Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia Quiz for Beginners

Dan, I've having trouble with access.

Can you take over from here?

I am having trouble posting.

The answer to my question was The Major and The Minor.

But I mixed up my Woodys with my Billys.

Sorry about that, Cinemascope.

Sorry about that, Dan.

Message was edited by:

SueSueApplegate

Dan, I've having trouble with access.

Can you take over from here?

I am having trouble posting.

In what movie is the leading man told by his best friend that his soon-to-be girlfriend is "at most, three feet tall!"?

Dan N.

Freaks?

No, not Tod Browning's "Freaks" (1932).

The film in question included in its cast an actor whose specialty was portraying a famous world leader. He played this person in at least ten (10!) films.

Dan N.

Raymond Massey?

Um, no, Raymond Massey isn't involved. Massey portrayed Abraham Lincoln at least five (5) times, but he isn't in our picture.

Let's not lose sight of the original question. In what movie is the leading man informed by his best friend that his soon-to-be girlfriend is, at most, three feet tall?

Dan N.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, you're good! =0)

Thanks, Gilda. If Johnm agrees with you when he wakes up, then I have a new question for you.

I'm thinking now of an Asian-born actress who appeared in over 50 films and has something in common with Lynn Redgrave and also something in common with silent screen star Anita Page.

Who is she?

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

Elizabeth Hartman. She was 22 when nominated for an Academy Award for a leading role, in "A Patch of Blue" (1965).

In her last role, she provided the voice for one of the characters in "The Secret of NIMH" (1982).

Dan

Well, of course that's right Dan. The other two movies in the question are: YOU'RE A BIG BOY NOW (Julie Harris played Miss Thing), and THE BEGUILED (Clint Eastwood played John McBurney).