Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia Quiz for Beginners

FredCDobbs

Here's an exchange from one of my favorite westerns that runs regularly on TCM. Both actors are well-known, and the first is known mainly for westerns.

1st good guy: Did you get him?

2nd good guy: Who?

1st: The fella that ran outta the church!

2nd: Well, yes and no.

1st: Yes and no? Did you or didn't you?

2nd: I hit the sign, and the sign hit him.

1st Well, that's great.

2nd: He was limping when he left!

1st: He was limping when he got here!

Hey Lucky Dan i am not sure but I am thinking it is something John Wayne to Jack Elam would say and then I thought Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid but was not sure how often that runs so whatever a guess can't hurt any .Inglis

You are partially correct, Inglis. John Wayne is Good Guy #1, but he is speaking to an actor who is not known for westerns. Keep thinking on it.

Now that I think of it, maybe AMC ran this more than TCM. Here's another exchange:

Wayne: Now just a minute son

Good Guy #2: I... AM NOT... YOUR SON. My name is Alan Bourdillion Traherne.

Wayne: ...Lord Almighty...

#2: Yeah

This is one of Good Guy #2's first major roles.He hit it big a few years later in a made-for-TV bio, and working on another film with Coppola.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

> You are partially correct, Inglis. John Wayne is Good

>> Now that I think of it, maybe AMC ran this more than

> TCM. Here's another exchange:

>

> Wayne: Now just a minute son

> Good Guy #2: I... AM NOT... YOUR SON. My name is Alan

> Bourdillion Traherne.

> Wayne: ...Lord Almighty...

> #2: Yeah

>

> This is one of Good Guy #2's first major roles.He hit

> it big a few years later in a made-for-TV bio, and

> working on another film with Coppola.

>

> Message was edited by:

> LuckyDan

LuckyDan,

Good Guy #2 is James Caan in the Howard Hawks' western, El Dorado, (1967) which was very similar to the Hawks/Wayne 1959 collaboration, Rio Bravo. Caan's character closely resembles the young gunfighter who helps Wayne in Rio Bravo, played by Ricky Nelson. BTW, the other Caan movies your'e referring to obviously are Brian's Song, the TV movie about the football star Brian Piccolo, and or course, The Godfather.

Just to conclude the previous puzzle, Wayne and Caan are the actors and El Dorado is the movie.

P.S> I didn't read far wnough down before I posted - I see you did name the film. Well done.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

The DB5 was first used in GOLDFINGER. It had a few more special modifications, courtesy of "Q":

Ejector passenger seat

Rotating license plates

Video screen designed to track the two different "homer" homing devices given him by "Q."

And, yes, the car had spinning "knock-off" hubcaps to chew up villains' tires, much like Messala's Greek chariot in BEN-HUR.

Hi guys you are both right and metryroad I know that the Bentleys were popular and in Dr No he drove Sunbeam Alpine there were BMW's a Lotus Esprit remember the Mach1 in Diamonds Are ForEver I loved the driving sideways stunt there was also a Toyota but I am not sure about a car that was official in the early days (Books) he drove Bentleys but when movies started it seemed theAstin Martin was used alot . So you tell me is there that one car . Good question by the way !

Please understand that I'm not correcting you, but I am trying to make it easier for everyone else who reads your (or anyone's) postings to find additional information elsewhere, a process aided greatly by knowing the correct spelling of something.

There doesn't seem to be a question before the panel. Keeping in mind the thread author's intent, I post the following:

Lead 1: There's another problem.

Lead 2: Like what?

Lead 1: Like, what are you gonna do on your honeymoon?

Lead 2: We've been discussing that. He wants to go to the Riviera but I kinda lean towards Niagara Falls

I've excluded the characters names and given anonymous designations to make it a little more challenging for the beginners.

Archived