Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it just me??

...or does anyone else find these boards (and the TCM database) incredibly slow to load? We have a broadband connection and usually pages load very quickly, but TCM. Anyone know why? Is it the traffic? Or the graphics?

This geezer's still on dialup. But yes, sometimes it's slower than normal. I like to blame the newer version of Firefox for much of it, but probably also traffic. And every now and then, the site tells me to update Flash, which I have yet to do (maybe tonight).

I updated Flash from 8.022 to 8.024. I didn't disconnect my dialup so that I could compare the speed on the same connection. I could swear that it's faster now with fewer errors. I thought the update was just for security fixes, but maybe not?

I have dial-up with Firefox 1.5.0.4 with FasterFox Page Loader and I have mine set so that Flash doesn't open. The grey circle with the f is in the center and if I want flash to open I click on the circle. All pages open quicker if flash doesn't load. The TCM Web Page uses too much Flash so I never allow Flash to open on the TCM Web Site.

I use NoScript (turns off all scripting, Java, and Flash) instead of FasterFox, but the website didn't work correctly with scripting off. I listed TCM as a safe zone, so I guess it probably allows all three features to work. I've never tinkered with NoScript's settings, but I may try now.