Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Return of Liz Taylor

MattHelm

I posted a news story here awhile ago that said she was at Death's Door. She was just on Larry King and looks great. She debunked the rumors of her poor health by saying, "Oh, come on, do I look like I'm dying? Do I look like or sound like I have Alzheimer's?"

"Oh, come on, do I look like I'm dying? Do I look like or sound like I have Alzheimer's?" >>

Way to go, Liz!

We were watching Frontline's History on Aids last night and towards the end of part one, there was a well done section on Rock Hudson and also one on Liz Taylor's getting Reagan to be the keynote speaker for her first year as chairman of AMFAR (I think it was).

Anyways, it was the mid-1980s and Liz looked great. Was thinking back to the reports that she was on Death's Door and all that.

Then saw on the news later that night that she had been on Larry King and was debunking those rumors.

She's 74, been in and out of pain most her life and I hope she's with us for more years to come because she is one of the last of that era still with us.

God Bless Liz.

I watched her on Larry king last night and it was something to see her I had not seen her live for a few years, as you say it is nice she is still with us and all her efforts when Aids had infected Rock Hudson .

I posted a news story here awhile ago that said she was at Death's Door. She was just on Larry King and looks great. She debunked the rumors of her poor health by saying, "Oh, come on, do I look like I'm dying? Do I look like or sound like I have Alzheimer's?"

Of course, she could be like the dead El Cid, strapped to a wheelchair instead of a horse.

I seem to remember debunking the "Liz-is-about-to-meet-her-Maker" scuttlebutt that was rattling around these pages. At the recent screening of the restored CLEOPATRA at the Motion Picture Academy, a mutual friend told me he tried to persuade Taylor to appear to introduce the film, but she declined partly because of her back problems, and partly because she generally goes out only for charitable causes. Anyway, he said that her health was actually pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

"...screening of the restored CLEOPATRA at the Motin Picture Academy."

OH...MY...GOD!!! Everyone, pay attention, I found a spelling error in one of CineSage jr's posts. He who lives to correct others. "Motin"? He is human, after all!!!!!

Though I have seen other stars her age in better shape we have to realize that 'La Liz' has had health problems troubling her for years and years, she's been on the brink of death more times than we can remember.Liz has also suffered from severe bouts of depression, not to mention a tumultuous love life.I think that she did look good on Larry King Live and she had her wits about her,I think she was brave to go there and address everyone like she did, you can see that it is uncomfortable for her to get around.Her work for the aids foundation is admirable and astounding.