Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie title - movie about the Royal Gorge in Colorado

Celestina

I grew up in Colorado and I remember a movie that was always very popular at the local theater and, later, when television became available, as a movie shown by the local TV 'station.'

This was back in the 50's and I haven't seen the movie anywhere since then, but it was filmed in Denver and probably in the late 40's or early 50's.

From what I remember, the movie was mostly a mystery and the good guy went to real places in the downtown Denver of the 50's while he tried to piece all of the clues together. The film ended with the good guy tracking the bad guy down to the Royal Gorge, where the two men got into a fight while on the Royal Gorge Bridge. It MIGHT have been considered a 'western,' although I would be more inclined to think of the movie as a 'mystery.'

The movie MIGHT have been done in 3-D, although our local theater was never equipped with the special 'glasses,' etc. that it took to turn this movie into '3-D.'

Sincerely, Celestina, Colorado