Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There used to be, in this forum page, several threads concerning Donald Trump and his bid for the U.S. presidency.  With hundreds of pages and numbering probably a few thousand replies, most of them NOT forwarding or promoting any useful info as to why some think he would make a good president, but just as springboards for frustrated right-wingers to sound off about why they hate either persident Obama or candidate Hillary Clinton.

Actually, I've never understood the allure of Donald Trump.  Not only as a candidate, but ever since he's been brought to the population's attention back in the late '70's.

I really couldn't have cared less about how much wealth some real estate agent accumulated.  The greater the wealth really never translates into the greater the person.

That Trump's wealth was likely achieved by the stabbing and trudging over the backs of countless, but more honest and trusting(and better) people matters nothing to me.  And I also don't see how some figure it makes him a viable presidential candidate.

Now, at the beginning of his run, many people were enamored in the display of Trump, "Telling it like it IS", or "Having the guts to say what everyone else is thinking anyway."

???

I've also heard these said about GEORGE CARLIN and RICHARD PRYOR.  But as much as I loved and admired those two, I NEVER felt either would make a good president of the United States.

To paraphrase the great HUMPHREY BOGART--------

I've never heard Donald Trump say anything  that hasn't been said by any drunk "on all the  barstools in all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world", and likely with more eloquence .

All Trump does seem to bring to the table is an ego as bloated as his physicality.

Being the county's most successful real estate agent doesn't mean  one's a good idea for president.

Neither does saying everything and anything straight out of the NATIONAL REVIEW handbook.

OR being better at name calling than the other guy.

Now, I know there are some in here who, if they even bothered to read this far, are ready to slam back at me and tell what THEY feel is wrong about HILLARY CLINTON and BERNIE SANDERS.  But to be honest, I ain't really happy with THOSE choices either.  This may just be ANOTHER election year in which I just vote on local issues, some judges and some propositions and proposals.

The cartoon show SOUTH PARK once called it when a character said it's often "A choice between a d o u c h e bag and a t u r d  sandwich."

This seems to be one of those years.  Which is which I'll leave up to the individual.  :D

Sepiatone

Didn't Trump say something like---president Obama might have attended Justice Scalia's funeral if the services were held in a mosque ? 

See......it's asinine flippance like THAT which leads me to feel this clown would be the worst thing for this country should he make it to the White House.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Didn't Trump say something like---president Obama might have attended Justice Scalia's funeral if the services were held in a mosque ? 

See......it's asinine flippance like THAT which leads me to feel this clown would be the worst thing for this country should he make it to the White House.

Republicans play to their base - and the base likes it when those kinds of things are said. They themselves think that way and they like to hear their leaders being (or pretending to be) like themselves.

• Like 1