Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia Quiz for Beginners

FredCDobbs

It's not Mundy or Catlett, but you're all hitting the right time period. And, I must confess, I inadvertently led ya'll astray with the Batman clue--I'm not talking about Adam West. Clue #4:

When I'm not spieling, you can find me amongst the likes of Gene, Roy and Hoppy.

Wow, I didn't mean to make it so hard. Here's clue #5:

Toward the end of my career, I left the big screen and started rubbing elbows with Paladin, Josh Randall, Brett Maverick, Gil Favor, the Lone Ranger, the Range Rider and numerous other small screen heroes.

Earle "Go away kid, ya bother me" Hodgins

Edit - but I can't find the Batman connection.

@nd edit - Found it. The Batman (1943). He was the Cave of Horrors barker.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

Well, you got me. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll definitely know to tone it down next time. But, isn't it amazing how many times Hodgins played a barker. It seemed like everytime I would watch an old movie with a sideshow or carnival I'd hear the same voice in the background. And, sure enough, it was always Hodgins. I haven't even tried to count how many times he is credited as a barker, attendant, spieler or pitchman on imdb, but you could definitely say he's the Silver Screen embodiment of such parts. I'd know that voice anywhere. Way to go with tracking him down through all the connections, even Batman. Now the ball's in your court.

Thanks, Gerb. Now that I know the answer I can see why you thought it would be an easy one. Truth is, I'm sure I've him seen dozens of times, but even after all this, I still can't picture him, and I didn't recognize the name.

Okay, here's mine:

What actor in what movie used a piece of sports equipment as a kitchen utensil?

Didn't Jack Lemmon use a tennis racket as a spaghetti strainer/colander in "The Apartment"?

[My answer seems to be in the form of a question - I hope this does not 'jeopardize' [covers ears to muffle the groans of the multitudes] my chance of winning...]