Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the top 3 sexiest men in the movies (old hollywood)

In my family my maternal grandmother was absolutely in love with Nils Asther; she just swooned for him. My paternal grandmother loved Clark Gable (with the moustache). My mum has three favorites: Tyrone Power, Charlton Heston and Sean Connery. My mother-in-law swooned over Burt Lancaster, Jean Sorel and Alain Delon.

Others whom I read were favorites with the ladies in their respective times, because of their looks & physique and haven't been mentioned are: Johnny Weissm?ller, George O'Brien, Duncan Renaldo, George Montgomery, Gilbert Roland, Wallace Reid, Richard Greene, Patric Knowles, James Ellison, James Craig, Lee Bowman, David Manners, Charles Boyer, Gordon Scott, Steve Reeves and Chester Morris.

Tyrone Power was a man I always liked

But the prize goes to Paul Newman. The most beautiful man I have ever seen. His body and face were so perfectly sculpted, you had to wonder how someone so beautiful could be real. Those blue eyes simply melted you. As he got into his 40s, he simply exuded sex appeal better than anyone else.

Gosh in old Hollywood there were so many! Here a just a few of my very favorites!

Gregory Peck Sigh.... most definitely

Gene Kelly

Errol Flynn, what more can I say...

Ceasar Romaro; I forgot about him until I saw the other posts... he was so handsome and had such a blinding smile and a wonderful actor

Robert Mitchum

Douglas Fairbanks Senior

Ronald Colman

Cary Grant

For me, the three sexiest men in 1930's and 40's Hollywood are:

1. Errol Flynn - quite possibly the most beautiful man who ever lived, IMO. *lol* Even his voice was sexy. And that smile! - he could light up a room like nobody's business. I never tire of watching him.

2. Gary Cooper - not only was he the poster boy for "that strong silent type"...but he had a measured elegance about him that was very sexy in itself. And finally, maybe I've been watching too much "Mr Deeds Goes to Town" or something, but I see just a drop of a boyish quality in him that is just adorable when combined with all the rest. IMO, it is the combination of all of this that puts him over-the-top sexy.

3. Montgomery Clift - stunningly handsome, brooding types are hard to resist. Monty is the texbook example of this. Especially in certain of his roles, like "Indiscretion of an American Housewife". Yipes! I'da done it with him on a out-of-service train too! *lol*

Runners up: Rock Hudson, Clark Gable, Charles Boyer

John Garfield,manly but at the same time considerate, down to earth.How old Hollywood are we looking for here? I love Cary Grant, Louis Jordan, Omar Shariff,Robert Redford,Rossano Brazzi,Rock Hudson (who cares about his preference!).William Powell had a certain appeal.I almost forgot! Charles Boyer!!!

Rossano Brazzi is a good call! I hadn't thought of him, and he definitely belongs in the 1950's group. Ruggedly built, terra cotta complected, and that voice... Renato di Rossi stirred up more than just Jane Hudson in Summertime.

Jack (If I may take the liberty to call you by your first name):

I'm afraid that I have never heard of Renato Di Rossi, please tell me more and who, more or less,does he look like? About Rossano Brazzi, I just knew that someone would find him delectable!

I think I remember that movie but only vaguely, weren't they already in their prime when they did this movie? It seems like I see them walking along a river, maybe somewhere in either Italy or France, right? They might have even gone down the river in a boat.

Summertime took place in Venezia, so there's a lot of water and boats in this picture. In fact, there's a scene wherein Miss Hepburn falls into a canal. An infection resulted from this fall that affected her for the rest of her life. She plays a "school marm" who goes to Italy and finds romance. Criterion Collection has this movie on DVD and I often think of buying it, but always talk myself out of it just in the nick of time because there's no supplemental material included...