Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia Quiz for Beginners

FredCDobbs

As far as the ease, it's all relative to one's experience. The Shark and Ozark clues were the easiest to solve. Just going to the database and entering the name Ozark would give you Ronnie Cox. And the stretch from Shark to Sharky isn't that great. Once these fall into place the name of the movie follows and directs you to Ned Beatty and Jon Voight. Going to filmographies for those two would help, but having viewed the referenced movies would make it easy. I think the Beatty reference is easy, but the Voight will take some searching.

Throw this on the "In Other Words" thread with the experts, and it would be solved so fast it would make your head spin. Now those "IOW's" are tough!

To be fair, the Voight reference was made-for-TV, but the Beatty one is a legitimate theatrical release that most of the posters have seen. It was one "Sweet" role. As far as the database, I hope it won't be "flooded" with searches for Voight.

Besides, I offered another question just in case no one wanted to do this one. Some of the beginners could run rings around me when it comes to classic movie trivia and I want to make it , at least, a little challenging.

I know your comments are just a gentle ribbing, but this will all be over before you know it. :)

CharlieT

Yeah, I did a one-clue answer once. It's a great feeling, but it was more luck than sense. The clue just happened to be a phrase that stood out in a movie that I had seen loads of times. Go to the "Movie Database" link at the top of the page and enter a search for Ned Beatty and then one for Jon Voight and I guarantee you can solve this one. There were clues in my last post that should lead you to the "top of the mountain."

CharlieT

> Who is that guy anyway, DavidEnglish?

I don't have a clue. I found the image while browsing and saved it, thinking it might come in handy some day. It took a pointless thread to bring him out of retirement.

Edit: Found my source for the image, though I still don't know the origin of the content. Here's a link: http://www.boingboing.net/2005/02/11/laughably_poor_scifi.html. The One Man Safari blog, where I found the image, is no longer active.

What do you think about a new thread where we make up captions for odd film-related images, like our friend there? We could add a new image each week, and have at it.

By George [er...David], I think you've hit on something here!

I'm certainly game to devise some zany captions for some not-so-classic images [and maybe some classic ones that are in need of a new twist...]

We could post an image and let people take their best shot at it...sort of a 'funhouse mirror' look at film...

Something about our friend makes me think that he could be a door-to-door sex aid salesman from the planet Frunobulax...must be the hat...

Hi Sorry I have been busy with kids as school is out and I am to take a turn ,so here I go . In the movie The Party what did Peter Sellers say as he was feeding the bird in the cage and what was the name of his cowboy hero that he met at the Party . I hope these are easy if not I will try again I

Did anybody answer my question yet as it was my turn to ask and since it is so rare that I get to play I thought there was an order of who ever answers the question gets to ask lord knows it sure got pointed out to me more than once LOLInglis

That's okay Ballo Fire I am new too so don't you worry I was being kind to you as others have been to me but there are some who are picky so that is to give you a heads up on how things work around here welcome to the boards enjoy and I didn't mean to make you feel bad Okay! inglis