Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Sterling - 1917 - 2006

vecchiolarry

Hello Everyone,

I have just heard that Robert Sterling has died this morning. He was 88.

He leaves a widow, actress Anne Jeffreys; their three sons; and a daughter, Tisha Sterling, from his former marriage to Ann Sothern.......

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about his career except that he starred in the TV series, "Topper"..

R.I.P. Robert Sterling

Larry

Sorry to hear the sad news. The very handsome Mr. Sterling was under contract to MGM throughout the 1940s to early 1950's playing supporting roles in such films as JOHNNY EAGER and SHOWBOAT. In the 50's Sterling appeared on dozens of TV shows and acted in several more films throughout the 60's including VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA and RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE.

His wife (#2) Anne Jeffreys was,to me,ALWAYS a welcome addition to any cast,Miss Jeffreys and Sterling co-starred in the 50's TV comedy series "Topper", which starred Leo G.Carroll,in the title role/Wife #1 Ann Sothern was great in "A Letter to Three Wives",but Linda Darnell was THE BEST in that film.

Very much gone without fanfare, wasn't he?

He was part of my growing up -- he will always be the handsome guy in Topper -- but I missed any press on his passing.

Very handsome guy, very competent actor, did his job without all the hoopla.

Meanwhile, I did not know he was married to Anne Jeffreys -- all those years!

I want to extend my thanks to Mr. Sterling, both for his genes (Bob, you were just quite handsome!) and for being forever visible in my brain as George in the teevee Topper.