Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia Quiz for Beginners

FredCDobbs

You've got it, patful! And I don't think that you're an idiot!

These were all Broadway musicals that used the films as their main source material. The tricky one was THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER which was turned into the stage musical She Loves Me.

I guess it really wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Sorry. I will ban myself from this thread!

Sandy K

Message was edited by:

sandykaypax

> How about this?

>

> "Frightened? Child, you're talking to a man who's

> laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and

> chuckled at catastrophe... I was petrified."

This has probably already been answered, but after reading several pages of the trivia questions and not having a clue as to the answers, someone posted one I DO know!

It's the wizard telling Dorothy and friend how he got to Oz in the "Wizard of Oz".

And there was much celebration!!! Sorry about that, my other trivia questions were answered in a couple of minutes. Pride got the best of me. Joan Fontaine won for "Suspicion", Welles for writing "Citizen Kane", Elizabeth Taylor won for "Butterfield 8" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf", and Margaret O'Brien and Peggy Ann Garner won Juvenile Oscars for work in 1944 and 1945. And Mr. Rochester's wife Bertha loved a good roaring fire. Take this burden from my shoulders, wordmaster!

Well, patful, that was the only Gothic chick novel that came to mind; although you could have been talking about either Gothic chick novels or Gothic chick novels [the latter being more of a 20th century kind of thing]...

Now, for a question:

What do Ruby Keeler, Deanna Durbin, John Ireland and Walter Pidgeon have in common?

Yes, Brad was close.

The answer is that both Lana Turner and Barbara Read played a character named Margo Lane.

Read [as Barbara Reed] played Margo in three "Shadow" films: The Shadow Returns, Behind the Mask and The Missing Lady.

Lana Turner's last film was Thwarted [1991]; she played Margo Lane in that film.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings