Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forgotten Sex Gods

flickerknickers

A century of movies is littered with hundreds of sexy, beautiful performers who are now forgotten completely today. Francis X. Bushman was the first Pin-Up Boy of the l900s movies because of his knockout torso. Today, nobody's heard the name. Here's a new name I want to add to this pantheon of Forgotten Sex Gods and Goddesses. His name is Don Red Barry. I've been watching this incredible, virile, gorgeous cowboy star in Republica's l941 l5-chapter serial, "The Adventures of Red Ryder." This is one guy you've got see to believe. He looks like a macho, Adonis-like James Cagney. His performance is electrifying as Red Ryder, the crime-fighting hero. His body would make Adonis look ashamed. His virility is mesmerizing. He went onto make other many movies for Republic where they called him the "Cowboy James CAgney." By the 50s, he was so destitute he was begging movie fans to send him a dollar each so he could begin a new TV western series. Younger stars camet to his rescue: Burt Reynolds and others who always gave him bits in their movies. But to witness this Apollo at his prime--much like Buster Crabbe and Johnny Mack Brown--is a sight for the ages. Check out "Adventures of Red Ryder" and discover a Sex God who makes the like of George Clooney and Tom Cruise look like the Marx Brotehrs.

Nick,who could ever forget the ultra handsome, ultra virile Rockliffe Fellowes in "Regeneration." He was indeed a dazzing surprise to find in a l915 movie. Here's a real curio: TCM showed one of a series of documentaries about old Hollywood, especially one regarding its scandals. There was this fantastic five second snippet of a movie called "Twilight Baby," that starred the one and only, Virginia Rappe! She's the one who destroyed Fatty Arbuckle's career. But in that brief segment I was stunned by this dark, voluptuous beauty as she came out of a pool of water. She wore her hair long and it framed this sensual face.She had a raw, passionate air about her. She might have been a real sex goddess if fate had dealt her a better throw of the dice.

patypancake it looks like your hot to trot once again with your dream hunks. Don't forget about your Tom Neal.

Also I believe it's fair to say that Fatty Arbuckle destroyed the lovely Virginia Rappe's career...for good.

Mongo

Even though I'm straight, an actor that I noticed was very handsome was Ross Alexander. He never became that famous, but had roles in some Warners films during the 30's. As far as I know, he commited suicide. I guess he had a bad life, but he had the looks to make it bigger than he did.

I'd like to add the ladies to this topic, and one that is very forgotten is Carole Landis. Aside from us, who has ever heard of this incredible beauty? Another forgotten cutie is Priscilla Lane - her sisters Rosemary and Lola were attractive too.