Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fred and Ginger

traceyk65

Tracey, I don't remember a documentary about them as a team. I have the box set, but I'm at work; I'll check when I get home later tonight. If you're toying with ideas for your programming -- and I don't know if these will fit with whatever you're doing -- but remember Fellini paid homage to them with Fred and Ginger, a sweet comedy with Marcello Mastroianni and Giulietta Masina as aging ballroom celebrities; PBS' Great Performances did an episode called "The Fred Astaire Songbook" that shows lots of clips and was narrated by Audrey Hepburn; and there's the American Film Institute Salute to Fred Astaire that aired on television in 1981. But I don't know of anything that's specifically about them as a team; I'll double check as soon as I get home though...

Hi Tracey,

Each of the five disks in the Fred & Ginger set include 15 minute featurettes. For instance, the featurette included on the Swing Time disk is called "The Swing of things: Swing Time Step By Step... They're all specific to the movie on the disk, rather than an overview of their partnership.