor market" is continually flooded, and thus far too easy to be taken advantage of by corporate interests.

(...and no matter how much YOU will cry "Power to the People", NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER CHANGE because of that!!!!)

Read it, and still think the bottom line is that "labor is cheap" because too many people in the world who can't afford to even feed themselves continue to have children and at a seemingly exponential rate, and thus the "cheap labor market" is continually flooded, and thus far too easy to be taken advantage of by corporate interests.

(...and no matter how much YOU will cry "Power to the People", NOTHIN'S GONNA EVER CHANGE because of that!!!!)

Yes. Christ did say "the poor are with us always".

Yes. Christ did say "the poor are with us always".

Yep, and "thanks" to so many of the people who say they're his "disciple" and want to press their own religious beliefs into law and are pressing to close as many family planning centers as they can, "the poor" will CONTINUE to be "with us always" at an even GREATER number than there are presently, huh!

(...and this of course isn't even taking into account and even GREATER number of those in another religious following centered in the Middle East, HUH?!!!) 

Yep, and "thanks" to so many of the people who say they're his "disciple" and want to press their own religious beliefs into law and are pressing to close as many family planning centers as they can, "the poor" will CONTINUE to be "with us always" at an even GREATER number than there are presently, huh!

(...and this of course isn't even taking into account and even GREATER number of those in another religious following centered in the Middle East, HUH?!!!) 

It's a cruel irony. Having sex is free - it's one of the few pleasures that poor people can indulge in that doesn't require money.

Until the bill comes later in the form of mouths to feed, that is.

• Like 1

Obama has failed. He tried to get to Reagan's

monthly UE rate of 10.8%, but he never made it.

Actually, it wasn't OBAMA who failed, it was more the wealthiest corporatons and individuals, whom claimed they needed that hugely unequal TAX BREAK because, as their right-wing buddies keep calling them "job creators",  the tax break was supposed to insure their ability to CREATE all those jobs that they NEVER DID, but they're still getting the tax break! 

Dark was right in pointing out that many trying to raise a family on minimum wage jobs most likely started those families when they still had their better paying jobs, but lost them once NAFTA swung into high gear.

Personally, I started MY family when I was 21.  But I was already well established at GM, but it's different now than what Dargo surmises.

It's NOT neccesarily poor people having children in an attempt to take advantage of the welfare system and perpetuate an existence of "planned poverty"( as one friend of mine calls it).  But there's the goofball situations created by those who mistakenly think if you DON'T have sex education classes in schools, then kids WON'T get the idea to have sex( yeah, right!), same with not providing contraception options to girls and boys under a certain age, and the increase of young girls thinking of babies as "accessories" rather than the immense responsibilities they are that adds to the problem.

There are a few members in my family struggling to raise their families on a couple of minimum wage jobs EACH, and it ain't easy.  But as I pointed out earlier(as did Dark), they started their families when they had better paying jobs at places that closed down to move to Viet Nam and Mexico for cheaper labor.

Sepiatone

• Like 3