Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1920s movies

1920sfan

I love movies from the 1920's,and partly for the same reason:) It's interesting to see the difference in the movies from the beginning of that decade,and the ones from the middle and end of it.They begin with Mary Pickford and Lillian Gish and DW Griffith,and progress into the Jazz Age and Gloria Swanson,Clara Bow,Garbo(who was actually kind of "out of time" to me),and Joan Crawford as a flapper.It's like modern history abruptly begins all in one decade. I love to see the fashions,both the early fantastic Gloria Swanson/Cecil B Demille type things,and the later more stereotypical flapper fashions. And I love seeing the houses,especially the bathrooms and bedrooms,in the DeMille movies!

The 1910s and 1920s were both two of my most favorite decades for films!

Some of what I like to see the most are the old street scenes (with OR without street cars) like Edison's New York City street scenes. It's pretty awesome seeing the old cobblestone streets, and those old vintage lampposts! The old store fronts with hand lettering painted on the windows with "(Name here) Cigar Company" and the like is pretty cool to look at, not to mention the old Coca-Cola signs, etc!

Then, on the interior scenes, I like seeing the old kitchen ice boxes and stoves, etc! That stuff is so great! :-)

Larry

http://lwsroute66.proboards57.com/