Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

?Interrupted Melody?

?Interrupted Melody?

Because I couldn?t get my review to go through on the page for this film, I?ve come here. However, I don?t see much point in it since my message was more a request than a need to spend time writing about my favorite films. And I?m afraid it will be overlooked, and the film will remain unreleased in DVD format.

I think ?Interrupted Melody? is an important film, with a great performance by Eleanor Parker.

I have this movie on VHS, Standard screen. The cover on the box is lovely.

I saw this film on TV (Rita Bell?s Prize Movie) when I was a boy. I had a brother who had polio, and at the time, it made me cry. Guess what, it still does.

Since then, people have thought I was crazy that this film existed. Well, it does.

Now, at 46, I have ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).

I often think of this film, and how Marjorie Lawrence overcame her battles, which the gorgeous Eleanor Parker plays to perfection. What an underrated actress she is. Her performance is inspirational. I also think it's one of Glen Ford's best dramatic roles. It's his most caring, and human role.

It's time to release this film on DVD and in full wide-screen format with 5.1 sound. As a classical music lover, the music in the film is also wonderful.

If there is anyone out there reading these posts, please put this movie out on DVD. I need it. Anyone with any physical disability needs it in a way I don?t think you can understand. It tells the truth. It doesn?t preach about how ?lucky? physically or terminally ill people should feel.

Thank you for your time, and be well,

Splendorflight

Message was edited by: Splendorflight

I agree with you about this movie. Parker and Ford worked well together. He was married to another Eleanor-Powell a fantastic tap dancer of the thirties and early forties. I first saw I.M. in junior high. At lunch we could pay a nickel and see 20 minutes of a movie. Fun and one of the few reasons I had to keep going to junior high.

> I agree with you about this movie. Parker and Ford

> worked well together. He was married to another

> Eleanor-Powell a fantastic tap dancer of the thirties

> and early forties. <<

Hi!

You know I remember Mom telling me what a great dancer Eleanor Powell was, and that she was the best in the business. Odd though, we never really hear about her career. Then Ann Miller stepped into her shoes (oh forgive the pun, it was unintentional). My Mom always remarked on how very different the two were - she preferred Ms. Powell to Ms. Miller.

Thanks for taking part in this thread!

Be well,

Splendorflight

"You know I remember Mom telling me what a great dancer Eleanor Powell was, and that she was the best in the business. Odd though, we never really hear about her career. Then Ann Miller stepped into her shoes (oh forgive the pun, it was unintentional). My Mom always remarked on how very different the two were - she preferred Ms. Powell to Ms. Miller.

Not to hijack this thread from Parker to Powell, but Eleanor Powell was featured on TCM today in The Great Morgan. She had a winning smile and was a superb tap dancer. I've waxed rhapsodic about her in the "Top Ten Taps To Titilate Toes" thread in the Musical Genre Forum:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=81072&tstart=0

> "You know I remember Mom telling me what a great

> dancer Eleanor Powell was, and that she was the best

> in the business. Odd though, we never really hear

> about her career. Then Ann Miller stepped into her

> shoes (oh forgive the pun, it was unintentional). My

> Mom always remarked on how very different the two

> were - she preferred Ms. Powell to Ms. Miller.

>

> Not to hijack this thread from Parker to Powell, but

> Eleanor Powell was featured on TCM today in The

> Great Morgan. She had a winning smile and was a

> superb tap dancer. I've waxed rhapsodic about her in

> the "Top Ten Taps To Titilate Toes" thread in the

> Musical Genre Forum:>

> http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=81

> 072&tstart=0

Hi San Francisco!

I'm down south of ya! :-)

It's no problem, about the tread, Jack - I'm the one who decided to answer the Powell post - don't worry. But maybe we could ban together and get "Interrupted Melody" out there! Whad'ya say? :-)

Yes indeed, as you've 'waxed rhapsodic' about Eleanor Powell, I've waxed lyrically about "Interrupted Melody" and Eleanor Parker.

I've seen Ms. Powell only once in a documentary and you're right, she did have a 'winning smile' and could tap up a storm!

Thanks for your post!

Be well,

Splendorflight