Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Short aired 5/30/06 between "Scarface" and "Bringing up Baby"

neophyte

Just wondered if anyone could give me the title and principal actors for this film, aired on 5/30/06 between "Scarface" and "Bringimg up Baby"- I woke up just a few minutes before it ended, and thought I'd like to see it in its entirety if I could find it, or look for future airings. Seemed kind of cute, reminiscent of the old Rooney/Garland classics. Anyone?

Sorry, I walked in the house and turned it on for the last 5 minutes also. With the experts around here, a description would help: it looked like a "Hey gang, let's put on a show!" type. A boy was the emcee, one number had about 50 5-year-old girls dancing, another had an older boy tap-dancing by himself. At the end, the boy's father walked in carrying a stringer of fish, and it ended with several cats chasing him offstage. Maybe someone recognizes it?

Agreed, "Man on the Flying Trapeze" wasn't exactly a high point in film history. Neither was much else of what I saw in the 10 or so closing minutes. Still, the film is a part of motion picture history, and I'd like to find out why "dad" was out fishing and junior got to put on a show while he was gone. Seems like we're talking about the same show, and I'd like to know a little more about it.

It was pretty awful, but "campy" fun anyway. I couldn't turn it off. The dad actually looked familiar. I hate that TCM doesn't list the shorts that are playing, because I'm borderline OCD on knowing what I've just watched. I guess if I could watch 24 hours a day, then maybe I wouldn't miss a title! Maybe someone will read this thread and recognize it.