Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the top 3 sexiest men in the movies (old hollywood)

Errol Flynn, Errol Flynn, and Errol Flynn.

Errol is the most beautiful man anywhere. Past. present, and furture. No one can even begin to compare with him. IMO. I just love him. Not that you could tell that fact. I hide it so well. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll go for Cary,he's my all time favorite.Kirk was kind of nice looking but not my type though I love him as an actor.Sidney is definitely nice looking but he's not in my other two.They would be;Clark Gable and I would have to think about the third because there are so many I like.I know there must be one of my posts on here from before.

- - - Robert Mitchum - - -

* * * * * Robert Mitchum * * *

& & & & & Robert Mitchum & & &

And Then There Was:

Cary Grant - So suave and debonair

Gregory Peck - Soooo Handsome

and Robert Mitchum - No words can describe how sexy he was.

> - - - Robert Mitchum - - -

> * * * * * Robert Mitchum * * *

> & & & & & Robert Mitchum & & &

>

> And Then There Was:

>

> Cary Grant - So suave and debonair

> Gregory Peck - Soooo Handsome

> and Robert Mitchum - No words can describe how sexy

> he was.

I don't think that Polly Bergen ("Cape Fear" ) would agree with you !

> > > - - - Robert Mitchum - - -

> > > * * * * * Robert Mitchum * * *

> > > & & & & & Robert Mitchum & & &

>

>

>

> Hey Ken no disrespect intended but stick to Maureen

> O'Hara I believe you are more qualified for that

> subject! ;)

I was only KIDDING ! Bob ( as Max ) was very nasty to Polly, in that one !

Ask about sexy women, we probably know 2 or 3 of the answers you guys would give, such as Maureen, Greta, and Hedy. I had to get my fantasy in there because nobody ever thinks of him altho he's soooooo suuuuper.

Oddly enough, I saw Polly in a bio on T.V. and she said altho he scared the bejesus out of her in that scene, she absolutely adored him. In fact he had a hard time playing that scene because they were friends, purely platonic in her words.

Wow Ken your wife had good taste.

I always found Ricardo Montalban sexy since I saw him in My Man and I. Shelly Winters who isn't exactly pretty got the good-looking guy for once and he wanted her bad and that made him even more sexy to me.

James Cagney was sexy.

Ron O'Neal of Superfly was very sexy.

> Wow Ken your wife had good taste.

>

> I always found Ricardo Montalban sexy since I saw him

> in My Man and I. Shelly Winters who isn't exactly

> pretty got the good-looking guy for once and he

> wanted her bad and that made him even more sexy to

> me.

>

> James Cagney was sexy.

> Ron O'Neal of Superfly was very sexy.

My wife sure did have good taste-- She picked me !! But Tony Curtis ?

I didn't see anybody mention the guy I think is the sexiest actor of alltime, JEFFREY HUNTER. Talk about handsome!! And such a warm and friendly and honorable personality on the screen. How could anyone resist that.

TYRONE POWER is my second choice, he has the same qualities as well as a touch of sophistication as well.

Third is that hunky B-western star CHARLES STARRETT. So handsome Myrna Loy mentioned him decades later among her favorite costars, adding "What a beautiful hunk of man!"

> I didn't see anybody mention the guy I think is the

> sexiest actor of alltime, JEFFREY HUNTER. Talk about

> handsome!! And such a warm and friendly and honorable

> personality on the screen. How could anyone resist

> that.

>

You'll have to read back a bit in the previous threads to see my rapturous rantings on Jeffrey Hunter. Sigh, sigh. If you read biographical material about him, you will find that many who knew him used the word "beautiful" to describe him.

Since I'm already here, I'll contribute my list:

"Old Hollywood"

Spencer Tracy

James Cagney

Gary Cooper

"Not So Old Hollywood"

Jeff Chandler

Jeffrey Hunter

Anthony Franciosa

Most of you are mistaking 'handsome' for 'sexy'. 90% of the leading men were chosen for contracts because they were beautiful. (Jeffrey Hunter was chosen as Christ for 'King of Kings' because his face was so beautiful.) I'm talking about pure animal magnetism, Mitchum had it, and Bogie had it. Looking at their first few movies, their looks certainly didn't make them stand out as leading men, it was their attitude, posturing, and those eyes, when they looked out from the screen, (if you were a woman), they were looking straight at you! ! ! Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan have IT yoo, but they also have the looks that put them at the top.

Hey, I hope I'm old enough (and experienced enough) to differentiate pretty from sexy.

Just 'cause I think some of these guys are good looking doesn't make them any less sexy in my eyes. I frankly don't very much like the kind of face Jeff Chandler had, but I think he was a definite **** in other ways. Many people are not particularly taken with Spencer Tracy's looks, thinking him rather ordinary-looking, but I find him attractive and manly. And if Jeffrey Hunter happened to be a beautiful man, so much the better - I find his screen presence highly animal and unquestionably magnetic. The fact that he could tone it down to place Jesus is to his credit (admittedly not the greatest performance ever told).

I agree that Bogart was a very magnetic screen presence, but I find him one of the un-sexiest actors ever. Ditto for Mitchum - he was very 'dangerous' looking (in a good way), but I can't call up any romantic feelings about him. It's a purely chemical reaction, and I don't think any of us have much control over such preferences.