Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Actress of alltime- Barbara Stanwyck

tennis

After watching Bette Davis all month I realized she played herself most of the time . That of a selfish **** with a fog of smoke in front of her face . She fought for and got to play in many great movies. For my money Barbara Stanwyck was the best of all screen actress. She played leads in all most ninety films and didn't need a male lead actor to carry the movie. After fifty years in the movies she went on to star in her own tv series and played a major part in the Thorn Birds. I have seen about thirty five of her movies and I cant remember any I didn't find entertaining. She was well liked on the set and had real concerns for them . She certainly had something to have a relationship with a much younger Robert Wagner.

As much as I love Bette, I have to say Barbara never got her just reward. On AFI's list she was # 11 after Crawford! She was one of the most straight forward, honestly sincere actresses. Her versatility was amazing. From The Bitter Tea of General Yen to Stella Dallas to Lady of Burlesque to Titanic she played a kept woman, an embarrassment to her daughter, a bump and grind whiz, and a lady of quality all with equal ease and success. And, she was the main reason I watched The Big Valley! One movie of hers which few remember is one of my personal favorites, All I Desire from 1952. A great performance again! But, Bette is still tops on my list! And, remember, don't be to hard on other's favorites, they get upset easily, just as I do about Garbo. I'm glad you didn't say those things about Her! Ha!